It's a feature!! Gods from the Machine lag fest on Red Eclipse

Filmed on Wednesday night on the Red Eclipse. It is not the first time we have encountered lag in Gods from the Machine but it was the worst. We had the same problems with Tyth as well as Aivela and Esne on Veteran mode. Everything stops for a second or 3 for everyone, we can't move or use any ability. It is really frustrating.

We tried resetting the phase and spawned outside the instance repeatedly, to no avail. Note that this is not related to our own connections to the server. It affected everyone in the raid at the same moment.

Yea it's getting ridiculous lately, quite horrible from a returning player perspective as well, I and some friends got some of our guild back together for a 16man SM derp run yday to show some of the new stuff. Of course we finished with Tyth and A/E, however, nobody really commented on the new content, the main topic of the discussion was having 2-3s lag spikes every 20-30 seconds.

I doubt returning players will stay around long if that is this will continue.

Yea it's getting ridiculous lately, quite horrible from a returning player perspective as well, I and some friends got some of our guild back together for a 16man SM derp run yday to show some of the new stuff. Of course we finished with Tyth and A/E, however, nobody really commented on the new content, the main topic of the discussion was having 2-3s lag spikes every 20-30 seconds.

I doubt returning players will stay around long if that is this will continue.

The fact you did it in 16 man is part of the problem. Right now 16 man raids have far more lag issues then 8 man. I'm not saying 8 man is lag spike free. I've gotten them in all the Operations from time to time, but 16 man raids have a major issue with Lag spikes.

The fact you did it in 16 man is part of the problem. Right now 16 man raids have far more lag issues then 8 man. I'm not saying 8 man is lag spike free. I've gotten them in all the Operations from time to time, but 16 man raids have a major issue with Lag spikes.

Naturally, I have run 16man operations for years and know what is normal, this was not the case here., We did other operations in 16man as well prior to doing GotM and the difference is massive, the 2-3s lag spikes are the exact same in 16man as they are in 8man.

My group has had this issue 3 Wednesdays in a row on Harbinger (the last 2 were terrible). Our other raid night is Sunday and didn't have any issues. This kind of lag makes A&E impossible to prog in wiper phase. We need to do other content (cause other instances don't lag like this), which is kind of annoying cause we want to do the new content... This video shows exactly the same issues we are having. Another group in my guild experienced the same stuff on Wednesday, but not on Saturday...

Strange, we only ever got lag on A&E, never on Tyth. But I agree, it is annoying.

For example, in our

I hit Scamper to get to the edge for the beam phase, but because of server lag it did not register, so I manually walked to the edge, but then the Scamper registered and it rolled me off the platform. Fortunately, we managed to kill the boss regardless but these lags are just infuriating.

I am hopeful that the new server hardware improved things, because we haven't gotten any lags the last 2-3 weeks. One player had connection issues, but that's because of his ISP, not because of BioWare.

Maybe TRE is getting more lags because the population is higher than T3-M4? Not sure, because while we do see lags, they are not as plentiful like in your video.

Edited by Jerba

Yeah tbh if doesn't improve after the merges will have to give serious consideration to whether i want to pay for a lag fest, when you could spend half the night trying to get sisters down due to lag which will make progression the 3rd boss no fun at all when it comes out.

Also as Rivon said any new or returning players stepping in GODs just now are very unlikely to stay if this is not resolved

We ran 2 SM GF Gods of the Machine runs last night. In both runs I was experiencing massive laggy moments. As they were PUG runs with half guild members in each run it was hard to be sure but I think I was not alone in experiencing the lag.