Players as solid objects in warzones

Aredaz

Tried to search for this subject but couldn't find anything on it so opening the discussion.

Anyone ever thought that it would be good for pvp if characters would be regarded as solid objects? Right now you can walk through people like nothing. I think it would create a need for new more advanced tactics especially in warzones that have mass fights or small areas to defend/attack. You couldn't cap a checkpoint or place a bomb without physically dealing with the enemy players if they are organized well. This could also affect things like direct damage from bullets etc, you could intercept snipers bullets by simply standing in the way bringing a whole new element to tanking.

I can see that this would be a bad idea in general gameplay, like on the fleet where a group could block a whole hallway by standing side by side. But in pvp warzones it would bring added flavour.

Edited by Aredaz
Typo in the header

Too exploitable, a sniper or sin tank will sit on the voidstar door, or the yavin node, blocking the button and being healed by 3 healers, nothing can now get to the door. Tbh already sometimes I jump around the Novare objective button to make it harder for people to click it and cap when there are too many for me to keep on sight and interupt. It buys expesnive seconds and it is certainly not how the devs intended the game to work, but it works. So if a body blocking your cursor is annoying, just imagine how blocking LoS and movement can be annoying.

[3 people around the bomb planter = immune planter? XD]

It is called push thru or no push thru, what we have, and it is common in sandbox PvP MMOs.

Even if they could flip a switch on the engine, extremely doubtful, it is something that has to be designed into everything. Too many WZs have choke points that could be exploited.

Also I highly doubt you could enable this in WZ but no where else.

Warhammer Online had this mechanic, and it made for really fun castle sieges. The tanks would form a wall at the top of the stairs or the doorway and the ranged would rain death upon the invaders, while the attackers tried to push/kill the tanks and get entry into the keep. Lots of fun.

Swtor wasn't built upon that premise so the maps and classes aren't designed for it. But solid characters have a time and place in the MMO universe.