what is the counter to this comp?

jagertharn

3 eng snipers with root knockbacks etc. And 1 whatever.

Maybe a merc healer b/c of dcd. Have the healer kite in between a spread out triamgle sniper killzone. Or think of something else. Doesn't have to be a healer I guess.

Edited by RACATW

They aren't going to hurt for starters. The sniper is probably engineering so don't group up. Mez the healer and hit a tank. If they are having to take 2 tanks they almost definitely don't know how to swap guard so you won't get tank guarding tank from it. Just in case be ready to burn that healer. Pretty poor team to be honest and probably really bad players. They are playing for an acid win if they are lucky.

I've seen 3 sorc healer 1 tank teams before, beat them every time. Just wait till acid and know how to play acid tactics. Teams with troll compositions tend to be really bad players so nothing to worry about.

They aren't going to hurt for starters. The sniper is probably engineering so don't group up. Mez the healer and hit a tank. If they are having to take 2 tanks they almost definitely don't know how to swap guard so you won't get tank guarding tank from it. Just in case be ready to burn that healer. Pretty poor team to be honest and probably really bad players. They are playing for an acid win if they are lucky.

I've seen 3 sorc healer 1 tank teams before, beat them every time. Just wait till acid and know how to play acid tactics. Teams with troll compositions tend to be really bad players so nothing to worry about.

If both those guardians are skanks you bet they are going to hurt.

If you run a melee heavy comp this one could be hard af to beat.

If you run a ranged comp however just stay at least 10m apart and you shouldn't have too many issues.

It might take a while to kill them but with good cc you should be able to get there in time.

Pressure, if healer is out of aoe, mez otherwise hardstuns. If you happen to vs them with hardswap I’d likely cc tank and heals as much as possible and kill sniper through guard. As long as you’re not stacking up for crushing blows it shouldn’t be too much to heal through.

Faces 2 comps of the same idea but less good: 1 healer (forgot which) + 3 pt tanks, and 2 scoundrel healers + 2 sin tanks. In both teams tanks had high (153k+ for sins, 145k+ for pts) endurance, with the pts 2 were skank and 1 was real tank, with the sins I think both were half skank. I don't even remember what was my comp in either, because I don't play with a fixed team of the same guys all the time, but we won both, and the enemies were far from bad players.

The main idea is all tanks are best in AOEs, but none can truly be considered bursty if their damage is limited to a single target. So when you are facing a comp of more than 1 tank, which means the comp actually depends on its tanks' damage, this comp is AOE based, and the solution for it to keep yourselves spread. These won't necessarily let you kill the enemies if they have 2 healers, or if your team is melee or aoe based yourselves, and in these cases you will probably get 2 or 3 rounds of acid matches, but they will almost definitely fail to kill you during the round. Do note all tanks have extra hard stuns and also at least 1 good ability to keep move your healer far away for a short period, so the healer gotta make sure the group's hp is fine enough to survive him being pulled/pushed and stunned far away

If I recognize them correctly that's a certain groups A team w/ skanks.

Which apparently (according to discord) queue dodges everyone elses A team at 2am on saturdays.

The fundamental problem with skanks is that they simply can't afford to fight against internal damage and as they are melee based (with mobility nerf that jugg suffered with removal of root immunity from EP on utility spec) , can be rendered harmless for large duration of time.

They are relying on double taunt , but this can be countered through prolific use of soft stuns by snipers if so desired, along with they hefty arsenal of diversions and other fun stuff. Not to mention their dcd's like evasion protect them from the various CB's that may be thrown around. (Snipers really have tank tier dcd's even to this day, alongside mercs, meaning they are the equivalent of a ranged skank)

Maybe there are better comp's than 3 eng snipers but personally from playing a tank, that's probably more aggravating than any other dots class I can think of. The only concern is with PH being fixed you might suffer from a bit of rare burst if they save their CB's for long enough. It shouldn't be too bad considering you can pop evasion from time to time once they approach close enough, then knock them back etc.

Edited by RACATW

If I recognize them correctly that's a certain groups A team w/ skanks.

Which apparently (according to discord) queue dodges everyone elses A team at 2am on saturdays.

The fundamental problem with skanks is that they simply can't afford to fight against internal damage and as they are melee based (with mobility nerf that jugg suffered with removal of root immunity from EP on utility spec) , can be rendered harmless for large duration of time.

They are relying on double taunt , but this can be countered through prolific use of soft stuns by snipers if so desired, along with they hefty arsenal of diversions and other fun stuff. Not to mention their dcd's like evasion protect them from the various CB's that may be thrown around. (Snipers really have tank tier dcd's even to this day, alongside mercs, meaning they are the equivalent of a ranged skank)

Maybe there are better comp's than 3 eng snipers but personally from playing a tank, that's probably more aggravating than any other dots class I can think of. The only concern is with PH being fixed you might suffer from a bit of rare burst if they save their CB's for long enough. It shouldn't be too bad considering you can pop evasion from time to time once they approach close enough, then knock them back etc.

I don't recognise them but I'll agree with the DOT spread tactics. As I've said before else where in the forum DOT is king right now, so any team with only melee dps is going to have an advantage as well. Could you imagine the cries of nerf madness sorc if these forum posters got their way and sorcs got dps and dcd buffs, even minor ones?

I don't recognise them but I'll agree with the DOT spread tactics. As I've said before else where in the forum DOT is king right now, so any team with only melee dps is going to have an advantage as well. Could you imagine the cries of nerf madness sorc if these forum posters got their way and sorcs got dps and dcd buffs, even minor ones?

I think it's the ackleys, it looks like something they'd do. (Two skanks that play together with their healer, keltik and kanaba and tackle if I remember his name right). Idk the sniper I've seen him before but can't remember the name. Maybe it's tequila renamed lol. I've got nothing against them, but for curiosity sake...

Right? I totally agree.

Nerfs of 33-50% to sniper/merc dcd's would make things relatively balanced. No class really 'needs' buffs right now, that would just make a new meta, the dps for classes seems fine.

It is just the collective sniper and merc toolkit (their various dcds, roots, slows, stuns, knockbacks and mobility) that unbalances the game. It costs them nothing to sacrifice one gcd for 6 gcd's of damage before melee gets back in range of their diversion which gives them another 6 seconds of freedom before they even start to consider dcds or another knockback, roll or hard stun. I think that's a great tradeoff as a tank.

Edited by RACATW