When will the Bounty Hunter feel like a bounty hunter?

Fortunefive

I love my bounty hunter. However my merc really feels like just another average hero, as in there is nothing that makes me feel like an actual Bounty hunter, aside from the class story, and possibly the graphical missile here and there.

From playing games such as SWG as a Bounty Hunter, or even Red Dead Redemption, doing the posted bounty's, I felt more like a bounty hunter in those games than this.

Any update on a Bounty hunter terminal/board? I would like to see something similar to SWG where you could just pick up bounty after bounty, while doing some form in "investigation" to the location of your target. I don't want to see it in the form of a daily mission where you can only do it once per day. It gets real boring time and again waiting for the occasional warzone, operation, flash point to pop, let alone the times when no guild mates are online, and would be a fun way to pass the time. I really enjoyed the bounty hunter track and catch system in SWG, using a crafted item to locate targets, it just felt right. For this game its been a long time since I really felt like a Bounty hunter. (since doing the class story i guess) but now at end game i just feel like another hired thug. Not someone who hunts live targets.

It would be real interesting to see a merger of SWG's bounty system and RDR, in the sense you can either eliminate or capture your bounty.

I like how the class plays, you feel like a bounty hunter using missiles and such, but its kinda superficial when you don't actually hunt targets.

Also I hate the graphic for mercenary's Unload, can you please change the graphic where you hold the pistols upright v. crossed over each other? Maybe perhaps to something like the charged attack that companion Temple uses? To me it just looks like I am trying to be not really gangsta....but sorta. its bad its a shared graphic with smugglers, its unpleasant to the eyes (imo) and I don't like it.

So I am not sure if my topic got sort of over shadowed by the announcement of the BH changes coming to 1.4, but I am surprised that no one either cares for a feature like this, or has their own opinion on the matter.

Anyone? I would like to see what other fellow BH'ers think/want out of their hunters!

i support it. a good place to put this is the sugestion box. also i think BH should feel more bounty hunter, not techie with guns. ive always felt BH to be a shooter class, apparently im wrong

I would put it into the suggestion box, but I feel, despite what "they" say, most of the stuff gets over looked.

I hear you, I kinda wish the classes had the versatility with weapons that WoW had, instead of being AC specific, it gets boring at times dealing with the same 1 type of weapon all the time. I get its meant to be a different game, but it also kinda sucks.

As a old SWG Bounty Hunter I would love to see a PvP Bounty board in this game. Would like to see a choice of weapons for BH aswell. Would add a bit more varity in the game.

I agree, more variety! it almost seems like they modeled the bounty hunter after Cad Bane instead of Boba Fett, with his dual pistols, When I got into the weekend beta I was thoroughly surprised that we couldn't use assault rifles aka carbines. I would LOVE to see some 'heavy' weapons added, I miss the lightning cannon! But more importantly give me a bounty board dang nabbit!

.......Also I hate the graphic for mercenary's Unload, can you please change the graphic where you hold the pistols upright v. crossed over each other? Maybe perhaps to something like the charged attack that companion Temple uses? To me it just looks like I am trying to be not really gangsta....but sorta. its bad its a shared graphic with smugglers, its unpleasant to the eyes (imo) and I don't like it.

The ability I was refering to is called "Burst" for Temple, which is a "charge" attack vs. channeled, however I like this graphic much, much better than unload's current graphic.

Let me be the first to vehemently say this is a bad idea. Bounty Hunter worked great in SWG when it was just the BH vs the unlockable Jedi class. Once bounty hunting was expanded to include all the classes well after the NGE occurred it created HUGE balance issues in 1 vs 1 fights involving the bounty hunter.

Developers would be spending extra time tweaking BH for 1 vs 1 fights which broke them for group PvP and thus needing more tweaking, which broke them for 1 vs 1 against another class in the player bounty system etc, etc, etc

In a word this would overall be a bad change. First and foremost because of the balance issues it will create but second..... why do bounty hunters deserve additional content exclusive only to them?

Who said we deserve it? All we've said was it would be a good idea, and isnt the idea of a bounty hunter to do just that? Hunt bounties? And i was thinking more of the pve bh missions anyway, always got my *** handed to me in the PVP side of it lol Edited by Ravnik

Who said we deserve it? All we've said was it would be a good idea, and isnt the idea of a bounty hunter to do just that? Hunt bounties? And i was thinking more of the pve bh missions anyway, always got my *** handed to me in the PVP side of it lol

I'm not saying I don't understand why you want it. I understand completely. It makes sense that bounty hunters be able to hunt targets but from a balancing standpoint it simply is not a good idea.

I'm not saying I don't understand why you want it. I understand completely. It makes sense that bounty hunters be able to hunt targets but from a balancing standpoint it simply is not a good idea.

Personally I don't care about player bounties. It worked in SWG's timeline because originally there was not supposed to be 'that many' jedi running around. So it made sense that they would be hunted. IMO it doesn't fit into this game because there are way to many ways to get out of it (from a targets pov) you could switch instances, get onto your ship, go to your factions controlled worlds, many options to control the field as a member of the hunted,

I personally loved the tools used by bounty hunters in swg to track their targets, and would love to see that added to this game only in the sense to track NPC's. And yes I do feel that we need something that makes our class actually feel like you are a bounty hunter. However player bounties is not the answer I am looking for.

Personally I don't care about player bounties. It worked in SWG's timeline because originally there was not supposed to be 'that many' jedi running around. So it made sense that they would be hunted. IMO it doesn't fit into this game because there are way to many ways to get out of it (from a targets pov) you could switch instances, get onto your ship, go to your factions controlled worlds, many options to control the field as a member of the hunted,

I personally loved the tools used by bounty hunters in swg to track their targets, and would love to see that added to this game only in the sense to track NPC's. And yes I do feel that we need something that makes our class actually feel like you are a bounty hunter. However player bounties is not the answer I am looking for.

Lol, I can't even count how many times bounties I had pre-cu swg would hide. In a house, a guild hall, the middle of a lake, hang in space when jtls came out etc. There were just as many ways back in 04' swg to avoid a bh as there would be in this game. Personally, I enjoyed long stakeouts. It made the big payout more enjoyable.

Oh, and not to mention bounties of the enemy faction running into player bases that were decked out with mines, turrets, and npc. That was always quite interesting.

Yea i suppose, but I definitely don't want the Bh class to be constantly under the microscope due to people whining about getting beat'n left and right. Then every other patch there is a nerf or buff to the class due to it. Plus like I said earlier that originally fit into the story line in swg because during that time period there wasn't supposed to be many jedi, so they were hunted. Never played past NGE so couldn't comment beyond the rumored 'any player' bounty v Jedi player bounty. But IMO that sounds like a terrible idea anyway, and how would you incorporate a jedi player bounty into this game? I cant think of a good way personally, story wise, it just doesn't make much sense. Let alone non-jedi/sith bounties.

i agree totally with all the posters in this threat!!

a pvp bounty board would be no good for me because I am not so into pvp so every other class would kill me off easily. the same balance problem would be with this stupid pvp armor like in wow. i never understood that. its just an armor you wear and has nothing to do with your skill. to bad for a pve player like me, because i could even hurt a guy who is wearing pvp armor and thats just stupid. even if the guy is a total nutjob he would finish me off easily because i do no dmg at all on him/her. so i see no sense in doing pvp and grinding a second top armor to my fully pve gear.

although i think it also unfair, when only the bh gets a feature like that.

my solution would be, that to the stupid daily missions on belsavis, corellia and ilum, where every class does the same boring ******** everyday (like the same stupid boring **** in wow) all classes should get some class specific designed daily missions that really pull out your class. kinda like the space missions just a little bit more testing :)

for example the bounty hunter has do go on the fleet to a bounty board where he can choose between different missions to hunt down people and for example maybe a weekly that is very complicate and testing.

the same with an inquisitor for example who should be, concerning to bw, the knowledge master of the dark council. so the inqui gets his missions on the ship or kaas city and hunts down rare relics through the galaxy and achive more knowledge and power through that. a warri for example hunts enemies of the emperoer and the empire and an agent would have missions like a james bond or something like that.

that would shape your class and would be more fun to play.

i mean the only difference to wow is the fantastic class story line and i played all of them. but when you reach 50 all of that is gone and the game is just grinding and boring like any other. with class daily missions that differ a little bit from week to week you realy would feel your class again and you would be still at lvl 50 a bounty hunter or what ever class you play.

Sorry I didn't come across this post earlier. Personally I haven't gotten my BH to 50 yet, so the story is still doing fine for me. As an avid SWG fan, I couldn't agree more with how great it felt to hunt people as a bounty hunter. I think it makes perfect sense, and I believe, not sure though, that BioWare said sometime they would like to add player bounties. They'd have to add something for each class though, so I'm not sure as to how that would work out. I guess smugglers could have to transport goods and Imp agents could stop them? Or troopers stop BHs? Just random ideas

Sorry I didn't come across this post earlier. Personally I haven't gotten my BH to 50 yet, so the story is still doing fine for me. As an avid SWG fan, I couldn't agree more with how great it felt to hunt people as a bounty hunter. I think it makes perfect sense, and I believe, not sure though, that BioWare said sometime they would like to add player bounties. They'd have to add something for each class though, so I'm not sure as to how that would work out. I guess smugglers could have to transport goods and Imp agents could stop them? Or troopers stop BHs? Just random ideas

Liked the bounty board and hunting concept in SWG myself, but IMHO, it was not fully implemented correctly. I think in SWTOR it would make it very interesting "if" the one hunted can only be targeted in a PVP zone (Warzone, Tat PVP area, etc). It's not cool that some dude that lacked PVP skill to be hunted and killed so easily...the bounty system in SWG did scare people from logging in and play the game.

Liked the bounty board and hunting concept in SWG myself, but IMHO, it was not fully implemented correctly. ...the bounty system in SWG did scare people from logging in and play the game.

I don't know about all that - most people BRAGGED about their bounties just like you hear characters doing in the actual movies. I loved the system even though I stopped playing BH after the CU. It was well thought out and added a neat wrinkle to open world pvp.

I also miss getting hate tells from the opposite faction after roflstomping them - but that's neither here nor there.

I too would love this, pve npc bounty bourds to do just to be a BH at endgame and roleplay the class a little is a much needed idea.

It would need to feel like a hunt so using SWgs probe and seeker droids would be ideal, this system worked well.

As for player bounties, i too enjoyed this on SWG but i dont think we need to complicated balance issues required to pull this off.

lets say on each planet there is a "bounty Board" terminal.

You get 15 to 20 bounties a day on that planet. they vary in difficulty and reward

A level 50 champion mark grants you the biggest bounty, with a level 40+ giving small bounties.

You could choose to do all to get the credits and even go to another planet for more.

I personally dont enjoy flashpoints and raids at endgame, and neither do i like PVP.

I need something to Role Play my BH just a little and enjoy level 50 play for my BH.

If anyone at bioware wants to contact me on this subject I have reams of ideas to suggest for this.

I think any BH player wants this, make our class mean what it says please.

This should have been in from day 1 if you ask me.

Think of the competitions we could have all racing to get the hit complete first.

IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!

I too would love this, pve npc bounty bourds to do just to be a BH at endgame and roleplay the class a little is a much needed idea.

It would need to feel like a hunt so using SWgs probe and seeker droids would be ideal, this system worked well.

As for player bounties, i too enjoyed this on SWG but i dont think we need to complicated balance issues required to pull this off.

lets say on each planet there is a "bounty Board" terminal.

You get 15 to 20 bounties a day on that planet. they vary in difficulty and reward

A level 50 champion mark grants you the biggest bounty, with a level 40+ giving small bounties.

You could choose to do all to get the credits and even go to another planet for more.

I personally dont enjoy flashpoints and raids at endgame, and neither do i like PVP.

I need something to Role Play my BH just a little and enjoy level 50 play for my BH.

If anyone at bioware wants to contact me on this subject I have reams of ideas to suggest for this.

I think any BH player wants this, make our class mean what it says please.

This should have been in from day 1 if you ask me.

Think of the competitions we could have all racing to get the hit complete first.

IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!

This is basically what I am getting at.

SWG and player bounties fit in with that game, even though they were a bit poorly implemented, it fit in with the timeline and lore, not so much with the game layout of TOR.

Basically gimme PVE Bounty missions! PLOX