armor

andyjd

I have two questions regarding armor. I have a bounty hunter lvl 6 and I am a subscriber. Bought the gold scaline armor from the cartel market and I was wondering was it worth buying? Cause already I'm getting better armor from quests and loot, it seems like it was way over priced in the cartel market but it looks cool. Which brings me to my next question, is there a way to equip armor just for appearance? In most online games I play you have your real armor which is for your stats and armor rating but then you have appearance slots to put armor in that just affects your appearance and not your stats. Other players and you could only see what was in your appearance slot. If I could do this with my gold scaline armor that would be great! :D my bounty hunter looks bad *** in it but the armor value sucks :/

It's worth the price if that's how you want your character to look. the reason it looks like its not that good is because it does not come with the armoring-mod-enhancement pieces with it. All adaptave armor (which the gold scaline armor is considered to be) can be use both for appearance and combat also. At level 6, your not going to find much if any as far as mods go for your scaline armor. I wouldn't really look at the armor value of gear but more on the lines of what stats it has in it.

Hell, i know players who are wearing the elegant loungewear in operations

Edited by haliy

There is no appearance tab in this game. However, there is modifiable armor. These are armor shells that have no stats, but have slots in which you put modifications that give them stats.

At low level you cannot find many modifications, so most green or blue armor that you get will be way better. But when you level up you will see that a modifiable armor with good mods is much better than most non-moddable gear. So, keep your gold scalene armor around, you'll be able to use it without losing out on stats very soon!

To add to what others have said, some armour has very limited basic stats. Instead it has slots into which you can put mods. If you have a piece of armour with slots, and you like the appearance a lot, then you can keep using it all game by removing the lower level mods and replacing them with newer ones. One of the Crafting options is for Cybertech, which enables you to make mods yourself. Mods can also be bought at some vendors with credits or planetary commendations.

Also, equipment grades are worth mentioning. Green is basic equipment, armour, weapons, mods, etc. Blue is more advanced, Purple is the highest quality. If the items are the same level, then you're usually better going with the highest quality gear that suits your class. Modable equipment is instead Orange, being outside the normal pattern.

It can be modded as often as you wish. When you get a new mod to put in, you can just open up the armor's mod screen and plug the new mod in. Or if you wish to save the old mod for any reason, you can pull it out first and then put the new one in. Removing an old mod will cost credits though so keep that in mind. Overwriting a mod is free but destroys the old mod. But otherwise, you can mod to your heart's content. Edited by FizzwickNuffaa