Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About the smuggler outfit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
About the smuggler outfit

doctor_atomic
01.15.2012 , 03:02 PM | #11
I just want to know when my smuggler will get her cowboy hat.
"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

Knarloc
01.15.2012 , 04:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by doctor_atomic View Post
I just want to know when my smuggler will get her cowboy hat.
Around level 46 is when you can get the moddable ones, but there are some non-moddable from pvp a bit earlier I believe.

CharagonIGN
01.15.2012 , 04:43 PM | #13
Smuggler gear is pretty hideous in general. Some of it is just astoundingly bad.

I've been wearing the same chest piece for the last 20 levels.

Talon_Starfire
01.15.2012 , 05:54 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Comieb View Post
I agree i tried to go for a mor techy look on armors.

I went on to the Imp GTN and bought a load of decent looking armor. sadly when i rebought it off of the Hutt trade network they were just the same old stuff id been wearing as before.

It was an expensive mistake.

While were on aesthetics id love to be able to use other weapons. As were supposed to be space cowboys and all and im sure cowboys also used rifles and shotguns not only pistols.

i feel also that troopers should be able to use all weapons with out penalty, im sure the republic has snipers and the like. Hells reverse grip light sabers Jedi Knights with double bladed, shadows with single blade and so on...

Well lets hope the future brings more customisation... or hells legacy system.
I'd like customisation as well.
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

skaidar
01.16.2012 , 02:50 AM | #15
I am happy you share my concern.
Even if there was a way to keep my orange moddable armor on 50lvl with artifact mods and armorings, it will be stupid, I mean it wouldn't look like I am 50lvl...

And again, if you share my thoughts - comment here so we can be heard

toliman
01.16.2012 , 03:35 AM | #16
i'm a little concerned about the gear design so far for smugglers ...

i.e. i was wearing this in the early 20's ... http://i.imgur.com/8GNdk.jpg , the green tone and the neck/shoulder flair looks OK, i picked it up from the GTN so i don't really know if it will end up as an endgame armor option.

as for helms, the welder's visor was interesting. but compared to the 2 new options, the white jacket and the red "helm" ... a red cap + black cloth mask. http://i.imgur.com/ONP3B.jpg,

it's certainly ... "colour blind man who's about to rob you"

i'm not impressed at all that they went from odd looking winter caps to masks, i imagine it gets much worse at later levels too.

the one thing i like though, which was an accident, there's something actually interesting about corso in a robe, where you can't see his face ... http://i.imgur.com/HMAz1.jpg. jedi gear looks interesting with guns...
Toliman - Aspiring Jedi Knight / Smuggler of Robes on Head / 70+ ideas to improve the GTN
Quote:
Being kept alive for a thousand years in the dark, while slowly being digested is less time consuming, cheaper, more enjoyable and less painful than dealing with EA, yes, I'd rather be ingested by a sarlacc pit than use EA Store / Origins.

Edeas
01.16.2012 , 05:42 AM | #17
I don't wanna be a cowboy either - this is starwars, not bravestarr, after all... Not lvl 50yet, but so far I've managed to avoid the dusters and bad hats; sticking to jackets, pants with corellian bloodstripes and hiding the head slot in general. works, but I's really like some gear that fits the setting better.

how about something like what atton rand wore?

grania
01.16.2012 , 06:02 AM | #18
Quote:
I went on to the Imp GTN and bought a load of decent looking armor. sadly when i rebought it off of the Hutt trade network they were just the same old stuff id been wearing as before.

It was an expensive mistake.
Arg! That's very good to know, thank you for posting.

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

Ladysid
01.16.2012 , 09:55 AM | #19
My smuggler has a cape, and yes is wearing a coat, but it's black and red and looks shiny and it works awesome with my mohawk and cybernetic implants.

I haven't found anything I like since it, I'd link it but dang if I remeber what it's called.

I just keep upgrading it's mods.

Zaithen
01.16.2012 , 12:05 PM | #20
I happen to like the smuggler stuff...just a matter of taste I guess and I'm still a lowbie at 25. I don't like any of the trooper outfits and just won't play 'em....