Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About the smuggler outfit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
About the smuggler outfit

skaidar
01.15.2012 , 07:26 AM | #1
Hmmm how should I start this?
I don't like 95% of the smugglers gear - why all the chest armors are COATS? Seems like you are totally obsessed with the cowboy-ish outfitting, but please, I don't want to play another game where I am forced to wear something ugly just to get the max stats...
Right now I am 41lvl and since 15-16lvl I wear ONLY this chest armor ===> http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=jF7vpKGMzR
because I like it a lot!

So please Bioware, give us some choise in the end-game outfitting and give us something different than coats...
Also why all the cowboy-ish hats cover your whole face? Why not simply a cowboy style hat?

If you agree with me, please comment

Jecarro
01.15.2012 , 07:39 AM | #2
I'm lvl 38 and still wearing the same chest piece as you. Havn't found anything else I like yet.

Rankaze
01.15.2012 , 07:44 AM | #3
Interestingly, I'm wearing exactly this same armor on my Gunslinger, have been wearing it for 24 levels. I like it, but it'd be nice to have some other good options.

I don't mind coats, but the hideous giant collars on the endgame gear drive me nuts. They look stupid, and on top of that they clip with my lekku. I would love to have a coat like the ones Imperial Agents get. I guess I'll have to pick up the one from Cademimu.

What I'd *really* like is an orange version a certain low-level green armor which is basically a blue open jacket (not the sleeveless Han Solo vest).

Daross
01.15.2012 , 08:12 AM | #4
Im level 50 and avoiding coats from end part of the game as much as I can...
Atm wearing one I found in one of the flashpoints .. think it was Maelstorm Prison (well .. its called [Scoundrel Medic's Maelstrom Jacket] ).

http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=ell3qHeHr6

There is always solution, to buy on GTM sentiel's armor, and replace mods with Cunning ones.
I do it a lot on Trooper, Jedi Knight or IA alt.

skaidar
01.15.2012 , 08:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Daross View Post
Atm wearing one I found in one of the flashpoints .. think it was Maelstorm Prison (well .. its called [Scoundrel Medic's Maelstrom Jacket] ).

There is always solution, to buy on GTM sentiel's armor, and replace mods with Cunning ones.
This IS a coat dude.....

SilentKitty
01.15.2012 , 02:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Daross View Post

I found one orange item looking very much like on the GTN =) very happy with that one.

KingEoj
01.15.2012 , 02:34 PM | #7
our 50 pvp/pve gear is just dreadful
367 Republic

Dyalad
01.15.2012 , 02:35 PM | #8
The pimp coats are awesome. The fur lining just does it for me.
I used to be a Jedi like you, then I took a blaster shot in the knee.

Melonfarmer
01.15.2012 , 02:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by skaidar View Post
Hmmm how should I start this?
I don't like 95% of the smugglers gear - why all the chest armors are COATS? Seems like you are totally obsessed with the cowboy-ish outfitting, but please, I don't want to play another game where I am forced to wear something ugly just to get the max stats...
Right now I am 41lvl and since 15-16lvl I wear ONLY this chest armor ===> http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=jF7vpKGMzR
because I like it a lot!

So please Bioware, give us some choise in the end-game outfitting and give us something different than coats...
Also why all the cowboy-ish hats cover your whole face? Why not simply a cowboy style hat?

If you agree with me, please comment
I'm using the same jacket as well. I also believe you and I are using the same blaster.
Quote: Originally Posted by Starch View Post
Communism is not a term that exists in star wars.

Comieb
01.15.2012 , 03:00 PM | #10
I agree i tried to go for a mor techy look on armors.

I went on to the Imp GTN and bought a load of decent looking armor. sadly when i rebought it off of the Hutt trade network they were just the same old stuff id been wearing as before.

It was an expensive mistake.

While were on aesthetics id love to be able to use other weapons. As were supposed to be space cowboys and all and im sure cowboys also used rifles and shotguns not only pistols.

i feel also that troopers should be able to use all weapons with out penalty, im sure the republic has snipers and the like. Hells reverse grip light sabers Jedi Knights with double bladed, shadows with single blade and so on...

Well lets hope the future brings more customisation... or hells legacy system.
Demons run, when a good man goes to war.