Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I must be the only one who likes Pebble Throw

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
I must be the only one who likes Pebble Throw

AstralFire
12.14.2011 , 11:13 AM | #11
Telekinetic Throw is cool looking and extremely powerful.
JEDI SHADOW

The Rebellion is reborn today. The war is just beginning. And I will not be the last Jedi.

Kaffis
12.14.2011 , 12:01 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
Telekinetic Throw is cool looking and extremely powerful.
This. I think too much attention is paid to the animation of the rocks, and not enough to the awesome pose you strike while channelling it.

Also, I prefer to think of it as "Force Sandblast" rather than Force Pebbles. It sounds more appropriately painful, and can get you in the right frame of mind.

drunkengoat
12.14.2011 , 12:04 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by kevshootit View Post
I wouldn't say I "hate" the animation. More than anything, i dont its a very "cool" ability. its a short range, single target DOT that roots you and doesnt do anything particularly useful.

now make it an AOE stun or slow that affects groups and reduces armor or something really unique and useful as a "tool/utility attack" vs a staple of your consular attack rotation.

then i think people mind not mind the animation blandness so much

just my two cents
It's a nice snare and returns force if you spec Balance, which makes it a half-decent ability, but I agree I didn't find enough use for it for my tastes...it is at least more useful than the JK ability Blade Storm, which roots you AND has no range

Pwnocology
12.14.2011 , 12:26 PM | #14
Skittles of Doom!!

Liaskar
12.14.2011 , 12:28 PM | #15
I love me some telekinetic throw. It's a pretty bomb ability too (especially for balance sages).

Sage
Scoundrel

Quraswren
12.14.2011 , 12:44 PM | #16
I was kinda indifferent on it at first but now that I've used it a good bit.

I'm OK with it. It's really not all that bad.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Lemonbar
12.14.2011 , 02:14 PM | #17
I think it is a cool ability, all be it not as cool as force lighting. As for the haters of pebble throw... this ability can do plenty of damage while still keeping your opponent at bay. Its WIN.

Kadessa
12.14.2011 , 02:42 PM | #18
It's a great ability, and I get that it's supposed to be the ability Satele uses on Darth Malak to pin him to the cliff face in the Hope trailer, but it lacks the same power. The in-game effects don't do the trailer version justice.

That said, it gets the job done, and I'm fine with that.

TheCynic
12.14.2011 , 03:07 PM | #19
I like TK throw and I like Project, even the placeholder things I liked!

Nothing beats the first time I played in beta, ran up to a flesh raider and hurled a GIANT box at him and watched him spin around and fall down
The Crew Skills button must also be a UI bug like the HIGH setting for textures.

Vudee
12.14.2011 , 04:52 PM | #20
Hmm, instead of pebbles perhaps say...eeeh Rick Moranis after he gets shrunk?
Vudee Eepeanes
Colonel Imperial Ground Forces (ret.)
SWG Elder
Interpid Server 2003-2007 Respect....