Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thoughts on Force Speed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Thoughts on Force Speed?

Nosaj
01.25.2012 , 03:20 PM | #11
I guess I should have clarified and my apologies but I'm really referring to force speed in pvp combat only as a sorcerer. IMHO it works fairly well in PVE. However, while in pvp, as a sorc our cooldowns for cc's being 1 min it is sometimes tough to get away from others who can leap to you even after a force slow. We don't have many abilities to cut down the speed cool down. So once they leap at you after the slow and you then use your speed to try and escape you are still in range of their attacks. Seems like an extra .5 or 1 second would be helpful in making a true escape in a one on one situation.

Just seems like with the other classes abilities our speed is mitigated down to limited/minor effectiveness. Keep in mind we are not a class as sorcs that deal large amounts of quick damage (like the 5,000+ one hit ops spec) many of our abilities are dot's or attacks that take time to generate damage.

Just a suggestion really but I can see other points against it however, in pvp I just haven't had tons of success with it. Maybe lower the cool down time then just a hair, something just seems sort of halfway effective here.

Auxili
01.25.2012 , 03:22 PM | #12
compared to the nothing operatives get, force speed is freaking godly
Important Discussions: Republic Ghosttown | Future of the Republic | Use Our Community Feedback
We will remember. 1.1

Pain-
01.25.2012 , 03:53 PM | #13
I seriously can't believe I am hearing complaints about force speed. It is one of the best abilities in the game and one of the biggest things I miss on any other character thats NOT a sorcerer
Satele Shan - Chaotic Methods Guild
[E]Valvis | [E]Decus | [E]Kalyndriah | [R]Malcarion |
[R]Mißng | [R]Black˘ut| [R]Cothbert | [E]Iselia | [E]Punishere | [E]Early |
[E]Kalyndria | [E]EÓrly |

Pain-
01.25.2012 , 03:56 PM | #14
You can

1. Chase down targets in PvP
2. Run from targets in PvP
3. Get from point A to B basically 2-3 seconds faster in PvP (more if it takes more than 20 seconds to get there)
4. Serves as a reverse slow in PvP.. another tool to widen the gap

Outside of my damage abilities this is easily my most used skill right next to force shield.
Satele Shan - Chaotic Methods Guild
[E]Valvis | [E]Decus | [E]Kalyndriah | [R]Malcarion |
[R]Mißng | [R]Black˘ut| [R]Cothbert | [E]Iselia | [E]Punishere | [E]Early |
[E]Kalyndria | [E]EÓrly |