Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can I get a Dev up in here!? Looking for guidance on the future of healing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Can I get a Dev up in here!? Looking for guidance on the future of healing

bobudo
01.24.2012 , 04:44 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Plorb View Post
Anyone else feel like our healing could use more flash-heal-sort-of-things? Just one with a low cast time that eats energy if you're spamming it? My tank mostly dies on me because my HoT's aren't doing enough and K Injection has such a long cast time.

Perhaps this is because I don't my class well enough tho?
It's not just about not knowing your class, but knowing your tank's class as well.

Adding a spammable isn't the answer - Kolto Infusion is a nice gap filler if that extra .5 second is the issue, and surgical probe spam under 30% HP is already nearly over-powered.

Instead, learn your tank's defensive cooldowns, and instruct him on when to use them. A lot of tanks will auto-pop their shield the first time they drop below 50% - and this is a mistake! - when they should save it for 20%, or better, for when you tell them to use it.

When I say that Operative/Smuggler healing needs help, I don't mean i want it made easy! I just mean that I want my hard work to mean something. Our hard work ought to have at least the same output as Sorcerers - and in all honesty, given the issues with our extremely limited resources, a good Operative healer ought to be able to outperform a Sorcerer.

But the real problem is that it doesn't seem like anyone is listening.
Bioware hates healing such that they won't take any healing problems seriously. Support your local healers. Boycott the Patch 1.2 Healing Nerfs. Make it clear to the Devs that their idea of "balance" is unacceptable. Unsubscribe Today

Walldorf
01.24.2012 , 07:47 PM | #12
Today was raid day. My sorc mate (sorc + sorc = ololol in your terms) wasn't there and it was:

TESTING TIME!

So the new lvl 50 OP with some pieces of orange and some tionese stuff was told to heal alone as far as he could. Trash = no prob for him. On bosses i simply need to heal here and there and (yes) bring a grp heal up 3-4 times. Basicly there was no difference between sorc+sorc heal and sorc + OP heal.

Next id The op (now with ione columni item [Yeha]) will heal the Operation with a merc (fresh 50 pure orange).

What do i wan't to say, simple thing: It's not all about sorcs and sorcs are not your enemy . Mercs and OP's just need some tweaks in theyre ressource managment, OP's need a little mor burst heal, BH a little more hot's. After all it's the energy regen that brake the casuals neck.

Saella
01.24.2012 , 09:12 PM | #13
i talk with someone on the live chat agent yesterday, i was SO SURPRISED... **** THERE IS SOMEONE BEHIND THAT STUPID ROBOT..
As a i.a.

I told him about, issue with the medical therapy skill, (which isn't working at all)

And also about how bad our tree is made... Recuperative nanotech, kolto infusion = useless,
Our energy system who isn't so good, you toss 3 heal in a row and you're **** up for 20 sec...

So after 4 min of discussion he told me, clearly, IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR CLASS YOU SHOULD ROLL A INQUISITOR...

w.t.f is that kind of answer... Dude all the devs said at start all healing class will be equal... this is so untrue...
I enjoy the ops, i put effort and time in it and at the end we ended up with a half-working healing spec...

GJ !!! BIOWARE dEVELOPPERS..

Kveldur
01.25.2012 , 05:45 AM | #14
yeah mercs and ops need a little bit of tweeking, mainly in the aoe department. I couldnt care less about getting a combat rezz though, only want a better aoe and a little adjustment to the heat build up and Im fine.

DrekorSilverfang
01.25.2012 , 03:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Liralen View Post
From which I learned the "best" healing class was one that could heal stupid. It turned me off from being a healer for a long time.
That is actually a rather brilliant way to put it and I agree.