Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Its time for a new class!!!

Delani
06.15.2019 , 11:01 AM | #1
We need to spice things up a bit. This is a Star Wars universe, where are the droids and wookies? Imagine a two new classes being introduced into the game, a wookie and a droid class. Wookie is Republic and Droid is Empire. They mirror each other and neither can be modfied via costume. They both do not speak, only commnunicate via subtitles and there is not class story. You unlock them at level 60. They can either be tank, heal or dps and be ranged or melee depending on which type of droid/wookie you select. You can steal all the ideas from Battlefront 2 in regards to moves, movement and abilites. Lets make this game thrive like it should!!!!!!!!!!

Delani
06.15.2019 , 11:03 AM | #2
We need to spice things up a bit. This is a Star Wars universe, where are the droids and wookies? Imagine a two new classes being introduced into the game, a wookie and a droid class. Wookie is Republic and Droid is Empire. They mirror each other and neither can be modfied via costume. They both do not speak, only commnunicate via subtitles and there is not class story. You unlock them at level 60. They can either be tank, heal or dps and be ranged or melee depending on which type of droid/wookie you select. You can steal all the ideas from Battlefront 2 in regards to moves, movement and abilites. Lets make this game thrive like it should!!!!!!!!!!

SteveTheCynic
06.15.2019 , 11:19 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
We need to spice things up a bit.
Debatable, but there are many ways to do so. I favour a but of nutmeg, some ginger, and a very small amount of Cayenne pepper.
This is a Star Wars universe, where are the droids and wookies?
I look around in-game, and I see Wookiees and droids fairly often.
Imagine a two new classes being introduced into the game, a wookie and a droid class.
Wookiee (with two Es...) would not be a *class*. That would be like making "Human" a class.

Come to think of it, "Droid" would not be a class either, for much the same reason, except in spades. (Floaty probe droid? Ring-necked protocol droid? Three-legged major battledroid? Astromech?)
Wookie is Republic and Droid is Empire. They mirror each other and neither can be modfied via costume. They both do not speak, only commnunicate via subtitles and there is not class story. You unlock them at level 60. They can either be tank, heal or dps and be ranged or melee depending on which type of droid/wookie you select. You can steal all the ideas from Battlefront 2 in regards to moves, movement and abilites.
O-o-o-o-o-o-kay, but I don't see anything substantive about the classes here. What would they do? What kind of abilities? Explain in words for those among us who aren't interested in BF2 and therefore don't know what you're basing the idea on.
Lets make this game thrive like it should!!!!!!!!!!
For sure, but I don't think new classes are the way to do that, especially not story-free classes in a story-driven MMORPG.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

robertthebard
06.15.2019 , 11:53 AM | #4
I'm trying to figure out how the entire Knight's saga would play out:

I've melded into your mother board, and there's nothing you can do about it...

Nope, not going to buy that. I was hoping for something interesting, but it's just straws to grasp at? Where's the Imperial Trooper, or the SIS Agent? Those have potential, depending on how they're handled, but really they'd just be more of the same, basically. I can understand why they were left out, but they could have been fun, if they'd been developed from the start. Move Smuggler over to mirror BH instead of IA. W/out stories though, there's really no point.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

Drenovade
06.15.2019 , 01:16 PM | #5
This isn't my idea, someone posted it a while back on the forums, but I really like it: an Echani fighter class. Echani would be a species option of course(think the Last Handmaiden from KOTOR 2), while the fighter class would be centered around Echani martial arts and would essentially be SWTOR's version of a "monk" class.

See also:
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Echani/Legends
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ech...l_art)/Legends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/QKzQQL
New players get rewards, Returning players get rewards.
See full details here: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

battycoda
06.15.2019 , 03:03 PM | #6
Those would be races, not classes.

I did laugh a bit though when thinking of what special abilities a wookie class would have and all I could think of was yell loud, dislocate your arm, and intimidate by yelling even louder.

My signature was current on Makeb... Airlocked!

Delani
06.15.2019 , 05:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
I'm trying to figure out how the entire Knight's saga would play out:

I've melded into your mother board, and there's nothing you can do about it...

Nope, not going to buy that. I was hoping for something interesting, but it's just straws to grasp at? Where's the Imperial Trooper, or the SIS Agent? Those have potential, depending on how they're handled, but really they'd just be more of the same, basically. I can understand why they were left out, but they could have been fun, if they'd been developed from the start. Move Smuggler over to mirror BH instead of IA. W/out stories though, there's really no point.
An imperial trooper class would be dope

Delani
06.15.2019 , 05:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by battycoda View Post
Those would be races, not classes.

I did laugh a bit though when thinking of what special abilities a wookie class would have and all I could think of was yell loud, dislocate your arm, and intimidate by yelling even louder.
You could base a class on a species tho, just steal moves and ideas from the movie and Battlefront series,, same for droid. I mentioned those two because the blueprint is already laid out.

Delani
06.15.2019 , 05:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
For sure, but I don't think new classes are the way to do that, especially not story-free classes in a story-driven MMORPG.
If the only way they can add a new class is by doing a 1-50 level story campaign then we would never see a new class in the game, ever. lol

At the end of this day, this game lacks variety within the universe, not story

Delani
06.15.2019 , 05:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
W/out stories though, there's really no point.
I hate to say it but focusing solely on story is why this game's sub count has dropped from 1 million to around 100k and why there are only 5 servers left (2 out of the 5) are practically dead. People need a reason to sub every month and people who only play for story, only need one month's sub in order to complete the content. They arent the gears that keep SWTOR running and the servers "on-line". Especially since most of them quit after the story is complete, they are not the ones investing in the cartel market nor do they keep resubbing. I agree that story is imperative but adding new classes and species would make people stay. Investing in making SWTOR a universe may be a better idea than making a 10 hour story. Just my opinion.