[Guide] The Jedi Sage's Handbook

AstralFire

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the guide covers all roles and both PvE and PvP so I think all info is welcome.

I happen to play a seer healer spec (PvP and PvE) but am interested in the others.

Seer is not my strong point is why I ask. I know the mechanics behind it, but I wouldn't feel comfortable advising anyone on it either. I can ask my guild's seer what he's running atm, he was doing very well last night in both pve and pvp.

• 3 weeks later...
Is HK-51 in the game right now? You have him listed.

Ignore the above poster who has no idea what he's talking about.

HK-51 is not yet implemented, but the rumor is that it will be included with patch 1.3.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AstralFire:cool: do you know what the best thing about star wars toR is it isn’t the good class system or the grate game play it isn’t even the awesome story it's you and other players like you who go out of their way to help other players out of pure charity, so thank you very much for this guide.

While think I have understood you’re guide “more or less” I’m stile uncertain as to which combination of Crew Skills is best for me. I am a level 14 Sage Telekinetic on a PvE server but I have only recently progressed to Coruscant (I over did it on Tithon hehe). What I want to do with Crew Skills is to have the best equipment for my character, so should I go with the Money-Making combos you suggested? Or the Self-Levelling? Or PvE Endgame?

Also I’m a little uncertain what you mean by "Self-Levelling" and what do the numbers above your class descriptions mean? Example Standard (32/7/2), Offensive Levelling (30/9/2) Standard (3/31/7).

Ps Thank you in advance for your help.:D:D:rak_03:

Hi AstralFire:cool: do you know what the best thing about star wars toR is it isn’t the good class system or the grate game play it isn’t even the awesome story it's you and other players like you who go out of their way to help other players out of pure charity, so thank you very much for this guide.

While think I have understood you’re guide “more or less” I’m stile uncertain as to which combination of Crew Skills is best for me. I am a level 14 Sage Telekinetic on a PvE server but I have only recently progressed to Coruscant (I over did it on Tithon hehe). What I want to do with Crew Skills is to have the best equipment for my character, so should I go with the Money-Making combos you suggested? Or the Self-Levelling? Or PvE Endgame?

Also I’m a little uncertain what you mean by "Self-Levelling" and what do the numbers above your class descriptions mean? Example Standard (32/7/2), Offensive Levelling (30/9/2) Standard (3/31/7).

Ps Thank you in advance for your help.:D:D:rak_03:

It is difficult to say which Crew Skills will prove most beneficial because this can vary somewhat according to server economy.

In my case I found it best to have money generating crew skills (Underworld Trading/Archeology/Slicing). I got most of my gear just as I went about leveling and buying orange items/item mods with commedations. I never found myself underequipped doing this. If you want to PVP I suggest getting the appropriate gear for that, which is most easily obtained through WZ commendations.

I did not send comps on any mishes until I got C2N2. Once I got Theran (Coruscant?), I used him as my comp and sent Quyzen on mishes. In my experience the most lucrative mishes are the Underworld Trading ones which will yield blue/purple crafting mats pretty frequently starting around skill level 150 iirc, until then the comp gift rewards are nice to save you some creds. I advanced Slicing in open world as I went along. It will never yield tons of creds but the occasional 1k or so that you get from the cases are not to be scoffed at. I sent Theran on the occasional slicing mission later on in game when I had to team with other comps due to gamemechanics but don't really think it is cost effective (later mishes will cost you 1-2k each easily and the cred-boxes usually yield between 750 and 1.5k creds iirc).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Those coming from World of Warcraft will not find a direct analogue to the Sage. The Seer possesses a strong resemblance to a Discipline Priest, but with more control and less emphasis on damage prevention. The Telekinetic has some similarities to the playstyle of an Elemental Shaman, but without the central totem mechanic, the feel will necessarily be very different. A Balance Sage constantly regenerates health and constantly pressures the opponent's health down like an Affliction Warlock, but has longer cooldowns, different AoE behavior, and uses channeled abilities with regularity.

This needs an update. Coming from WoW, I find that it is comparable most with the Mists of Pandaria's Monk Class, more specifically, the Mistweaver spec. Mistweavers can dole out punishment to their enemies as well as be effective healers. The types of abilities are very similar to the Consular Seer/Sage.

• 2 years later...