Reverse Engineering chance

dannofdawn

If I had spent time to craft? You know absolutely nothing about me. Let me reassure you that I have crafted more in this game than easily 95% of people, probably more. That includes more RE than 95% of people. I RE'd to more purple schems while RE was "broken" than you probably will ever now that RE is "fixed". And I've also had a few schems that took forever to pop. Do you see me whining about it?

Plenty of people on this forum have cried and asked for an easy way out. And no, sorry, I don't need to show support for the type of people that want crafting to be easy-peasy. There's no point to it if that's what you want.

You're right, I know nothing about you, it was more of an observation.

More than 95% of people...really? I never said you didn't spend time crafting, I merely suggested if you had you would have noticed it wasn't "easy-peasy". I guess I was wrong, you're the Master Crafter of TOR, congrats.

I haven't been able to r/e in the new patch yet...been busy. I will say that these people crying about r/e something over 100 times are full of it. I have 7 characters, 6 of which have all the crafting maxed and I spend a lot of time r/e items. The most I have ever r/e something pre 1.2 is about 25 times before a blue. Most of the time I would learn all 3 blue versions in about 15-20 r/e's. Quit lying and crying about r/e please. It's really getting annoying.

Blues? Sure. REing some lvl 49 blues into purples? That used to take a LOT of tries.

And incidentally, now that I've had a chance to RE some stuff:

I'd guesstimate that RE success rate I was seeing on my lvl 49 blue to purple heavy armor was better than 10%. (I'd guesstimate closer to 20%, though admittedly only attempted maybe 70 RE's?)

On my lvl 49 blue to purple implants with my biochem? Probably 60 or so RE's, and only a couple of successes. (admittedly, of the successes lucked the heck out, and both RE's were exactly what I was looking for... 'course, for one of them I already had all the other possible schems, but it could have been an RE for onz of the other implants that I didn't know all the others for)

One thing I noticed that sorta ticks me off. Reing linear augments. Only 1 possible outcome, 20% chance of success. Reing implants & armor with a tiered outcome where only one of the many possible results is really desireable? 10% chance of success. Shouldn't it be the other way 'round? The one with all the sucker prices should have the higher chance of success?

edit: Yeah yeah, I know my sample rate is way too low to tell whether or not the stated odds are accurate.

Edited by GnatB

You're right, I know nothing about you, it was more of an observation.

More than 95% of people...really? I never said you didn't spend time crafting, I merely suggested if you had you would have noticed it wasn't "easy-peasy". I guess I was wrong, you're the Master Crafter of TOR, congrats.

You're the one judging me for what you perceive to be my lack of crafting time sweetheart, I'm not the one that brought it up. If you lost on your "mine is bigger than yours" competition that's your own fault for choosing to make it a contest in the first place.

And, since I have spent plenty of time crafting and do know that it most certainly IS now "easy-peasy" with the RE changes, what now?

You're the one judging me for what you perceive to be my lack of crafting time sweetheart, I'm not the one that brought it up. If you lost on your "mine is bigger than yours" competition that's your own fault for choosing to make it a contest in the first place.

And, since I have spent plenty of time crafting and do know that it most certainly IS now "easy-peasy" with the RE changes, what now?

Quote me making it into a contest or judging you. I stated "if you have spent time crafting", which means I believe you have spent time crafting and if you did, it would be likely at some point you would have had some of the same experiences as others, good or bad. As far as being a contest, I am with some of the others here as far as the chances of RE a schematic. I don't see anything I posted as far as being a little irked that you were calling people whiners, that would cause you to say I was judging your crafting skills. There was no hostile or competitive intent. Let's not make this into a flame war and just leave it at that.

Well... assuming my math is correct, odds of getting a blue within 148 greens is...99.999999999999545725797315245693 % chance.... or rediculously small chance of NOT getting a blue within 148 greens.

Seems brokenish to me if accurate.... and you can repeat it.

Here's the thing, though. If you've got thousands of players crafting, then you WILL have someone who will have a very long bad streak. That person then comes here and posts about it, which gives the perception that it's happening a lot.

This is all my own opinion, so please treat it as such. I just believe it would work better if the more you craft\RE an item, the more experience you get for that item in general. I would much rather craft 10 or 20 items for a guaranteed schematic when RE than craft 30 and receive none. Considering some of the items that are crafted produce three schematics, I don't think it's too much to ask for.

Will I quit playing because of crafting? Hell no, but it would be cool if I could relax and enjoy my crafting instead of feeling like it's a chore.

Edited by Sakras