Why play as a marauder ?

Edu-rocha

Hi, Everyone !

I'm hoping someone can show me an advantage of being a marauder in pvp in this game. Juggernauts/guardians, can both do same damage with the rage spec....perhaps even more. I just took 5116 damage from a smash. Yes, i am undergeared and i just hit the level 50.

The point is, I see juggs getting 9+ medals because they can hit the same as I do, they are more useful cause they have guard and force push AND they can sustain much more damage since they use Heavy armor.

ATM, i see no point of playing as a marauder and I fully regret the fact i had to make a decision when i was playing for like 2 hours. Now i've been playing for more than a month and i wish i could change my advanced class without having to level all over again.

Why make 2 different classes if both can share the same build ?? Seriously, RAGE is THE BUILD for PVP. And if a jugg can have it too, it's obvious wich class has the advantage.

Edited by Edu-rocha

Annihilation is superior to Rage for Marauders. Marauders are 1v1 superior to Juggernauts, and right now the strongest 1v1 class in the game.

The Rage Juggernaut thing requires significant setup and is a one trick pony that is easy to spot and avoid by experienced players.

And if all that failed to convince you: 2 sabers, dude.

Thanks for the tips guys. Hadoken: I laughed hard at the " 2 sabers , dude." part. Well, the point is this is not a 1v1 kind of game, it's a groupe game... i can do a lot more damage rage specced , because of AOE smashing ppl.

I think im not being imparcial here, since it's hard to deny something ure alredy so used to. But i'll try respecing and seeing how that works out.

Read the sticky marauder guide in the specific marauder forum, if you go anni spec and get gear you will soon realize just how much of a war machine it is and I believe its a blast to play way more fun than my sorc, its been overstated that in the right hands the mara is a downright killer in the wrong hands its like going to strip club at 1 o clock on a Tuesday when they have the d team working, you need to make sure you fully understand the class, when to use your defensive cooldowns, making sure you everything keybound and make sure you understand the rotation and proper rage management, its a complex class and if you're not a great player I would go sage, because as a sage I can roll my nutsack on the keyboard and get 9 medals easy

Hi, Everyone !

I'm hoping someone can show me an advantage of being a marauder in pvp in this game. Juggernauts/guardians, can both do same damage with the rage spec....perhaps even more. I just took 5116 damage from a smash. Yes, i am undergeared and i just hit the level 50.

The point is, I see juggs getting 9+ medals because they can hit the same as I do, they are more useful cause they have guard and force push AND they can sustain much more damage since they use Heavy armor.

ATM, i see no point of playing as a marauder and I fully regret the fact i had to make a decision when i was playing for like 2 hours. Now i've been playing for more than a month and i wish i could change my advanced class without having to level all over again.

Why make 2 different classes if both can share the same build ?? Seriously, RAGE is THE BUILD for PVP. And if a jugg can have it too, it's obvious wich class has the advantage.

Bolded text is not necessarily true. Especially when a mad bomber rage spec warrior is good from ONE big hit and then hits like a pool noodle for a while, not to mention it's not tough at all to avoid. Good for blowing up an e-peen for damage charts, not so much for winning warzones.

A marauder is great if someone is skilled with using the cooldowns and abilities correctly. It's not an easy horse to ride out of the gate.

Also, you admitted to being undergeared and having just hit 50. I would ask if you were a packrat with the commendations from warzones while leveling up, or are you just starting pvp? If you're starting pvp, yeah. You're going to get violated and molested until you start getting centurion/champion gear to start doing better, unless you've gotten a lot of high end mods for your modular gear(provided you've bulked up on modular gear for 5+ slots).

Another thought: Personally, I consider working towards a victory in warzones to be more beneficial than stat-padding. I see too much of stat-padding/medal farming from my faction on my server, and our faction suffers in pvp because of it.

As for gearing up, I say be patient and take your medicine for the time being. Good will come to you even if you have to claw your way up.