Tactician operative stealth nerf yet no compensation

omaan

This unfairness for class balance is outrageous when assassin and sorcerer main set bonuses are nerfed yet they get some compensation with other damage passive abilities buff,however you also make stealth nerf to operative tactician set bonus without mentioning it on forum AND not buffing anything instead like you did with sorcs and sins.

How about fairness and equity??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear about this stealth nerf.

Agent and Bounty Hunter will get additional changes, so the changelog for them comes later.

But don´t expect a big compensation, operatives are overperforming.

And secondly, operative healers are not overperforming. I know operative DPS are fairly strong but operative healers have been sitting in that weird middle ground place that might be lost if they overbuff sorc healers. Our lack of burst without VE stacks means that some groups don't do a merc/op healing meta, they just go with two mercs. Anything that hurts how the Tactician set performs will be very painful for operative healers.

I mean the DPS increase is nice in a NiM setting where it helps the spare GCDs count but this is the issue that came with having one set for DPS and healers which is any changes would have to be levelled against the DPS branch itself.

For reference, here's what it was:

(4) Tactical Overdrive additionally resets the cooldown of Backstab, Sever Tendon, and Toxic Scan. Gaining a Tactical Advantage increases your Critical Chance by 15% for 10 seconds. Can only happen once every 10 seconds.

Here's what the test server is showing:

(4) Tactical Overdrive additionally resets the cooldowns of Sever Tendon, and Toxic Scan. Gaining a Tactical Advantage increases your critical chance by 10% for 10 seconds. Can only happen once every 18 seconds.

I'd like to hear about this stealth nerf.

And secondly, operative healers are not overperforming. I know operative DPS are fairly strong but operative healers have been sitting in that weird middle ground place that might be lost if they overbuff sorc healers. Our lack of burst without VE stacks means that some groups don't do a merc/op healing meta, they just go with two mercs. Anything that hurts how the Tactician set performs will be very painful for operative healers.

+1 to this. While Concealment/Lethality are slightly over the curve right now, Op heals was finally on par with other healers and Tactician was the cornerstone for balancing the lack of burst that always plagued Ops. Nerfing Tactician would bring it to the bottom again. :(

If Tactician no longer resets Backblast with TO, that’s quite a huge nerf to both Scrapper, and Viral Elements in Ruffian.

Yet nerfing sorcerer and sin set bonuses brought compensation for both of them with buffing their sustained damage lol. They do same with operative yet no compensation for them. This smells like huge unfair changes

Yet nerfing sorcerer and sin set bonuses brought compensation for both of them with buffing their sustained damage lol. They do same with operative yet no compensation for them. This smells like huge unfair changes

Because conc ops don't need the compensation; they need a straight nerf, which is hopefully what they get. Conc ops are currently far better than lightning sorcs in solo ranked, so it's not a question of fairness.

Because conc ops don't need the compensation; they need a straight nerf, which is hopefully what they get. Conc ops are currently far better than lightning sorcs in solo ranked, so it's not a question of fairness.

This hurts the entire advanced class- healers and DPS. You want to complain healers have been running a DPS set bonus, blame Bioware for the lack of actual set bonus we can viably take.

Nice logic - everything stronger than lightning sorc must be nerfed. So your class could be the strongest one. Sorry no, we won't remain silance while overpowered sorc gets nerf + compensation which far not needed. Thats obviously strange that devs didn't write anything about nerfing tactician set on forum which makes me think they wanted to hide it since they hate this class and don't want to compensate nerfs of this class as they did to sin and sorcs. Devs just overbuffing force using classes because force is so star wars and force users buying from cartel market much more compared to non force using classes

While i agree Concealment/Lethality needs a compensation since it was NERFED ALREADY with 25% nerf on Acid Lash/ 30% on Synox), i believe bringing class theme preference theories into min-max balance isn't relevant to address the current issue. Edited by themagickoala

Nice logic - everything stronger than lightning sorc must be nerfed. So your class could be the strongest one. Sorry no, we won't remain silance while overpowered sorc gets nerf + compensation which far not needed. Thats obviously strange that devs didn't write anything about nerfing tactician set on forum which makes me think they wanted to hide it since they hate this class and don't want to compensate nerfs of this class as they did to sin and sorcs. Devs just overbuffing force using classes because force is so star wars and force users buying from cartel market much more compared to non force using classes

Lightning is also getting nerfed though...so your whole post makes no sense lol. Sorc is not overpowered in any way, it's the third best class in solos at best, and can be shut down by good ops, sins and maras. Now that deception sins, concealment ops, AND lightning sorcs are all getting nerfed, they will likely still be the best three classes in solo ranked. But now maras, mercs and snipers will be able to have more success.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

Tactician's set was NOT just a dps set. Read the tooltips and it you can see it was designed for both dps and heals to use. Concealment may have been overperforming, but heals sure as hell did not need a nerf.

They not only decreased the critical % bonus from the set, but they also decreased the time you'll have the bonus.

This is a stealth nerf, and a major one. Giving us probe refresh on an ACTIVATED ability won't make up for the loss.

Going from 90-95% uptime to 45-50% without being able to control the buff durations or proc flow is basically a 50% nerf on burst scenarios.

50% for a class that need to push APM to limits to be good compared with reactive healers, thats just insane.

If Tactician no longer resets Backblast with TO, that’s quite a huge nerf to both Scrapper, and Viral Elements in Ruffian.

I'm not sure this is an actual nerf to ruffian/lethality. Tactical overdrive originally resets the cooldown of lethal strike without the tactician set bonus. I think leth is largely left untouched (except for the crit nerf).

I’m glad I saw this coming and started to use other sets than Tactican’s, now as a Ruffian, I’m basically untouched by the nerfs.

Nah, you just nerfed yourself before the devs got a chance to. If you weren’t using tactician as Ruffian in PvE, then you were wrong.

PvP is a completely different story though.

I'm not sure this is an actual nerf to ruffian/lethality. Tactical overdrive originally resets the cooldown of lethal strike without the tactician set bonus. I think leth is largely left untouched (except for the crit nerf).

Ah ok. That makes sense. I'm looking at this from work and not in front of my toon, so my mistake on the details

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Lightning is also getting nerfed though...so your whole post makes no sense lol. Sorc is not overpowered in any way, it's the third best class in solos at best, and can be shut down by good ops, sins and maras. Now that deception sins, concealment ops, AND lightning sorcs are all getting nerfed, they will likely still be the best three classes in solo ranked. But now maras, mercs and snipers will be able to have more success.

Sorc gets nerf and buffed. Sin gets nerf and buffed and only operative gets nerf and nothing else. This proves theory devs just hate certain classes or have no idea how to adjust them. They give compensations to sins and sorcs because of whiners on forum who crying about their classes. It is time to defend operatives too

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

Sorc gets nerf and buffed. Sin gets nerf and buffed and only operative gets nerf and nothing else. This proves theory devs just hate certain classes or have no idea how to adjust them.

No...it proves the theory that conc ops just needed a straight nerf because that's how good they are. How is this hard to understand.

No...it proves the theory that conc ops just needed a straight nerf because that's how good they are. How is this hard to understand.

How about if you want pvp nerfs you call for pvp nerfs and not nerfs that also hit pve...

Sorc and sin also needed nerf yet with nerf devs buffed their crits or sustained. Sin, sorc and oper were the strongest meele and range classes among all. They all were nearly on same lvl in ranked pvp yet operative gets only nerf while overpowered sorc and sin gets nerf + buff. This is unfair, unlogical and dumb to say at least

Sorc and sin also needed nerf yet with nerf devs buffed their crits or sustained. Sin, sorc and oper were the strongest meele and range classes among all. They all were nearly on same lvl in ranked pvp yet operative gets only nerf while overpowered sorc and sin gets nerf + buff. This is unfair, unlogical and dumb to say at least

Without compensation sorc nerf on their gathering storm set is huge. Like easy 1.5K dps loss on lightning and 1k on madness. Of course they needed compensation given at least for PvEsustain damage madness is not doing too hot as is.