Guild bank settings

lorddjole

i was talking to my officers and other guildies and we all agreed nice addition to bank settings would be withdraw limit by legacy/account name.

so for example , for me as gm, would be easier cus i could give bigger withdraws to officers who are long time with our guild, and keep it lower for new officers.

yes i know it can be done by rank but ...

lets say person joins dark council. its a given u need to spend a lot of time for it but it happend before. Person joins highest rank and after few days loots the bank.

if i lower withdraw it affects department leaders, if i keep it same i need to test person but its not realy a test if he has lower rank is it ... sometimes people dont show their true face.

in overall, we didnt encounter problems this nature cus we are careful when picking officers so we avoid this kind of thing.

also nice, is some kind of authorization request for huge withdraws, for example if withdraw is gonna hit persons weekly cap, or implement a daily cap for withdraw per rank.

Something should be implemented to help out controlling credits and items flow, also nice thing would be longer logs, with separate section for biggest donator in items or credits, for credits is more or less easy but for items u cant realy keep track cus log gets moved fast and u might not see all donators. then withdraw per name comes useful, cus u can simply take withdraw authorization from people who dont donate, and not affect rank in whole or to demote person just for not donating

yes i know it can be done by rank but ...

There's no "but" here. It can be done by rank. Do it by rank.

lets say person joins dark council. its a given u need to spend a lot of time for it but it happend before. Person joins highest rank and after few days loots the bank.

Don't do that. A new member given highest rank? No. Just no. (I'm not talking about a new alt of an existing member, but a new player.)

If you do that, and the *player* isn't the girlfriend / boyfriend / wife / husband of a trusted member, and bad things happen as a result, well, you got what you deserved.

You mentioned "joins dark council". That tells me that you have a mismatch between the "RP" ranks and the "guild management" ranks. Don't do that either. Separate the ideas of RP and guild management.

• 2 weeks later...

all u said is true but i still find system lacking additional options and tweaks.

What if i want to give certain person bigger withdraw and not create a new rank for them. So personal setting would help that, for example my bank leader who goes through items places them in proper vaults etc etc. I had to make rank just for him and name it same as others so it doesn't stand out (from pvp and pve lead for example).

I think personal withdraw per char name or legacy name would be nice additional option.

Fortinetly i never had bank looted, cus all high ranked officers are more then trust worthy, but i still find bank setting bit too simplified with not that much opstions

all u said is true but i still find system lacking additional options and tweaks.

There probably are useful things they could add to the system.

What if i want to give certain person bigger withdraw and not create a new rank for them. So personal setting would help that, for example my bank leader who goes through items places them in proper vaults etc etc. I had to make rank just for him and name it same as others so it doesn't stand out (from pvp and pve lead for example).

Forgive me if I'm being obtuse or stupid here, but surely it's a good idea to make the "bank leader" (I'd call it "treasurer" myself, but whatever) a separate and *visible* rank. If your guild is themed "Dark Council", then that rank could be "Minister of Finance" or something similar, or maybe even just "Treasurer". It has a practical benefit in that it would allow new members to immediately know who fills that role, and it would fit with the "governing body" theme as well. (PvE lead = "Minister of Defence" ? PvP lead = "Minister of War" ?)

I think personal withdraw per char name or legacy name would be nice additional option.

It's not a bad idea, but I don't think your example makes a convincing case for it. However, if your RP-oriented structure is sufficiently complex that you need to use all 20 rank slots to express it, then *there* is your convincing case for personal limits in bank rights.

Maybe.

Maybe what you're really looking for is two rank systems: RP ranks and guild-administration ranks. Guild-access privileges, of course, go where they belong, on guild-administration ranks (which are properly called "permission lists" or something), while RP ranks are there just for looks. Now all your Dark Council theming lives in the RP ranks, while you put administrative role names ("Treasurer", "PvE lead", "PvP lead", etc.) on the administrative ranks.

I suggest this because it provides tools to solve your problem without adding huge amounts of complexity to the guild management system.

yeah i get ur point but still think some tweaks couldnt hurt, for example i need to make seperate rank for prog team repairs and add them to people while removing rank they have in guild . which sucks for them. instead of having dark lord they have to have prog team member :D so yeah personal withdraw wouldnt hurt on that one

Dark Lord is an RP rank. Prog Team Member is a game-play / guild-admin rank. Your problem arises from the fact that there is no way to express that distinction in the current guild system.

If they added a way to have both types of rank (that is, a new column for RP ranks), the problem you just described would be gone. You can recruit new otherwise untrusted people as Dark Lords (for RP purposes) and give them a bare minimum of administrative / gameplay rights (as appropriate for new members), and then as they earn your trust or start doing prog raid stuff, you give them the appropriate administrative rights without changing their RP status as Dark Lord.

As a workaround in the meantime:

* Do you have anything in the Member Note field?

* Do you leave it up to the player?

* If not, consider putting RP rank info in the Member Note and lock it so that only the guild leader and the RP administrator (if they are different people) can edit member notes.

* Then use the guild rank as an administrative rank, because that's what it is, whether you like it or not.

we arent RP guild so we dont have problem with rp ranks.

basicly all ranks from initiate to dark lord can be part of progression raid but depending on they rank they are able or unable to use repair funds.

thats why i was hoping some tweek could happen to help with that. We work arround it by trading repair funds to people who attended progression ops

we arent RP guild so we dont have problem with rp ranks.

Yes you are and yes you do.

Your guild activities aren't RP of the sort that drives people to stand around in cantinas inventing their own dramas and acting them out in /say, for sure, but a pure-raiding guild doesn't concern itself with the ins and outs of "being promoted to Dark Lord" and the like. That stuff is a sort of "RP-lite"(1), and it requires RP ranks to be separate from guild-administration ranks.

The game currently doesn't offer that separation, and the lack of separation has caused you (or might cause you) problems.

basicly all ranks from initiate to dark lord can be part of progression raid but depending on they rank they are able or unable to use repair funds.

thats why i was hoping some tweek could happen to help with that. We work arround it by trading repair funds to people who attended progression ops

The thing I have suggested (separating adminstrative ranks like "Prog Team Leader"(2) from RP-lite ranks like "Dark Lord") would solve your problem without introducing huge complications to the UI and the data that must be stored.

(1) There are other things that can be called "RP lite", such as giving in to the feeling of being disrespectful when running through the Senate Tower (or other places), and RP-walking instead.

(2) There's a good argument for saying that there are ranks (Dark Lord, Initiate, etc.) and privileges (the current bundles of guild-access permissions). They are currently intimately linked, but probably should not be.

we were thinking of introducing ranks for prog team members but people dont wanna give up flashy ranks they have.

so we have little work arround

we are sending repair credits to all prog team members by mail after ops is done. Prog team leader follows his cost for repairs and send bit more to all raiders present at that run

Edited by lorddjole

If you are worried about the repairs, you can set each rank at a specific amount for repairs. I know we have done that but also limits the amount they can withdraw (if they can withdraw) or withdraw items from the bank.

if you want to have someone promoted to your inner circle, ie dark council, and you don't know if you can fully trust them, set up two dark council ranks. they can be spelt the same etc, but the newer ones get the rank with the lower amount of withdrawl, and the older , more trusted ones, get the higher withdrawl. anyone looking at the ranks, will just see 'dark council' and have no idea of the difference.