Question Regarding: Disparity in Drop Rates for Armor Boxes Of The Same Set

Andryah

It appears (in multiple GTN markets on multiple servers) that some of the armor boxes in the Star Cluster Packs are dropping much more rarely then others for the same set of armor.

Example: Nimble Brawler's Set, which is tagged with a gray Cartel Market Icon (ie rare, not super rare) for both the armor boxes as well as the armor within. HOWEVER..... the Lower Armor box is dropping like flies but the Upper Armor and Supplemental Armor boxes are dropping very infrequently.

This has been validated both by following listings on the GTNs as well as conversations between players in game. There is definitely a large disparity in the drop rates. In prior packs... the drop rates have been fairly consistent within an armor set...so this has been clearly noticed early on by players since the this Cartel Pack.

SO... Is this working as intended......or is their an issue with the drop rates in the loot tables for the items/boxes??

Edited by Andryah

Thanks for making this thread. I am really wondering about this too! I also noticed that the difference in drop rates for the lower armor vs. the upper and supplementary armor for these sets is huge. This makes collecting a set of these even more difficult/expensive than collecting a super rare set, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I am hoping it is a bug, as I like to collect the more common sets that catch my eye each pack with the possibility of unlocking them later. But either way, it would be nice to know if this is intended or not.

Hey,

Same with me on Progenitor. I already made a thread about this in General Discussion, but let me add something here:

If drop rates are working as intended, it's a problem.

I "make a living" of selling stuff from CPs(Cartel Packs), and I buy stuff from CPs that I find interesting. When all I get is some crappy boots / trousers that are selling for 1000 creds, I can't buy things that I want. Worse... because upper body / supplementary pieces are rare, their price is sky-high. Not good.

Now... If drop rate are a bug, that's even a bigger problem.

You see... When a quest or a WZ is buggy, it's not a big deal, some patch will smooth things out and that's OK. With CPs it's a bit different. We paid real money for "broken" goods. I'm not a lawyer, but I believe there is somewhere a legal procedure for sale of faulty goods.

Again, I don't want to sound like some sort of knee-high jerk, that wants money back because he didn't get what he wanted, but... I did pay for goods (I agree, they are virtual goods, but I purchased them based on assumption that they are working correctly) that are broken. What BW / EA is going to do with that?

I definitely noticed this on my server (Ebon Hawk) as I was browsing the GTN and hearing reports from people that buy Hypercrates (in the plural), the Nimble Brawler and the Ceremonial Mystic have tons of Lower boxes available but very few Supplementary and Upper. The other boxed sets don't seem to be affected, but it seemed like Xoxaan and Tulak Horde chest pieces were also MUCH more rare than the rest of those sets.

I'd like to report that for the last 2 days there are no longer any Xoxaan chest pieces for sale on The Progenitor.

There are 2 pages of lower robes tho... And it seems nobody is buying (since the number hasn't changed in 2 days).

Before they sold out, the chest pieces were going for 1.4-2.5 million credits each... and people were paying it seems...

I'd like to report that for the last 2 days there are no longer any Xoxaan chest pieces for sale on The Progenitor.

There are 2 pages of lower robes tho... And it seems nobody is buying (since the number hasn't changed in 2 days).

Before they sold out, the chest pieces were going for 1.4-2.5 million credits each... and people were paying it seems...

That's the entire point. They're making waves of attractive and super rare items like Revan's mask on a monthly basis now. :/

That's the entire point. They're making waves of attractive and super rare items like Revan's mask on a monthly basis now. :/

Umm, no. They are making very common items super rare... and that just makes no sense.

It's likely that this is a bug, so keep your conspiracy theories to yourself.

Per this gold post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7488830#edit7488830

::Poofs back in::

An update! The rarity of the items in the Starcluster Nightlife Pack is being corrected in 2.8.1!

::Gently places a sealed bag of confetti on the floor before poofing away.::

It appears it is a bug and will be fixed in 2.8.1

Edited by Andryah

::Poofs back in::

An update! The rarity of the items in the Starcluster Nightlife Pack is being corrected in 2.8.1!

::Gently places a sealed bag of confetti on the floor before poofing away.::

Forgot to ask ealier though and if possible, could you let us know if...

- The unlock prices for some of the new armor sets is indeed intentional or an accident; Namely if some of them are indeed meant to cost 450 CC.

- The drop ratio is only for the Rare-rated armor sets inside the Lockboxes or also for the Xoxaan, Mandalore the Ultimate, Tulak Hord ones as well?

Thank you. :)

TLDR – Rarities and collection costs are right. Item rarity icons and collections tooltip rarity are not and are targeted to be fixed in 2.8.1.

-eric

Working as intended. Contrary to earlier comment from Tait.

Case closed.

Edited by Andryah