Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IshtarScorpio
03.22.2018 , 05:14 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by TheShu View Post
Alright I don't know if this was asked or mentioned.... but....

Why are there only 3 targets? I thought with this patch there would be more planets, thus more targets, to help out guilds? How in the world does 3 active targets help anyone? Regardless of the rewards (which are mentioned to be WAY too little of a difference for anyone to bother with), having everyone clumped together on 3 targets basically leaves everyone who doesn't have a large guild out of the running, regardless of the point change. You could triple the amount received and these guilds would STILL not be able to compete.

What happened to the idea of having more targets? Why do we have LESS targets now?
Good question. I had thought, to help the small guilds, they would use the unique accounts in a guild to determine which planets they could invade. For instance, a guild with 100 could invade any of the tiers, but a guild with 400 couldn't invade any but the top tier.

Also, each planet would have a tier tied to it so you could win it. Someone earlier said they must have no idea how guilds choose which planets to invade. The big guilds will invade ALL THE PLANETS to secure the win, no matter they yields. This new system does nothing for small guilds except give them the very small payout we use to get, only now, you can get that many toons to the weekly so you aren't really getting anything.

Well done Grind-o-ware.
"You are unwise to lower your defenses!"

Manjaca
03.22.2018 , 05:15 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by dryving View Post
Crafting was too easy? Our small guild would spend months preparing for a conquest to win a title. Do you have any idea how many hours it took farming just to do the crafting conquests on the old system? I don't want to even think about how long it will take now. I'd never seriously contemplated quitting the game in 4 years, but now most of our guild is talking about what other games we could move to. The one thing smaller guilds like us could compete with was crafting week and it's now gone with a "We'll leave it as is for now and look at it again later" statement?

If you tried simply talking to players or having some kind of play testing you would avoid scenarios like this. Did any of you actually do the math to figure out how much time or materials it would take to do conquest now? It's like when GC came out. At the old rate of CXP it would have taken 200-300 hours of playtime to get to max level on just one toon.

My sub is about up and I was about to add another timecard, but I'm holding off and seeing what you actually do. I don't want to waste my money on a game that I'll just end up not playing out of frustration with the devs.
Yout Speek the Truth my Friend. I think and feel the same like you!

Farming Mats and crafting/preparing for a Crafting Week is much time an effort. The Bioware Devs dont know this.
Some People farming Mats over Months! And they craft over Months! And now it is nearly impossible to Farm/Craft for Conquest.
Leveling all the companions to a high Level for fast and efficient crafting is a hard Mission. This is a Money and Time sink! All this is for some guilds a Event and hard to organize.

They is nothing to Monitor Eric. You have to make it much easier!

Darev
03.22.2018 , 05:16 PM | #123
This is the ONLY thing I'll say in defense of Bioware on this horrible patch.

Relics of the Gree was NEVER an alt friendly week for getting multiple alts to 20k conquest points.

Unless you enjoy endless warzones (now supposedly going to be put back in)
Unless you enjoy endless GSF (now supposedly going to be put back in)
Unless you did lots of Flashpoints (daily GF and Weekly 5 vet FPs/3MM FPs)

In today's update Eric didn't mention anything about the points they'd assigned. Looking at the points for the repeatable Ilum flashpoint this week, it's a laughably small amount.

On to my more "normalized" thoughts on 5.8.

You GUTTED crafting weeks. Ok, fine, that was clearly your intention. I think it was wrong, but you did it in a way that also GUTTED the points from crafting during NON-Crafting weeks. The cost of the resources, either by buying on GTN or time spent harvesting on lower level planets is NOT at all worth the reward you get from crafting a single invasion force. Let alone 10 to then turn around and "donate" for a measly amount of points.

The way to fix that is to either adjust the points up for invasion force, or revert back to the tiered recipes. I'd like to see the tiered recipes again, they let new players participate while leveling their crafting crew skills. That was ALWAYS a good thing.

Splitting the planets up into 3 difficulty levels is only going to hurt the guilds going after small/medium planets. I looked at the list, one of the historically most sought after planets, Rishi, is a medium planet goal.
MOST guilds choose planets based on the titles their guild members need.

decicco
03.22.2018 , 05:19 PM | #124
Im just done. No more conquest for me, once again just focusing on treating this game as a single player experience. Depending on future actions, might unsub as this is no longer the game I loved to play.
Captain DeCicco Ehne
Founding Council Member of Disciples of Sith

Manjaca
03.22.2018 , 05:20 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Until ALL Conquest Content is Alf-Friendly Conquest is dead to me.

Fed up of being incentivised to start ever more Alts because new content is rarer than an honest politician, just to get punished for having Alts when someone at Bioware has another "Dim Bulb" moment.

The core concept of this game is predicated on us having and playing Alts - anything you do that punishes that is just counter-productive.

I can't believe Bioware are too stupid/ignorant to have failed to learn this lesson from the Command Levels fiasco.

All The Best
You speek Words of Wisdom.

Playing and Leveling Twinks is ab big Content in this Game.

For me this is like a bad dream. Back to Galactic command.

Where Playing/Gearing Twinks was nearly impossible because of "Thrill of the Hunt" and horrible CXP-Rates.

xordevoreaux
03.22.2018 , 05:20 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by AmiHale View Post
Ok. The participation stuff does make sense for being specific conquest weeks as I recall some are fp focused and others crafting and others events and so on.
However, bringing back in ONLY PVP/GSF objectives for all conquests is so incredibly focused on those players that it leaves the PVE players like myself jilted. Not cool. If you're going to do that for PVP/GSF, why not OPs and FPs?
PVE players, even with the rollout of 5.8 raw as it is now, were not excluded. We had not one but two rampages, and they were repeatable, meaning that you could kill 250 mobs on Hoth and 250 mobs on Illum for points as much as you wanted, and going forward, with the point requirement reduced from 20k to 15k for personal conquest goal, those points will go farther.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Darev
03.22.2018 , 05:21 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
Don't hold your breath. I'm still not convinced enough to resub.

Also, something that's a concern is will the daily/weekly activities (FPs and PvP) going to be repeatable on alts or if they'll be one-off achievements?

Oh, and cutting the personal to 15k isn't enough unless doing the daily + weekly FP and PvP + maybe a few heroics if needed can complete the personal goal. Give us baseline numbers, not what they would be at 150% stronghold bonus.
This is actually a good point. The Stronghold bonus is supposed to make things easier, not to be used as a baseline.

xordevoreaux
03.22.2018 , 05:22 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
This is the ONLY thing I'll say in defense of Bioware on this horrible patch.

Relics of the Gree was NEVER an alt friendly week for getting multiple alts to 20k conquest points.

Unless you enjoy endless warzones (now supposedly going to be put back in)
Unless you enjoy endless GSF (now supposedly going to be put back in)
Unless you did lots of Flashpoints (daily GF and Weekly 5 vet FPs/3MM FPs)

In today's update Eric didn't mention anything about the points they'd assigned. Looking at the points for the repeatable Ilum flashpoint this week, it's a laughably small amount.

On to my more "normalized" thoughts on 5.8.

You GUTTED crafting weeks. Ok, fine, that was clearly your intention. I think it was wrong, but you did it in a way that also GUTTED the points from crafting during NON-Crafting weeks. The cost of the resources, either by buying on GTN or time spent harvesting on lower level planets is NOT at all worth the reward you get from crafting a single invasion force. Let alone 10 to then turn around and "donate" for a measly amount of points.

The way to fix that is to either adjust the points up for invasion force, or revert back to the tiered recipes. I'd like to see the tiered recipes again, they let new players participate while leveling their crafting crew skills. That was ALWAYS a good thing.

Splitting the planets up into 3 difficulty levels is only going to hurt the guilds going after small/medium planets. I looked at the list, one of the historically most sought after planets, Rishi, is a medium planet goal.
MOST guilds choose planets based on the titles their guild members need.
Neither me nor my officers authorized to invade planets have ever considered titles when deciding which planets to invade.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

BRKMSN
03.22.2018 , 05:22 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]Objectives and their points Conquests are meant to be an activity that someone can work on throughout the week as they play the game. Previously, Conquests were very homogenized in that there was very little diversity among each week. We used this opportunity to spread out what objectives were available in each Conquest.
This week's theme is Relics of the Gree. I took a character to the event area and completed one mission from the terminal to complete Critical Missions: Relics f the Gree. I think it's a little strange that players aren't given a reason to actually participate in the event the conquest is themed around. One mission and that's all for today (for all my characters).

If you want diversity, maybe consider giving people a reason to do multiple event missions on multiple characters each day. You know, bring some life back to the old content like the CXP bug did to the daily areas a few months ago.

MikeCobalt
03.22.2018 , 05:24 PM | #130
Beyond that we will continue to monitor data and your feedback to seek other possible changes in 5.9 and beyond.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Considering their past in changing current content systems. This ambiguity, Lack of Responsibility when 5.9 went live
This is Fluff and to me says they're not going to change anything based on what their customers want (Direct Feedback), only what they want. This like other times is just "Stalling". This is another smoke screen.