penalty for leaving warzones

Macabakur

implement a penalty for leaving warzones asap. my suggestion is a 30 min block on any warzone que's post the quit. There needs to be a penalty for the people who are quitting warzones. It ruins the peoples chances that aren't quitting , and it's just plain rude. Edited by Macabakur

implement a penalty for leaving warzones asap. my suggestion is a 30 min block on any warzone que's post the quit. There needs to be a penalty for the people who are quitting warzones. It ruins the peoples chances that aren't quitting , and it's just plain rude.

Worst idea ever congrats.

Staying should be rewarded not vice versa. If I want to leave then I will leave and I dont expect to be punished. Not that I play this game for the last few days as I basically have quit for the time being and unsubbed (87 days left ***)

Worst idea ever congrats.

Staying should be rewarded not vice versa. If I want to leave then I will leave and I dont expect to be punished. Not that I play this game for the last few days as I basically have quit for the time being and unsubbed (87 days left ***)

This!

OP, in the current situation it would most likely only make people stop playing at all, since it is not worth staying in alost warzone, and when one cannot hope the next might be better there is no reason to play any further. Luckily BioWare is by now aware how bad their decision was and they will increase the rewards for losing.

It worked in WoW, they had/have I assume a 30 min Deserter lockout. It's effective, people don't quit because they're losing a match, people quit because every losing match they're in someone or multiple someone's quits, it's horrifyingly annoying when half the team up and leaves and youre sitting there 3 vs 8. There needs to be a penalty to stop this trend. Edited by Macabakur

implement a penalty for leaving warzones asap. my suggestion is a 30 min block on any warzone que's post the quit. There needs to be a penalty for the people who are quitting warzones. It ruins the peoples chances that aren't quitting , and it's just plain rude.

Fix the reward system first so that people don't get zero cash and xp on losing and then implement a deserter buff. Adding penalties for leaving without fixing the core issues will just ruin PVP further more.

Fix the reward system first so that people don't get zero cash and xp on losing and then implement a deserter buff. Adding penalties for leaving without fixing the core issues will just ruin PVP further more.

This.

Before 1.2, joining a losing wz meant it was worth an effort. In some cases, you could actually come back and win from a losing position. But thanks to Bioware, with 1.2 this is no longer the case. I joined a game of Huttball and we were down 2-0 and despite huffing and puffing, racked up zero coms, zero cash and we lost 3-0.

That was on the day after 1.2. So you tell me why someone should sit in a war zone to gain nothing? Then, to add further woes, Bioware in their wisdom decide to allow uneven numbered warzones to start and continue - so I dont see why someone should join say a 4v8 when the team are losing, quit - only to be given a 30 minute penatly?

Rather than actually addressing issues, Bioware have thrown in, what they deem are quick fixes, when the truth is, they are just doing more and more damage to the pvp player base.

IF Bioware use their brains and fix the issues that they so kindly introduced, then yes, a penalty should be given - works in Rift (15 minute cooldown) but currently, not a chance

Edited by DarthMaulUK

I'm a full battlemaster, I end up in a queue with 5 people who have between 12-15k health to my 17k. I'm fighting against a 'rated' geared side and losing consistently because the people on my team are badly geared.

If I drop queue, at the start and pick up 2 more people and then queue I avoid getting into that same problematic warzone again. Additionally I get the chance to fight against another group of people who are not geared so well on the enemy side.

So... speaking as someone who doesn't want to continue to lose with the same group (because queues tend to overlap) I'll pass staying in the Warzone and leave now. kthxbai.

This is a great idea... so when I randomly disconnect in the middle of PVP I can not get back in for 30 minutes:rolleyes:

People are quitting out because theres no point in staying in a 5 minute huttball game thats 4 vs 8 getting facerolled for 0 rewards of any kind, not my idea of fun and certainly not worth my time and loadscreens.

If i recall correctly before this pacth everyone would get rewards, even if losing, and people still quit.. so no.

fixing that wont solve the problem.

IMO has something to do with the dailys.

Edited by Spartanik

If i recall correctly before this pacth everyone would get rewards, even if losing, and people still quit.. so no.

He didn't say 'don't do a thing' - he said "fix the core issues as well".

If you not only punish people for losing but also for quitting, they will stop playing very soon.

You cannot punish a losing team in a GAME. It's supposed to be fun for all players. And getting punished (50%, no matter how hard you fought) for losing a GAME just sucks. So, would you play something where you'd do the only thing you can do to avoid having a bad time?

No one wants to shut down their computer thinking "Wow, did I have a bad time. No fun. No chance. And no reward."

The one thing that many players forget: this is a GAME. And losing sucks. Without extra penalties: winning just feels better. You need to do something to offset the bad feeling of losing, because customers who feel bad won't buy/resub for long.

If you not only punish people for losing but also for quitting, they will stop playing very soon.

You cannot punish a losing team in a GAME. It's supposed to be fun for all players. And getting punished (50%, no matter how hard you fought) for losing a GAME just sucks. So, would you play something where you'd do the only thing you can do to avoid having a bad time?

No one wants to shut down their computer thinking "Wow, did I have a bad time. No fun. No chance. And no reward."

The one thing that many players forget: this is a GAME. And losing sucks. Without extra penalties: winning just feels better. You need to do something to offset the bad feeling of losing, because customers who feel bad won't buy/resub for long.

You are not really being punished. You are being rewarded. People that win gets rewarded more. This is how a game should be. Player participation should get rewarded but winning and playing much better than the other team should get rewarded more.

30 minute lock out is very extreme. I think a 10 minute lockout will be sufficient. A 5 minute lockout is good for this game just because most of the quitters come from the people that are just doing the dailies. They have no interest in playing or participating. They just want to ride the wave and win to complete their quest.

PvP is best when lots of people are active. When there are instant games, and different players. And for that you must reward participating, not just winning.

Love PvP? Make it so win or lose, you get decent rewards - comms, credits, and XP. None of that piddly 15 comms and 0 credits.

This is exactly right. I look at this from a business point of view, and you know if your customers - even a tiny portion of them are not happy, then it will affect your future sales, and marketing, because no one who walks away from this game, with a bad feeling in their gut, will recommend the game to any one else !

This is a game, not real life, loosing doesn't have to be so severe, as receiving 50% less rewards, or no commendations at all. I think what you put into a match should be realistically offset to the work you put into the match, however, people 'do' have bad matches, and bad days. A minimum of 3 medals is harsh in my own view, to prevent people from 'not' getting anything from participating, so if a guy or a girl, cannot see any chance of them gaining enough medals, 'this' doesn't work, at all, ! of course they will quit a WZ, after all, what's the point of staying, just to get rolled for valor and farmed by pre made teams ? That is of course the point of view, mostly associated to solo players, who often find themselves in a pug team, against a pre made, with no chance of even getting 1 medal let alone 3. I heard they are changing this, and I hope Bioware do, because the current game play, is too harsh, for some thing that is supposed to be enjoyed by 'every fan' not just an elite cluster, 'because I has the gear' mentality, of it all.

I am a geared player, but I do feel for those guys who aren't, and I want a fair PVP experience for all, so no one has to walk out of a game, because they feel they are just being punished by the game rules.

I disagree. before 1.2 on an average if i played 10 WZ one or two people in total left. After 1.2, 3 to 4 people quit in every match, that is around 30 to 40 people leaving during 10 matches on losing side. Things are completely screwed after new patch.

Agreed... you don't make progress on your 0/30 and 0/150 quest.. oh wait they took that out...

I disagree. before 1.2 on an average if i played 10 WZ one or two people in total left. After 1.2, 3 to 4 people quit in every match, that is around 30 to 40 people leaving during 10 matches on losing side. Things are completely screwed after new patch.

Exactly right. Even on the matches where people left before 1.2, most of the time they were replaced with someone that would stick it out. While the incentive of rewards was not enough to prevent everyone from leaving, it was enough to prevent most people from leaving. With the new patch today which includes increased rewards for players on the losing side of Warzone matches. and only needing 1 medal to get rewards you will see fewer people leaving.

I just wish they would clarify what "increased rewards" means. They could give the losing team 100 credits each and it would be an increase in rewards.

I most certainly agree, I am tired of getting into a warzone where the highest level players leave because they cannot maximize their medals and leave everyone else hanging. The are deserters and should be treated as such. Penalize them with valor, take 500 to 1000 valor away whenever they voluntarily leave a WZ and WZ debuff them for 30 minutes.

30 minute lock out is very extreme. I think a 10 minute lockout will be sufficient. A 5 minute lockout is good for this game just because most of the quitters come from the people that are just doing the dailies. They have no interest in playing or participating. They just want to ride the wave and win to complete their quest.

When WZs pop every 15-20 minutes, 10 minute lockout is meaningless. Make it 30! Take away some valor. Punish the deserters because they participate in the other side winning.

When WZs pop every 15-20 minutes, 10 minute lockout is meaningless. Make it 30! Take away some valor. Punish the deserters because they participate in the other side winning.

Thats it make them stay. Quiting BAD, farming squishies GOOD. Lock em' in and let the harvesting begin! Yippee!

I think they should implement a 2 hours warzone me out for people who don't follow the directions, don't play well, in other words, hurt their team. Chances are I am talking to you, since you seem to make so many of your goupmates leave.

Exactly right. Even on the matches where people left before 1.2, most of the time they were replaced with someone that would stick it out. While the incentive of rewards was not enough to prevent everyone from leaving, it was enough to prevent most people from leaving. With the new patch today which includes increased rewards for players on the losing side of Warzone matches. and only needing 1 medal to get rewards you will see fewer people leaving.

I just wish they would clarify what "increased rewards" means. They could give the losing team 100 credits each and it would be an increase in rewards.

The additional problem is they nerfed everyone except Mara/Sent, so PVP really isn't as fun anymore anyway. If you are one of the nerfed classes, you're not about to make a big impact by yourself. The age of heroics in this game is over for everybody else. There's no more changing the tide of a battle by carefully overpowering some enemies with a combination of CC, kiting, LOS and burst, or distracting a group while a teammate ninjas a battle momentum changing cap. Now you travel together and focus fire, and you get focus fired pretty much.

I really wonder why everything is so boring now. I remember pre-1.2 battles were exciting because people could get you and you could get them in different situations.

I think they should implement a 2 hours warzone me out for people who don't follow the directions, don't play well, in other words, hurt their team. Chances are I am talking to you, since you seem to make so many of your goupmates leave.

Looks like someone is mad they reversed the 1.2 award allotment for losing WZ's. People who want this in such extremes are those who are mad because they won't have produce that won't be able to build themselves up in a reasonable amount of time.

Sorry people didn't like being farmed.