Just me?

Drakinor

Just hit 50 not to long ago and now I am getting obliterated in PvP. Im at about 450 expertise at the moment and just respeced as a rage juggernaut which helps a little but not for survivability. Is it just me or is there a HUGE gap from fresh 50 to those who have the gear. When I first started right after hitting 50 I was going down in 3-5 hits:P Am I doing something wrong here??

:wea_01:

There's a recruit set you can buy with credits it will help you a bit. (gives like 750-800 expertise i think?)

I bought some but not all of it, because alot of the pieces really lower my key stats compared to my orange gear. Should I drop my str and end for expertise?

I bought some but not all of it, because alot of the pieces really lower my key stats compared to my orange gear. Should I drop my str and end for expertise?

According to the Dev Q&A today, yes, that is exactly what you should do.

Keep your orange gear around for pve. But for now, Expertise gear seems to be king for PvP. I just bought a pair of PvP implants and replaced my crafted purple implants with augment slots. The 160 expertise I got increased my damage against by WAY more than the strength I lost. It also reduced my damage taken from enemy players, so the change was a pretty good imo.

Of course, in PvE expertise means nothing. But on my server, no one does anything in PvE besides daily quests so...

If you're melee without a pocket healer...you're gonna have a bad time. It's really not viable to be melee in PvP without a premade and/or a healer alongside you and your team. The few glorious matches I have with one healer that queues alongside me are amazing on my Mara...but without it it's basically a death wish. I have around 900 expertise and it still happens.

Well turns out, despite the two posts above me, I have not been obliterated. Had a few losses because of idiot team mates (because having all but 2 people guarding our one turret on alderaan will win us a match....) but have been doing exponentially better. Therefore I have come to the conclusion that expertise is the utmost important stat in pvp regardless of what your classes main stat is. I die less, kill more, and gain medals like a boss. I still find matches that are obvious premades which dont end well for me but for the most part the pvp blues have done wonders.