Cut all game cost with 50% for a periode.

RaschRune

In this corona time you EA should cut all game cost with 50%, like sub, CM cost.

If players have no job, no income. This will happen, no one play, no one subs, no one by from CM.

I don't think you want all players become F2P.

It won't be "all players" because lots of people(1) still have jobs, but are working from home instead of in the office or whatever. And of course if people have *no* income, they shouldn't even be paying a *reduced* cost for the game.

On the other hand, such a reduction as a gesture of "we appreciate your continued support in these difficult times" seems like a *reasonable* thing to request.

(1) Including a certain SteveTheCynic that you might have heard of.

In this corona time you EA should cut all game cost with 50%, like sub, CM cost.

If players have no job, no income. This will happen, no one play, no one subs, no one by from CM.

Paid gaming via sub is considered a luxury item / service (or rather something that IS NOT essential to living - in the UK at least) like satellite/cable TV, streaming services (Netflix, Disney+ Amazon Prime et al). If someone has lost their job due to Covid-19 and therefore has no income, luxury items will be the first things to be cancelled. This is something everyone responsible for household bills who has ever faced any loss of income will know. In fact, a lot of people will need to consider if they can afford electricity or even broadband right now.

No company will consider reducing their sub prices / cost if they are still operating and providing "luxury" services, nor should they.

It won't be "all players" because lots of people(1) still have jobs, but are working from home instead of in the office or whatever. And of course if people have *no* income, they shouldn't even be paying a *reduced* cost for the game.

On the other hand, such a reduction as a gesture of "we appreciate your continued support in these difficult times" seems like a *reasonable* thing to request.

(1) Including a certain SteveTheCynic that you might have heard of.

Yeah this. It’s the human thing to do.

tbh, this is one of the strangest suggestions I have ever read on these forums. Are they also supposed to cut all the people working on the game and their salary by 50% but provide for 100% fun in your home quarantine?

Edited by Phazonfreak

tbh, this is one of the strangest suggestions I have ever read on these forums. Are they also supposed to cut all the people working on the game and their salary by 50% but provide for 100% fun in your home quarantine?

Exactly. I don't remember reading in the news where SWTOR was included in the recent US$2.2T stimulus package.

It is not a bad idea at all. It would certainly garner good PR for Bioware, which is something all companies want.

I am also guessing that a significant proportion of regular players take advantage of the 3/6/12 month packages.

That should mean that a reduction in Monthly Sub price won't lose Bioware too much money.

The flip side is that people who do pay for a 3/6/12 month rolling Sub will feel they have been treated harshly by not being able to benefit from that price reduction.

Probably a far better option would be top reduce CM prices by 50%. Many players will be spending more time in game with Strongholds and even "space barbie" so that would play well with them.

I have just received notification I am now on a minimum 3 Month Furlough; one of the perils of working in the theatre industry I guess (I'm in the UK so the Gov't will pay upto 80% of my monthly salary for that period). Flip side it we had a really busy Autumn/Winter season and many of my "fixed bills" are paid for 2 or 3 months in advance, and I have 55 days left on a 3 Month Sub,

I have 5 SH's that I haven't even started decorating, so I'll have something to at least.

Stay safe all.

All The Best

To U players disagree. I can wait, because U will change your opinion.

I can wait too. In fact, this pandemic could very well be the final nail in the coffin for the game. I hope not, but it has the potential. Just like all businesses that are not part of the vital infrastructure of a society.

Your suggestion won't help BioWare in the slightest unless you really believe they need to be trimmed down by EA even further while keeping the game up. Even if more people keep playing and paying at a reduced price point for a period of time (which i highly doubt), imagine when the main flood of the pandemic is over and they finally decide to put the sub and cm costs back to "normal" pricing. You can bet your behind how many people will start to complain that evil EA wants to make money again and the veiled threat, like in your original post, that they will quit their sub. They will have all but forgotten about the deal back then and consider the reduced price as normal price.

SWTOR is not just shareholders and gamers, it's also people making a living. You basically tell them to take a 50% hit so we can keep playing or be prepared to get fired.

SWTOR is not just shareholders and gamers, it's also people making a living. You basically tell them to take a 50% hit so we can keep playing or be prepared to get fired.

Unfortunately , that is the situation for many firms and companies around the world nowadays and I'm sorry for people who lose their jobs. And you can be right, it can be the end of the game. Hope not.

But everything has a domino effect. Players with no money, EA will not get any in-come from the game. And for it to survive my original suggestion can be how they survive.

I have always been a big believer in those that either subbed, or had an existing sub, definitely deserved the benefit of all the perks involved. Times have changed so quickly though. I personally have a lot of friends that have been affected by everything going on. I have reached out to several of them and have offered a helping hand. Be it a trip to the grocery store, a bill paid, ect.....their lives have been affected dramatically with little to no warning.

Same could be said about the swtor community I am sure. I normally would be against a topic such as this but, as I have said, times have changed. Instead of a reduction of a sub payment, what about a one time payment of, something like $25, for say....3 months of play time. I like an idea such as this, because it would benefit those who could not continue to pay a monthly sub and could encourage the ftp and preferred, to sub. Also, it might just encourage others to come back or new players to join the game.

On the flip side of this, reward those who maintain their subs throughout this crisis. They would obviously have do something so there was not a dramatic drop in monthly subscribers.

Just my opinion.

Unfortunately , that is the situation for many firms and companies around the world nowadays and I'm sorry for people who lose their jobs. And you can be right, it can be the end of the game. Hope not.

But everything has a domino effect. Players with no money, EA will not get any in-come from the game. And for it to survive my original suggestion can be how they survive.

Players with no money will not pay for the game regardless of full or half price. They will only play the game if it is F2P and they enjoy the content it provides in contrast to all the other options out there. All it will be doing is slowely smothering the workforce behind the game while EA can keep the brand running on extra low heat and presenting themselves as customer friendly. Anyone hear an echo in here?

This idea is so crazy it could actually come from an EA financial analyst and I am scared it will actually happen and the customers cheer for them.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I don't think you care. You just want a discount.

Normally, I wouldn't care why you did this, but your motives are questionable at best.

This idea is so crazy it could actually come from an EA financial analyst and I am scared it will actually happen and the customers cheer for them.

I forgot to give you credit.

I'm a analyst, to be more specific, I'm a security analyst.

I can wait too. In fact, this pandemic could very well be the final nail in the coffin for the game. I hope not, but it has the potential. Just like all businesses that are not part of the vital infrastructure of a society.

Player count has increased so I don't think their hurting. I think the game is doing fine.

I remember when SOE did this when SWG was live during Katrina hit the States. I forget how long SOE turn off billing I want to say at least 6 months from what I remember.

Wow and I thought SOE only screwed things up. That was a nice gesture.

Yes, let us hope that EA/BW will show the same nice gesture. :)

Like Steve suggested.

Take care.

All I suggested was that the *reason* should be "as a gesture of goodwill in these difficult times" rather than "because none of you have jobs and therefore you can't afford full price".

To me it would matter what it would do their turnover. I do not see it being in anyone's best interest if their revenue was cut in half. Content would roll out even slower and people might get fired too.

When I myself had some money issues I simply started playing for free for a half a year and than started paying again. This is a far better option than paying half price.

All I suggested was that the *reason* should be "as a gesture of goodwill in these difficult times" rather than "because none of you have jobs and therefore you can't afford full price".

I am with Steve on this one. It seems all the requests for a "coronavirus discount" have been mostly opportunist but also selfish or disingenuous at best. The SWTOR community should be better than this.

Edited by Tofu_Shark