Chapter X: The good, the bad, and the ugly

HaoZhao

Hi. I just wanted to tell the development team that I enjoyed chapter X. Thanks for the hard work. It sucks that the patch didn't come up on time, but I imagine you guys must be used to the ridicule by now. Ahem. Anyway, here are some things that stood out while I was playing chapter X.

GOOD: World PVP! I am on a PVP server, so I really enjoy it when you set up quests in such a way that players from both factions will have to do battle with each other. I also really enjoyed the gigantic droid mobs that were littered all over the place. The PVP was so chaotic and fun! What a riot! :D I will say that Zakuul could really use a reputation vendor and a set of daily quests to encourage people to come every day. The world PVP is fun now, but in a few days it will be dead again.

BAD: Still no chats with companions outside of predetermined story scenes. It would be nice if major companions (Lana, Koth, etc.) had some normal, optional, companion conversations around the base, similar to the old ship conversations from the old class stories. I know it's too late to change things now, but when you guys start the next big story (season 2, or whatever), keep this in mind. 90% of our companions' character development is in those optional conversations. When you don't give those to the new cast members, it's hard to care about them as much.

UGLY: The entire chapter was anti-stealth. I shouldn't automatically be spotted by Zakuul Knights. That is non-sense. I play a stealther because I like to sneak around and avoid combat when I can. That's what being a stealther is all about. Forcing me into scripted fights every few seconds is not fun. Please don't do this again.

Once again, thanks to the entire team for their efforts! Good luck!

BAD: Still no chats with companions outside of predetermined story scenes. It would be nice if major companions (Lana, Koth, etc.) had some normal, optional, companion conversations around the base, similar to the old ship conversations from the old class stories. I know it's too late to change things now, but when you guys start the next big story (season 2, or whatever), keep this in mind. 90% of our companions' character development is in those optional conversations. When you don't give those to the new cast members, it's hard to care about them as much.

TBH I have connected to the new companions way more in the story cutscenes than >50% of the old companions through their personal chats. Lana, Koth, and Senya grow throughout the story–along with you. Even HK-55 does. Now, there were a few companions in the old story who did: Kira, Quinn, Jorgan and Dorne, Jaesa...but a lot of them were stagnant outside of their conversations except for a few idle comments in the main storyline. Lana and co. are constantly putting their 2 cents in, being involved, and doing things just as important as you, in their own way. I feel like the person I have with me is essential to the story. There were very few times where that was the case outside of the Big One or Two companions per class.

Now, I'd love conversations with the new comps in addition to their involvement in the story. But they should also be more animated (i.e. them walking through your HQ while talking to you, not just standing in one spot the whole time. I would definitely not be opposed to having conversations. However, it shouldn't be at the expense of their involvement in the story. If I had to take one or the other, I'd pick involvement in the story, for sure.