What servers does Ranked pop on

Lerethaz

I have heard Darth Malgus has lots of pops in the off season. For some reason, the US servers don't pop often... except maybe on weekends or weekday prime time.

Ranked pops this preseason have certainly been spotty on Star Forge, but I have no doubt that once season 12 starts we'll be getting regular pops again.

Ranked pops this preseason have certainly been spotty on Star Forge, but I have no doubt that once season 12 starts we'll be getting regular pops again.

Seems all the ranked guys are trolling Regs at the moment to boost their egos and measure the length of their ......’s

2 days ago there was some streamer or other, not even one that helps the community to learn, that was in every other match I had. All they did was go afk and stream or taunt their streaming followers to attack them.

There were a bunch of ranked premades battling it out in some of these matches to demonstrate how big their egos and ........’s are.

It totally ruined a few hours of pvp on star forge and I just stopped queuing, as did other people. We even tried vote to kick, but that never works.

If these guys really think they are that good, why not do it in ranked or if they want a non formal setting, setup kick ball some where or even in the Rishi stronghold.

It goes to show that egos are a little too brittle if they have to bring it regs. Obviously there are some inadequacies below their belt line ;)

Seems all the ranked guys are trolling Regs at the moment to boost their egos and measure the length of their ......’s

2 days ago there was some streamer or other, not even one that helps the community to learn, that was in every other match I had. All they did was go afk and stream or taunt their streaming followers to attack them.

There were a bunch of ranked premades battling it out in some of these matches to demonstrate how big their egos and ........’s are.

It totally ruined a few hours of pvp on star forge and I just stopped queuing, as did other people. We even tried vote to kick, but that never works.

If these guys really think they are that good, why not do it in ranked or if they want a non formal setting, setup kick ball some where or even in the Rishi stronghold.

It goes to show that egos are a little too brittle if they have to bring it regs. Obviously there are some inadequacies below their belt line ;)

Not trying to defend the kind of people you're talking about, as I'm sure they exist to some degree. But speaking for myself, I barely play regs during ranked seasons when it's popping. Because it's not really popping much this preseason, I've been playing regs a bunch lately, but I always play objectives. I'll happily guard a node, run the ball, etc if it helps the team win. I know there are other ranked players that also play objectives, so it's not like we're all the same lol. People that number farm kind of amaze me. I completely agree with you that it proves absolutely nothing.

If I top the dmg or heals, protection and contribute to the win, does that mean I have a big electro willy?

Ofc it doesn’t, even if I’m sat here with my junk tucked in my sock playing objectives, people will come up with some kind of insult because they don’t like to lose.

I guess I’ll just continue slapping my enormous ***** around my keyboard

Figured this would good be a good thread to let u all know what toons I have been playing, getting them ready for ranked:

Star forge only this season:

Republic:

Pepe’Nero - the queen B I named after a bottle of goose island I was drinking at the time

Shoc-N-awe - old trusty pot5 van

Howwy Witzer - shaded mando - has high powered cannon

Xxyman - old pot5 healer who mainly seems to heal himself now a days because the word “peel” is a lost art

Clandestu - (formerly Nickodemous) - there is only one clan but the 2nd tanks

Empire:

Tyranticus - enough said

Ty’zor - (Tyranticus rename pot5) - the ole Jugg!

And bringing her back - the merc with ugly skills - FUGGINGUGLY!

So, to answer your question: Is there going to be ranked popping on SF...yes...I will be there this season!

Not trying to defend the kind of people you're talking about, as I'm sure they exist to some degree. But speaking for myself, I barely play regs during ranked seasons when it's popping. Because it's not really popping much this preseason, I've been playing regs a bunch lately, but I always play objectives. I'll happily guard a node, run the ball, etc if it helps the team win. I know there are other ranked players that also play objectives, so it's not like we're all the same lol. People that number farm kind of amaze me. I completely agree with you that it proves absolutely nothing.

Kind of missed part of my point. Last preseason it popped a lot. Now these guys are in regs instead of ranked.

Kind of missed part of my point. Last preseason it popped a lot. Now these guys are in regs instead of ranked.

Last preseason popped a lot because of the crystals. This preseason there's no such incentive. If Bioware made the ranked boxes a viable way to gear or get tech frags, then it would definitely be popping. And it's true that a lot of ranked players are playing regs right now; my point was that not all of them are just number farming and ruining matches.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Last preseason popped a lot because of the crystals. This preseason there's no such incentive. If Bioware made the ranked boxes a viable way to gear or get tech frags, then it would definitely be popping. And it's true that a lot of ranked players are playing regs right now; my point was that not all of them are just number farming and ruining matches.

Yeah, gearing up in any pvp, especially ranked is a complete and utter joke. I think most dedicated higher end PVPers farmed flash points to gear up already.

I just figured that people played ranked for the competition and arena format, but I guess that’s not the case if they don’t play it without an incentive. Which begs the question, is arena and ranked a dead end now if people won’t play it without a carrot?

Maybe it’s time to reassess the whole pvp meta of what the players want. I would certainly love an 8v8 ranked format again, but maybe with a solo queue option like arena has. The other possibility is you make all the maps into death matches and change up the objectives to win them. Similar in notion to Hypergates or my idea for HB.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I just figured that people played ranked for the competition and arena format, but I guess that’s not the case if they don’t play it without an incentive. Which begs the question, is arena and ranked a dead end now if people won’t play it without a carrot?

Plenty of us do play ranked for the competition. But part of what makes it competitive is that there's elo at stake. I've explained this before. Plus, during the season I'm willing to sit in queue for a while to get pops, but there's no reason to waste that kind of time in preseason. Once the season starts, it will start popping regularly, probably more than the last few seasons based on the amount of ranked players that have come back to the game for 6.0.

Also, solos has been popping a lot on SF tonight. It's been quite fun.