Potential For The Adaptive Gear Vendor To Be "Fleshed Out"?

Ylliarus

One feature that I really love about the fleet is that we get an amazing vendor that sells all kinds of beautiful looking armor sets that previously were broadly available in the game but since KotFE and the dissapearance of the planetary vendors had dissapeared from the game's gear circulation. However, there are still a lot of weapons and armor sets (such as the Centurion Force-Master/Force-Mystic) that still are scarcely if not at all available anywhere ingame. Now, we have seen some of those sets such as the Omniscient Master or Savage Despot sets drop from Command Crates, yet they don't contain everything that we have lost due to the planetary vendors being removed.

So my question is whether there would be potential for the Adaptive Gear Vendor on the fleet to be expanded upon by either more items being added to it or if there would be potential for more vendors to be added on the various planets that previously sold the lost items on? I am not pointing this out as a suggestion, but as a genuine question posed to the Devs whether they'd consider doing something of the sorts.

I for example never had the opportunity to try and get the Centurion Force-Master/Force-Mystic armor set, yet I want it so badly because it is so uniquely and beautifully designed. The same goes for a lot of other gear sets such as the Dark Reaver Force-Master and Deceiver Bulwark / Pummeler.

So, in light of broadening character customization as pointed out in the Roadmap by Keith, would this be an option worth working on in a future patch? There are a lot of amazing armor sets even from the early days of SWTOR that are not available ingame but are very missed, I believe.

Edited by Ylliarus

It would be nice to have more armor sets available like they did with the adaptive gear vendor.

Maybe put a gear vendor on every planet with a themed gear for each class as well as modded cheapo's like the current adaptive gear vendors have. It would be great to see alot of those old sets come back and be adaptive so you dont have to worry about them being heavy/medium/light and not being able to punch them into an outfit designer because its armor stance is not what you can equip.

It would be nice to have more armor sets available like they did with the adaptive gear vendor.

Maybe put a gear vendor on every planet with a themed gear for each class as well as modded cheapo's like the current adaptive gear vendors have. It would be great to see alot of those old sets come back and be adaptive so you dont have to worry about them being heavy/medium/light and not being able to punch them into an outfit designer because its armor stance is not what you can equip.

Most planets already have those vendors with the Social Items Vendor on most planets.

Most planets already have those vendors with the Social Items Vendor on most planets.

But i mean specific for each class, jedi knight, consular, smuggler, trooper themed not just the fancy social stuff and slave outfits (which is a pain to get more and more toons to social X when you are already there beforehand).

Exactly, returning to those class-themed outfits would be amazing as we now get the very bland and universal Eternal Commander/Iokath gear that all look the same. I miss the unique designs for each class, that the Warrior has more bulky looking armour sets while the Inquistor gets more robes and mysticism in its design. It was such a great feature in the pre-KotFE era, but now Bioware seems to have abandoned that approach which really makes me sad :(

One feature that I really love about the fleet is that we get an amazing vendor that sells all kinds of beautiful looking armor sets that previously were broadly available in the game but since KotFE and the dissapearance of the planetary vendors had dissapeared from the game's gear circulation. However, there are still a lot of weapons and armor sets (such as the Centurion Force-Master/Force-Mystic) that still are scarcely if not at all available anywhere ingame. Now, we have seen some of those sets such as the Omniscient Master or Savage Despot sets drop from Command Crates, yet they don't contain everything that we have lost due to the planetary vendors being removed.

So my question is whether there would be potential for the Adaptive Gear Vendor on the fleet to be expanded upon by either more items being added to it or if there would be potential for more vendors to be added on the various planets that previously sold the lost items on? I am not pointing this out as a suggestion, but as a genuine question posed to the Devs whether they'd consider doing something of the sorts.

I for example never had the opportunity to try and get the Centurion Force-Master/Force-Mystic armor set, yet I want it so badly because it is so uniquely and beautifully designed. The same goes for a lot of other gear sets such as the Dark Reaver Force-Master and Deceiver Bulwark / Pummeler.

So, in light of broadening character customization as pointed out in the Roadmap by Keith, would this be an option worth working on in a future patch? There are a lot of amazing armor sets even from the early days of SWTOR that are not available ingame but are very missed, I believe.

Respectfully.....many of your threads/posts appear to want to re-engineer some cosmetic aspect of the game to suit you personal wants and needs. But it's an MMO with many many thousands of players with many different tastes and wants. It won't happen.

Honestly, there is plenty of choices on the vendors now. More might be nice, but not needed. They are meant to get a new character started (in gear that is historically class appropriate from earlier in the games history) .. NOT be the Walmart of armor skins. Interesting shells drop like flies from Alliance Crates and Command Crates and are cheap and plentiful on the GTNs because they are such common drops. Plus.. with appearance tabs, and the ability to accumulate so many different armor pieces with nice appearances.... you don't need pretty or popular skins from the fleet vendors.

Appearance tabs actually changed the dynamics and needs for adaptive moddable gear "for looks" completely some time ago. More importantly... there is a booming business in the player economy for crafted armor pieces (of all levels) that are used for appearance in the tabs, while players wear whatever junk with the appropriate stats for level they can get their hands on.

Edited by Andryah

Respectfully.....many of your thread posts appear to want to re-engineer some cosmetic aspect of the game to suit you personal wants and needs. But it's an MMO with many many thousands of players with many different tastes and wants. It won't happen.

Honestly, there is plenty of choices on the vendors now. More is nice, but not needed. They are meant to get a new character started.. NOT be the Walmart of armor skins. Interesting shells drop like flies from Alliance Crates and Command Crates and are cheap and plentiful on the GTNs because they are such common drops. Plus.. with appearance tabs, and the ability to accumulate so many different armor pieces with nice appearances.... you don't need pretty or popular skins from the fleet vendors.

Appearance tabs actually changed the dynamics and needs for adaptive moddable gear "for looks" completely some time ago.

If you choose to see it as "my personal wants and need" then that is your prerogative of course, but I am advocating for more appearance options for the community, because I hear from friends or people I know in the game they'd like to see more options, especially in the RP community. When I make a thread, I do this to raise this to the attention of Bioware and not to satisfy my own needs and wants, no, I do it for the community based on the things I hear and read on RP forums or ingame.

Really, we aren't given choices, people complain. People try to advocate for more choices, people complain. We are given a lot of choices, people complain. No one will ever satisfy anyone it almost seems. I am putting these ideas out for the community, not for myself, but for my fellow players to hear their opinions, to let their opinions be heard, to bring them to the attention of the devs. Not everyone is being selfish or thinking about their own wants and desires, there are also a few of us who seek to improve and suggest stuff for the good of the community. If you fail to see that then I am very sorry to hear that.

Edited by Ylliarus