did the empire lost without a fight o.O???? spoilers alert***

Assaultrooper

Just finished the battle of ilum fp... So what happens now??? I mean I can be the person that most hates the "to be continued" kind of endings but... Killing malgus leaves. Us the empire pretty much f****ed! The emperor is dead, malgus is dead, and many of the dark council (adding up the different stories) I mean we can kill the supreme chancellor and the reps can elect another, but u kill the emperor, and leave no one to unite the empire (in the sense of giving it purpose) and means no one to stop the infighting, etc... Meaning... Did we just killed ourselves????

The Voice of the Emperor is dead. The Emperor himself is not.

Malgus was a rogue Sith Lord who demonstrated little political ambition before now. Between the Sith Warrior, and the Sith Inquisitor, I think we'll be fine.

Edited by Kaskava

The Sith Empire is in a pretty bad state, but it's not because of Malgus.

If you look at most of the class storylines, the Empire classes are doing a lot of betraying and killing one another, while Republic classes are doing a lot of killiing the Empire. I suppose this is to get the republic "on its feet" after losing the last war. Maybe the Empire will stop sucking so much in later expansions.

Edited by Duradel

All of us already know that the Empire will be defeated at the end. Is the never ending story of the Star Wars: Jedis fight united against the Sith, and the Sith fight divided against the Jedi. Because having an Emperor doesnt prevent that every Sith chases his own goals. Not to say that for every Sith killed by a Jedi, there are two Sith killed by another Sith. It's hard to win when you are spending most of your time and resources on killing your "allies".

This is the main reason why in the greatest part of the history of Star Wars, the galaxy is ruled by Jedis and only at some moments for Sith.

Edited by Shaligal

Sith are less picky about who they let into the order though.

They can replace the losses. Also their training - I would say - makes for a stronger individual.

Having to best most of your peers, or die is a pretty strong motivator lol

But then again most things involving the Sith Inq/Sith Warrior are "Do this or die!"

I mean the Korriban story for the Sith Inq, your Overseer basically ends every conversation with variations on "Or die!"

Edited by CptBrit

The Voice of the Emperor is dead. The Emperor himself is not.

Really? Not the impression I got, although I'm not sure how all the class stories interact (do they all happen together?).

*Major* spoilers for the JK class story:

The emperor survives the JK story ending? There's several very major characters that seem pretty sure he's dead after you finish chapter 3.

In general I hate how some events from other stories "happen" in all of them but are never explained (eg the change in supreme chancellor by corellia - there's no indication why this happened to republic players).

Edited by depth_mil

Really? Not the impression I got, although I'm not sure how all the class stories interact (do they all happen together?).

*Major* spoilers for the JK class story:

The emperor survives the JK story ending? There's several very major characters that seem pretty sure he's dead after you finish chapter 3.

In general I hate how some events from other stories "happen" in all of them but are never explained (eg the change in supreme chancellor by corellia - there's no indication why this happened to republic players).

It's confirmed by the servants of the Emperor that he survives in their correspondence with the Sith Warrior.

As said, it's pretty much known that the Sith will never have a lasting victory. Now if the Sith could live by their code, and at the same time place trust in their fellows... well, the galaxy would be soon serving the Empire.

Huh, not too surprising I guess given how powerful he's portrayed as being, but it's kind of a do nothing campaign then :(

Thanks for clarifying.

Destroying the Voice of the Emperor is almost as crippling a blow as the Emperor. In the SW questline, it's shown that lacking the true Voice will create even more in-fighting within the Sith. As well as a lack of true direction.

Destroying the Voice of the Emperor is almost as crippling a blow as the Emperor. In the SW questline, it's shown that lacking the true Voice will create even more in-fighting within the Sith. As well as a lack of true direction.

Isn't that *trapping* the voice though so the emperor can't just assume a new one? From what I've read so far it dying seems like just an annoyance - what baras did was something else entirely.

Confusing character :)

Sith are less picky about who they let into the order though.

They can replace the losses. Also their training - I would say - makes for a stronger individual.

Having to best most of your peers, or die is a pretty strong motivator lol

But then again most things involving the Sith Inq/Sith Warrior are "Do this or die!"

I mean the Korriban story for the Sith Inq, your Overseer basically ends every conversation with variations on "Or die!"

That's not really true though. the Sith only grudgingly allowed slaves and aliens to be considered for training after they lost so many force-sensitives in the war. And even now no one cares if the Overseer conspires to destroy all of the acolytes in favor of his pet.

All of us already know that the Empire will be defeated at the end. Is the never ending story of the Star Wars: Jedis fight united against the Sith, and the Sith fight divided against the Jedi. Because having an Emperor doesnt prevent that every Sith chases his own goals. Not to say that for every Sith killed by a Jedi, there are two Sith killed by another Sith. It's hard to win when you are spending most of your time and resources on killing your "allies".

This is the main reason why in the greatest part of the history of Star Wars, the galaxy is ruled by Jedis and only at some moments for Sith.

I would just like to point out that we dont really know if the empire is defeated (Meaning the republic outlasts the empire) We aren't sure the republic of the movies is the same we are in today. Further there are numerous reference in the trilogy, and in the new clone wars series to exactly the opposite. Mace Windu: "The Sith will never rule the galaxy, AGAIN****", Plo Kun: "We have not seen so much destruction since the days of the Old Republic." (Hence there is a older republic than the one fighting in the Clone Wars.)

OH and why the chancellor is replaced in corellia?

My BH killed him ^.^

I'm kinda chagrined that the one person who was intent on saving the Empire from itself is now dead (Malgus) and with the "withdrawal" of the Emperor, the Empire is now left with nothing. At all. Republic definitely got the better end of the stick for story satisfaction. I mean it's just really demoralizing.

I'm kinda chagrined that the one person who was intent on saving the Empire from itself is now dead (Malgus) and with the "withdrawal" of the Emperor, the Empire is now left with nothing. At all. Republic definitely got the better end of the stick for story satisfaction. I mean it's just really demoralizing.

Luckily for you this is an MMO, and not simply KOTOR 3. Your story is not nearly over, you just have to be patient

Just finished the battle of ilum fp... So what happens now??? I mean I can be the person that most hates the "to be continued" kind of endings but... Killing malgus leaves. Us the empire pretty much f****ed! The emperor is dead, malgus is dead, and many of the dark council (adding up the different stories) I mean we can kill the supreme chancellor and the reps can elect another, but u kill the emperor, and leave no one to unite the empire (in the sense of giving it purpose) and means no one to stop the infighting, etc... Meaning... Did we just killed ourselves????

"The emperor is dead"

No his death was just a facade. What was killed was just a avatar.

Lore wise the war lasts around 1000 years. The infighting only becomes a major issue around 700 to 800 years into it.