Ridiculously irritating datacrons

ddayyy

Who came up with the idea of having Datacrons only accessible via some irritating lift or hard to get to ledge? When you have a bit of lag, it can be very hard to jump on the lift, since the character doesn't jump when you click on jump (it may take a second or two to register).

I tried a few times to get on the lift on Alderan for the +4 aim datacron and it's just stupidly frustrating. The lift is slow as hell, and it's very hard to land on the lift when you are lagged. Then when you fall down and miss the lift you have to wait an entire cycle for another try ... I gave up out of frustrating and left. Not a fun gaming experience.

Datacrons are one of the things I really dislike about this game. They shouldn't give you permanent stats, otherwise I'd have avoided them all together. Now I sort of "have" to get them if i want to be maxed out for raids. Silly and annoying.

Edited by ddayyy

Take advantage of the jump delay! If you press the jump button and then press forward two seconds(or w/e your rough jump lag is) you can basically do a running jump without having to run. Also remember when jumping onto small platforms that jumping at them from an angle increases your potential margin of error.