Average PVE HPS

Qendra

Hi guys,

Like the title says... what is your average pve hps in operations? I just cant catch the numbers of my sorc guild mate healer and i want to know if its because my class is a little broken or if it is because my friend is very good with his class.

I asked in merc forums and my hps seems very nice.

Thx for your help!

I'm gonna assume it's Revivification that's responsible. If your single target healing is marginally on-par, Revivification will put him way ahead of you in situations where it can hit several damaged targets simultaneously. I suspect on fights where it comes into play in a significant way, you'll see it squarely at the top of his list in MoX.

Kinda depends on the fight, to be honest. Unlike DPS, healing metrics are based heavily on your group's encounter strategies, and how good your fellow raid members are at not taking avoidable damage. A Sorc can pull ridiculous numbers (though not with infinite endurance) if everyone in the group is taking moderate regular damage and is stacking in a nice neat little group. A Sorc is somewhat less powerful at tank healing, particularly burst healing (an area Mercs excel at). Overall, HPS numbers mean a lot less than DPS numbers.

Kinda depends on the fight, to be honest. Unlike DPS, healing metrics are based heavily on your group's encounter strategies, and how good your fellow raid members are at not taking avoidable damage. A Sorc can pull ridiculous numbers (though not with infinite endurance) if everyone in the group is taking moderate regular damage and is stacking in a nice neat little group. A Sorc is somewhat less powerful at tank healing, particularly burst healing (an area Mercs excel at). Overall, HPS numbers mean a lot less than DPS numbers.

To add to this, a lot of the time HPS isn't even important, but burst healing when it counts. For Commandos/Mercenaries and Scoundrels/Operatives, they tend to be at their best when few targets are taking a lot of heavy damage, compared to Sages/Sorcerers being at their best when several players are taking light to moderate damage. No one metric can really adequately compare them because their fields of expertise differ significantly.

Ok... i will use another forums to ask this kind of questions :S.

Thx anyway. Please, close this thread

You will most likely get the same sort of remarks. HPS dips high and low so much, to get an average is very hard with the current log parsers. And some fights will have much different averages, so you might wanna refine your question before you ask it.

And just to beat a dead horse. HPS is meaningless. EH (effective healing) is the more important stat, and also having your heals heal the people or person who needs it when they need it is what matters. You can be a horrible healer who just casts a lot and have a decent HPS but your raid might wipe cause of it.

And I think we are all telling you this cause you are going down the wrong road if you think for a second HPS is something to strive for. It is really a useless stat and anyone who cares to know what theirs or others is is missing the point of healing. It wont make you a better healer or give you any clue how good other healers are from this stat.

Edited by Fraeblood

You will most likely get the same sort of remarks. HPS dips high and low so much, to get an average is very hard with the current log parsers. And some fights will have much different averages, so you might wanna refine your question before you ask it.

And just to beat a dead horse. HPS is meaningless. EH (effective healing) is the more important stat, and also having your heals heal the people or person who needs it when they need it is what matters. You can be a horrible healer who just casts a lot and have a decent HPS but your raid might wipe cause of it.

And I think we are all telling you this cause you are going down the wrong road if you think for a second HPS is something to strive for. It is really a useless stat and anyone who cares to know what theirs or others is is missing the point of healing. It wont make you a better healer or give you any clue how good other healers are from this stat.

I know that EH is the important thing here, but we cant calculate it. If you can do 2000 hps, that mean that you can, potentially, do 2000 EH. Thats why im asking for your hps guys...

I know that EH is the important thing here, but we cant calculate it. If you can do 2000 hps, that mean that you can, potentially, do 2000 EH. Thats why im asking for your hps guys...

Yeah I can understand that you could weed out slackers with HPS if it is real low and you are seeing issues with a fight or in PVP matches. I could see what mine is this week in EC and post later in the week for sheets and giggles.

• 9 months later...

Well, I'll answer.

From tonight's raid, based on MOX, TFB HM

First fight - Writhing Horror: 1965 HPS

Second fight - Dreadguard: 2615 HPS

Third fight: 1893 hps

We finished there. My average heals per second on a mob pack is 2100-2300 hps.

I'm tired of listening to people say HPS dontt matter at all. Absolute statements often have no value. In a way, it is true, because these numbers could all be useless overhealing... conversely, my overhealing could be 5%. I didn't go to askmrrobot and post them to see.

But if a member of my gaming community asked a simple question, I'm happy to give them a simple answer - WITHOUT clouding the thread with useless twaddle and dancing around the question while trying to prove they're idiots and I'm a genius because I learned one simple concept and I want to show everybody my shiny new toy like a 5-year old.

Just be helpful and stop being asses. If they wanted your EHPS, they would have asked for it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Indelaceo