Lost basic fight skill and block, in a fight I just stand there?

Redonaut

I'm unsure if this is a technical issue, or if I've done something wrong. But when I go to defend myself, right click and left click....no longer respond. I stand there and get killed. Unless I use some of my abilities using the key pad, but I still die. I'm on a server for some reason only have four people on it, they are all lower levels and cannot help. My server is Veeboo Lunx. I'm level 9 Consular and just really feel very lost on what to do now. Right now, the game is not playable. I thought maybe I had to repair, but that is not the case....any help?

I'm unsure if this is a technical issue, or if I've done something wrong. But when I go to defend myself, right click and left click....no longer respond. I stand there and get killed. Unless I use some of my abilities using the key pad, but I still die. I'm on a server for some reason only have four people on it, they are all lower levels and cannot help. My server is Veeboo Lunx. I'm level 9 Consular and just really feel very lost on what to do now. Right now, the game is not playable. I thought maybe I had to repair, but that is not the case....any help?

Every class has an ability that is a "free shot", meaning that it does not use up force, and builds it instead. This ability needs to be in your #1 slot on your tool bar. Right click always activates #1, and no it can't be changed.

I'm not sure what it's called for Consular, but if you open your abilities window and look at each one, you'll find the one that has no cost and instead builds Force. Drag this to #1.

I'm not sure what you did before now, but you should need to click (or key in) your actual attacks. If you're just using the main attack you got at level 1, you probably will keep dying.

Did you go to your class trainer when you gained a new level? If so, you got new attacks, and they should have automatically been added to your toolbar. You will need to learn to use those if you want to win a fight. Mouse over those skills to see what kind of damage they do.

There is no block skill, click, or button. Your characters sometimes block attacks, but that happens automatically (if the game engine determines that your toon blocked the attack).