Waiting for official Bioware response concerning the murder of SLICING.

imabeasto

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love when something OP is nerfed to a balanced lvl as other skills and you still have people post these threads. It was broken on release lol, all they did was fix it. get used to it.

It isn't balanced when the only thing it's good for (credits) is a net loss. If i got nothing from my other gathering missions I'd be just as upset as I am about the 'balance' of slicing. And don't even try to make the argument that the augments it provides are worthwhile. We all know they're not.

Seriously.

Stop posting this crap. I'm underworld trading and i have to spend the little money i have to gain 1 skill sometimes..... No one feels sorry for you. You got rich and gained maxed out your skill in the process, congrats..... it was bugged.

Gotta love when something OP is nerfed to a balanced lvl as other skills and you still have people post these threads. It was broken on release lol, all they did was fix it. get used to it.

if people would read a few more of these slicing threads and i actually mean read not skim over, they would see there is pretty much a general consensus that slicing needed a nerf. People just feel it went way to far and imo a spreadsheet that is posted on one of the slicing threads proves it. Getting tired of these holier than thou posts.

This is what happens when you go on and on about how overly powerful your crafting skill is. You talked down about every other skill, encouraged everyone to take slicing. You claimed it was the only way to make money and went on and on about how amazing it was.

Now it gets a nerf and people FREAK out about how it doesn't rake in tons of credits anymore.

Dear lord people.

I don't mind the nerf to slicing. It needed it! 500k at lvl 30? Yeah, something needed to be done. HOWEVER I do have two requests.

1) Could you up the mission drops a little bit (not too much, but a slightly reasonable amount. Say 1 mission every 5-6 runs)? You nerfed that along with lockboxes.

2) Can I please have bountiful - rich lockbox missions for the 49-50 bracket missions?

Edited by GreyTemplar

if people would read a few more of these slicing threads and i actually mean read not skim over, they would see there is pretty much a general consensus that slicing needed a nerf. People just feel it went way to far and imo a spreadsheet that is posted on one of the slicing threads proves it. Getting tired of these holier than thou posts.

Dude, no worries. I'm still going to do my slicing - I actually got the slicing skill after the nerf cuz I thought it would be cool to steal other people's locked safes lol. But from seeing all the "anti" posts out there, I've decided that all the rare and epic diagrams that are ONLY available from slicing will not be placed on the open market. Too many QQers ruined it for everyone else. These will only go to my alts and I suggest that the other slicers do the same creating a vacuum. ...Hold the financial galaxy by the throat...

Now you will see the true power of the financial dark side...

Edited by DarthSublimitas

Seriously.

Stop posting this crap. I'm underworld trading and i have to spend the little money i have to gain 1 skill sometimes..... No one feels sorry for you. You got rich and gained maxed out your skill in the process, congrats..... it was bugged.

This is the lamest "argument" yet. Every time I see it, I cringe. Nobody forced you to choose UW. It was your choice. You knew it would be a credit-sink when you took it. Those who chose slicing did so for the opposite reason. They were willing to pay your costs back to you on the DTN rather than have UW, diplomacy, etc.

But to the OP? No, you won't be getting a reply. People care more about why the game was down an extra two hours and why the time wasn't listed in their updates in GMT than what changes are actually made in gamee.

Edited by Msbungle

Seriously.

it was bugged because a credit making skill made credits?

**** me, better get scavanging, bioanalysis and archaeology nerfed quick then as they are returning metals, compounds and crystals.

BW, GET ON THIS NOW< NERF NERF NERF< I cant get crystals as I dont have archaeology, it must be OP, NERF IT NERF IT NERF IT.....

/pathetic.

This is the lamest "argument" yet. Every time I see it, I cringe. Nobody forced you to choose UW. It was your choice. You knew it would be a credit-sink when you took it. Those who chose slicing did so for the opposite reason. They were willing to pay your costs back to you on the DTN rather than have UW, diplomacy, etc.

But to the OP? No, you won't be getting a reply. People care more about why the game was down an extra two hours and why the time wasn't listed in their updates in GMT than what changes are actually made in gamee.

Yeah, I believe you may be right. What ever happened to the devs saying, from before the game came out, "Oh this is going to be a differnt game." "We are going to listen to the people." "We are here for you." I suppose after seeing all the money coming in from the subs, they became mute... Oh well, and here I was so naive to think this was going to be different from WoW or Rift...

And it's STILL more profitable than any other crew skill.

I read posts like this and it puzzles the heck out of me. I do very well with Scavenging. In fact, I send my companions out on Scavenging missions now instead of Slicing missions, because the profit is so much higher. Although, granted, prices for my resources have dropped a lot since yesterday, and trading seems to be light. The Slicing nerf is hurting the other gathering professions quite a bit, overall.

What are people doing that they can't make money with the other gathering professions? Are they vendoring to NPC? Trying to sell stuff without checking to see what is needed on the GTM? I would trade Slicing for Underworld Trading in a heartbeat, actually, so I could sell pieces of high end metal for 10,000 credits each.

Yeah, I believe you may be right. What ever happened to the devs saying, from before the game came out, "Oh this is going to be a differnt game." "We are going to listen to the people." "We are here for you." I suppose after seeing all the money coming in from the subs, they became mute... Oh well, and here I was so naive to think this was going to be different from WoW or Rift...

Look at their twitter page that's where they seem to be responding and not their own forums its like all the devs are working off their cellphones while sitting on a beach in the Bahamas.

Edited by myrken

they did listen to the people, the knuckleheads that thought slicing was op. the problem is they were to short sighted and too into throwing stones to look at the fact that every other gathering skill was almost as broken as the sentinel. seriously spend a few hours running treasure hunting missions for blue metals and see how many you get. the whole crafting system is an utter joke and the nerf of slicing proves they have no idea how to build a crafting system that rewards both the crafters and non crafters.

No offence, but you've had an official response regarding slicing.

It's called the V1.0.1 patch notes. There is all the information you need regarding BioWare's stance on this issue.

You sir are correct but Bioware should be concerned for the player base's response to the issue because were the people their trying to sell the product to who are waiting to see if they can unscrew themselves from a clearly not thought through motion we are also paying customers.

Edited by myrken

All you guys complaining about the nerf are either children or dont care about the game being as good as it can be. Yes I picked up slicing at release and made several hundred thousand credits by level 20 and will miss it. But everyone knew something had to be done. And like all MMO's when something needs to be balanced they did it in a patch. Did they go to far? Maybe. And if they see the need they will bump it back next patch. Thats just the way it works. All aspects of this game will be tuned over the next several months to try to balance the incredibly large aspect of the game to please the over million players. Now flame on cause all the real MMO players already knew this was coming and needed.