[Heroic 4] The Alchemy of Evil Bug?

Warrgames

I did [Heroic 4] The Alchemy of Evil awhile ago and in order to do Dark side you had to click the alter a 2nd time. I did this and got the Dreadseed Armor. Today I did [Heroic 4] The Alchemy of Evil again for Star Forager’s Jacket. The guy that won the roll for choice was Darkside and now I have another Dreadseed Armor. Is this a bug or is this just huge FU to people. That not only do you have to find 3 more people to do this but also find 3 people of the same light/dark. This is ***** up that I stuck with another Dreadseed Armor. Took me a week to find this group. By the time I was doing this chain again its going take me month to find 3 or light side people to get my armor.

I did [Heroic 4] The Alchemy of Evil awhile ago and in order to do Dark side you had to click the alter a 2nd time. I did this and got the Dreadseed Armor. Today I did [Heroic 4] The Alchemy of Evil again for Star Forager’s Jacket. The guy that won the roll for choice was Darkside and now I have another Dreadseed Armor. Is this a bug or is this just huge FU to people. That not only do you have to find 3 more people to do this but also find 3 people of the same light/dark. This is ***** up that I stuck with another Dreadseed Armor. Took me a week to find this group. By the time I was doing this chain again its going take me month to find 3 or light side people to get my armor.

Not sure why that happened to you, but I did it with guild mates and two of us went LS other two DS and we all got are respective selections for our choice.

If you want to get the Star Foragers Jacket you can not click on the altar.

Clicking on the altar is the Darkside choice, not what option you pick in the cutscene.

I think this was changed last patch.

•Uprooting the Last Seed (Republic)/The Alchemy of Evil (Imperial): Updated the Light Side and Dark Side options to be made when recovering the final seed on Ilum.

This happened to me, only the opposite. I was in a group with 2 lightsiders that won the roll. I picked DS and clicked the altar, but when we went back to the NPC on Coruscant we all got the lightside item/title.

I'm not sure what's causing it, the only thing I can guess is the separate instance for turning in the quest (not the instance for the heroic) whoever is the owner of that instance you get their choice if you participate in that conversation. The only way I could test it is to rerun it on a different char and I don't know when I'll get the chance again.

For what it's worth I tried sending in a ticket to see if they could switch the item/title and they were not able to. The problem is if they did the quest still flagged me for completing it a certain way, and that outcome dictates which other pieces you dig up on various planets. For instance, even if they gave me the Dreadseed chest, when I went to dig up bracers I would get Star Forager ones.

If you want to get the Star Foragers Jacket you can not click on the altar.

Clicking on the altar is the Darkside choice, not what option you pick in the cutscene.

After killing Lord Tagriss the quest says recover the last seed. Which means clicking the alter. Which is what I did. I got 100 Lightside points for completing it and the darkside choice armor. Thanks for comment.

And you didn't post this thread in the bug report forum because you don't really want BW to look at this?

Posting in the Bug area or submit a ticket DOES NOTHING. You get a copy and pasted message saying we are looking into and can not give you any further information. Its not hard to see hey he made the light side choice but was given dark side armor. Mail him the light side armor and look into the issue. CS that deals with bugs is either a bot with an auto reply or someone copying and pasting a reply. None of the bugs I have report have I ever gotten a real reply. This is why none of the bugs get fixed. Don't enter them into the system nothing to fix.

The main reason I post here is let people know that is quest is jacked up so they don't waste all that time doing it.

Edited by Warrgames

The exact same thing happend to me, only i wanted the Dreadseed but got Star Forager... unbelievably sad because i just spent the two last days doing the Seeker Droid/ Macrobinoculars quest line, which was fun, but in the long run a real pain.

I made one ticket and a bug report ingame, got the generic reply that they were able to do nothing on the ticket, still waiting for the bug report to be answered... :/

Man i don't know what to do without Dreadseed armor. It was THE reason for making an ALT.

it worked form my group, one went LS, the other 3 DS and we all got what we desired..... I wold have been mad if it did not, its a long path getting through the missions, to get to the end, you want your reward. Sorry to hear it OP.

this is what happened in my group as well, so this has got to be a bug. I would report it, OP and hope they fix it.

that said, we finished that chain before the most recent patch, so maybe that's what messed it up?

Edited by Jeweledleah

The exact same thing happend to me, only i wanted the Dreadseed but got Star Forager... unbelievably sad because i just spent the two last days doing the Seeker Droid/ Macrobinoculars quest line, which was fun, but in the long run a real pain.

I made one ticket and a bug report ingame, got the generic reply that they were able to do nothing on the ticket, still waiting for the bug report to be answered... :/

Man i don't know what to do without Dreadseed armor. It was THE reason for making an ALT.

Just goes to show how worthless CS is in this game. They aren't going to give you the reward you earned. They are going make us waste time doing it on an alt. Be nice to get a real reply on this if this is a bug or this is how its meant to be but we all know how CS is. I hope you guys are enjoying your 8hr break.

Edited by Warrgames

this is what happened in my group as well, so this has got to be a bug. I would report it, OP and hope they fix it.

that said, we finished that chain before the most recent patch, so maybe that's what messed it up?

I reported and like I said reporting bugs is pointless they aren't going to do anything about it. They fix it in patch 2.11.

Since we all know BW isn't going to do anything about this bug anytime this year or give people the armor that they earned here is a work around that I figure out after wasting 2 days grinding out this chain.

Let the group know ahead of time about the bug. When you get to the light or dark choice and the armor you are after doesn't win hit esc and choose to leave phase. After the cut scene finish everyone zones out person who didn't get their choice becomes leader. Reset phase by right clicking on your portrait. Leader zones in 1st. All you'll have to clear is some trash and make your choice and get the armor you want.

you picked the wrong option plain and simple... it was not a bug it was you being dumb. However because you are to stupid t realize you were dumb you simply blame the game. Most likely that comes from the fact that you were never held accountable for anything because your soccer mom made sure to tell you that you were always right and everything you ever want will simply be handed to you.

I love the forums when people have to resort to calling names and insult someone life. You need to simple grow up.

Kind of hard to have picked the wrong option when I got 100 light side points and the Dreadseed chest the dark side choice armor. As of patch 2.1.1 http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes Under Mission and NPC, Mission, Macrobinoculars/Seeker Droid Missions it says:

•Uprooting the Last Seed (Republic)/The Alchemy of Evil (Imperial): Updated the Light Side and Dark Side options to be made when recovering the final seed on Ilum.

So after killing Lord Tagriss the quest updates and says "Recover the last seed". Which means clicking on the seed on the alter. You are given 2 options use the alter for 100 dark side points or leave the alter for 100 light side points.

Since I walked away and received 100 light side points how am I the stupid one?

Mm, I clicked the alter. First time I walked away, then changed my mind after looking up the appearance of the Star Forger jacket and picked the option to use the Seed, but still got the Star Forger jacket after regardless.

why is people thing that when they screw up its a bug rather then them just being dumb?

Did you even bother to read all the posts?I got 100 LS points,meaning i picked LS option yet i still got dreadseed armor.

• Dev Post

Thanks for your reports regarding this mission and the associated fishiness where your light side and dark side choices are concerned. We’ve been working on a comprehensive solution to ensure that you receive both the Title and armor that are most appropriate for your character’s chosen side of the Force. These will be integrated into an upcoming patch, though we don’t have any definitive time frame yet.

What we’re doing first is modifying the mission itself for players who have not yet completed Uprooting the Last Seed (Republic)/The Alchemy of Evil (Imperial). The mission will still grant light side or dark side points in the conversation while recovering The Final Seed. Upon mission completion, players will be presented with a choice between one of two containers and can have either the Star Forager or Dreadseed armor and Title as the mission reward.

Secondly, for those characters who have completed one of the missions listed above and selected the light side or dark side choices, digging will be modified to allow for the desired armor and Titles to be obtained. Players will no longer be restricted to digging for gear associated with their alignment choice. Instead, both the Dreadseed and Star Forager armor will be available in the digsites and will be Bind on Legacy. Additionally, players will be able to dig up Bind on Legacy items that grant the Star Forager and Dreadseed Titles.

We appreciate your understanding while we work to get these updates implemented.

Edited by AmberGreen

It happened to me.

Got the cutscene, darkside points, and title. My reward was the starforge chest.

Turned in a bug report and received the correct item, the dreadseed chest. Went digging and received the starforge gloves, threw a fit, and gave up on that toon.