"Quick Play" error message

CommunityTeam

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

It was not mentioned in our 6.1.2b patch notes. But, those who were previously stuck in the Character Selection Screen with the "Quick play" error message should not encounter this issue anymore.

Let us know if you are still experiencing it.

Thank you for your patience while the team worked on this issue.

Edited by CommunityTeam

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

It was not mentioned in our 6.1.2b patch notes. But, those who were previously stuck in the Character Selection Screen with the "Quick play" error message should not encounter this issue anymore.

Hi There

Before I reset my pc and can play, now all the time "Quick Play" message. Can't play:mad:

Yes, this is happening to me. Just resubscribed today, it was there in Preferred mode as well and after going back to subscriber status.

I tried deleting bitraider several times, putting it on automatic in services.msc and restarting my PC.

Now I am trying re-installing and swapping to a non-streaming launcher, hopefully that will work.

Edited by Ainiv

I logged into my account and downloaded the update, and I was brought to the "Quick Play Screen" , I logged out and restarted and was able to play on any toon, i logged back out and back in and was greeted by the "Quick Play Screen".

I have not switched how I down load updates as was previously recommended. I have multiple accounts,I do play with my children and I can not switch between them unless I restart my personal pc after logging out from the active account.

10:38 still can't access any characters. Created a new character and I can play that one. In the upper right of the screen there is a "Game Download" display that is cycling but nothing is happening. It remains at 0,00

Hi folks,

Yes I am. My game just randomly crashed and on restarting went to the Quick Play screen and stuck there with no access to any of my characters. Never had this happen before.

The old steps that allow us to remove bitraider no longer works either (I posted about it a while ago) so that's not an option/workaround. It happened last week and I just quit the game and restarted it and the quick play mode disappeared. This time it looks permanent.

What utter pants it all is.

Does anyone have a step-by-step workaround for this that actually works?

Edited by Sarova

and still no mention from BW directly referencing the steps necessary to disable the bitraider system in the launcher and bypass its issue so that solution route is not lost in pages of responses, and players thus affected can get back to the game

NOTE: the process requires re-downloading the entire game

Con: wasted time re-downloading the data files

- tip: don't watch the pot boil /download. Find something else to do for the Hour+ it will take to reinstall itself.

Pro: you can play again without further issue

For reference (again), that link is:

EA \ Answer HQ English \ Games \ STAR WARS™ \ STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ \ Troubleshooting Guides & Info \ [Guide] How to Switch to Non-Streaming Launcher

Bonus Note: If you followed the above guide, bitraider is now useless and can be uninstalled.

This is not required, it just frees up now useless and orphaned files that would otherwise remain until the end of time (or at least the end of that comp)

- if you try to uninstall bitraider without deleting the folder listed below, it will fail with a false error that it is stil required for SWTOR

First, navigate to C:\Users\Public\Documents and delete the BitRaider folder

now you will be able to uninstall bitraider from the OS installed programs list without error

and still no mention from BW directly referencing the steps necessary to disable the bitraider system in the launcher and bypass its issue so that solution route is not lost in pages of responses, and players thus affected can get back to the game

NOTE: the process requires re-downloading the entire game

Con: wasted time re-downloading the data files

- tip: don't watch the pot boil /download. Find something else to do for the Hour+ it will take to reinstall itself.

Pro: you can play again without further issue

For reference (again), that link is:

EA \ Answer HQ English \ Games \ STAR WARS™ \ STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ \ Troubleshooting Guides & Info \ [Guide] How to Switch to Non-Streaming Launcher

Bonus Note: If you followed the above guide, bitraider is now useless and can be uninstalled.

This is not required, it just frees up now useless and orphaned files that would otherwise remain until the end of time (or at least the end of that comp)

- if you try to uninstall bitraider without deleting the folder listed below, it will fail with a false error that it is stil required for SWTOR

First, navigate to C:\Users\Public\Documents and delete the BitRaider folder

now you will be able to uninstall bitraider from the OS installed programs list without error

I can confirm that following the steps in the link above to stop/kill bitraider (which will result in a complete reinstall) works.

The first time the game loaded after the patch it worked. All subsequent loads go to Quick Play at the player select screen.

Deleting the .xfr files under the bitraider folder and reloading the game fixes it after it verifies.

That solution only fixes if for the next time the game loads.

I also made a bug report.

Edited by DashaAdair

Hi folks,

the bug remain. have to delete bitraider file and it work again

the bug remain. have to delete bitraider file and it work again

Dude, try what Owen has suggested. It works on both our home PCs.

(FYI, Owen is Swtors unofficial/official support over at the ea answers help site. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en)

Set compatibility mode on the game shortcut to Windows XP Service Pack 3 to resolve the 0% issue

It might be a good idea if Bioware made a yellow post to suggest this because people keep missing Owens posts in everyone one of these threads to get people to try this fix.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

did you try the steps that Kaveat mentioned?

Seems to have worked for a few?

No, I'm not keen on downloading all of it again. It's become a habit to delete the folder and wait for some time. Every few days I try without deleting it just to see if it's been fixed. I'm curious to see how long it takes them to fix such a fundamental thing as to START the game.

Edited by Zvzzt