Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://theflagshipeclipse.com/gallery/albums/upload/reference/revan/revan_all_views.jpg

See his cape? See how awesome it looks? Yeah. We need a cape. And that color scheme.

Exactly, not these stupid shoulder rolls we currently have. Makes it look like he decided to roll the cape up for extra shoulder padding. Maybe a toggle? And the hood doesn't quite have that diagonal slant over the right eye.

Are people seriously getting upset the hood selected off of the set doesn't cover an eye? Really?

This thread is about fixing revan's sets technical issues, not barking suggestions on what you feel the set needs to add on with. The top 4 of the 6 are what really matters the most. Not what we feel like "our kotor play through had" This is Bioware's Revan, Not the one we played in the xbox game.

1. Fix the Helmet clipping bug for male type 3

2. Fix the Chestplates double Hoods

3. Fix the Chestplates Light color bug

4. Fix the Lower Leggings brown default

5. Release the Classic Revan's Chestplate, Classic Revan's Robes in the Cartel Rep vendor

6. Release the Darth Revan's Chestplate (with a cape) in the Reputation vendor with the resale. (to make the people who want a cape have a cape)

If you guys seriously want a cape put on Revan's Chestplate so badly. Suggest a [Darth Revan's Chestplate] in the cartel suggestions thread to be put in the resale vendor as a new item itself So it doesn't interfere with people who like the current version.

Edited by Magnusheart

Fix. This is a thread about a fix. Not entirely new armor set... Besides I am 90% sure the last contraband pack will feature KotOR Revan armor. Just to annoy everyone who has one currently :)

Yeah, there's ZERO point to another version of his gear if they can't fix the current one.

And the bug that drives me mad: WHY DOES HE HAVE 2 HOODS? WHY DOES REMOVING ONE HOOD STILL LEAVE PART OF THAT HOOD BEHIND CLIPPING RIGHT THROUGH HIS 2ND HOOD?

• 2 weeks later...
Revan is so strong he stacks hoods for power!!!

I will pass this on for investigation. :rak_03:

-eric

Any word on fix in 2.0? I think we should get some information on this :) This investigation is very long :rak_04:

Maelstrom Prison Revan: http://jedisdiary.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/revan.jpg?w=291&h=300

I think focusing on Magnusheart's last post is best option :)

Edited by skomerko

http://theflagshipeclipse.com/gallery/albums/upload/reference/revan/revan_all_views.jpg

See his cape? See how awesome it looks? Yeah. We need a cape. And that color scheme.

Also, I'd like to see them fix the colors on his armor, and honestly, it needs to be a 100% match to that version you linked. Considering Revan is unquestionably the most prominent character outside of the movies, hopefully they'll be able to get it sorted, making sure everything matches properly and whatnot ^_^

This is a thread on about the actual revan set fixes and bugs from what the set used to be pre 1.6.1 in terms of color and the lower robe color fix and double hood bug. not requests and "I wants" and "Lets add this"

If you guys seriously want a cape put on Revan's Chestplate so badly. Suggest a [Darth Revan's Chestplate] in the cartel suggestions thread to be put in the resale vendor as a new item itself So it doesn't interfere with people who like the current version.

Edited by Magnusheart

This is a thread on about the actual revan set fixes and bugs from what the set used to be pre 1.6.1 in terms of color and the lower robe color fix and double hood bug. not requests and "I wants" and "Lets add this"

IT was quickly derailed, Bioware probably pays no heed to it now because of said derailment.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize. I most likely detailed this thread by pointing out that the double hood bug is not exclusive to the Revan's chest piece. It existed before that, before the existence of the Cartel Market, before the game went live, back to the stages of the early days of the beta. The only reason (in my opinion), this bug is being requested to get fixed, is due to it affecting Revan's chest piece. I do not want the fix for that one piece alone, but for all of them. I apologize if pointing this out turned this thread into a *I want list*.

I apologize. I most likely detailed this thread by pointing out that the double hood bug is not exclusive to the Revan's chest piece. It existed before that, before the existence of the Cartel Market, before the game went live, back to the stages of the early days of the beta. The only reason (in my opinion), this bug is being requested to get fixed, is due to it affecting Revan's chest piece. I do not want the fix for that one piece alone, but for all of them. I apologize if pointing this out turned this thread into a *I want list*.

It wasnt directed to you. Listing the other double hood bugs is fine. That was for people who wanted to add new frils like capes and crap onto Revans set instead of keeping this set solely on >BUG FIXES< NOT SUGGESTIONS.

Revan is so strong he stacks hoods for power!!!

I will pass this on for investigation. :rak_03:

-eric

Bump, Months later still nothing.

Chest still light grey, Lower robe still brown instead of black and red, and the infamous double-hood...

Edited by Magnusheart

oh man they said MANY things like the fights against one boss in an operation is not heroic yet they are doing it with every new operation and Flashpoint, they said that the Subscribers will always be a priority yet they slap us in the face with every lame update....

so dont believe what they say :)

Out of curiosity, is there a version of this without the...rolled up sheets on the shoulders or whatever they are?

Revan himself doesn't have them and looks great. So unsure why they are on the armor set that's supposed to look like what he is wearing.

Kinda makes me wish armor came with toggles that turns off the fluff pieces that sometimes make it unattractive (shoulder pieces, the rolled up bits on the shoulder of Revan's, things like that).

Out of curiosity, is there a version of this without the...rolled up sheets on the shoulders or whatever they are?

Revan himself doesn't have them and looks great. So unsure why they are on the armor set that's supposed to look like what he is wearing.

Kinda makes me wish armor came with toggles that turns off the fluff pieces that sometimes make it unattractive (shoulder pieces, the rolled up bits on the shoulder of Revan's, things like that).

The shoulder peices are part of the original set. Reason why Revans on the Maelstrom Prison doesn't have them is because they wanted the hood down, and it clipped through, so they removed the shoulderpads. While Revan himself does have them in the Foundry, His Holo, and the gear we get.

While ironically we are complaining of the double-hood syndrom Revan's set has now.

Edited by Magnusheart

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric

Wow. Magnus will be annoyed... Thanks for the answer but I seriously can't imagine how can any player be fond of Revan's armor having two hoods :)

Master Musco, please tell me there is hood toggle coming in 2.1 so we can dye other armor pieces into our Revan armor?

And not releasing classic versions is kinda unfair, considering all other pieces got them.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Terrible decision. Something that is broken or not working as intended should be fixed, period. You are going to potentially have people upset either way, so why not err on the side of making things right? This decision really makes no sense. I don't care much about this particular armor piece, but this sets a bad precedent for dealing with future errors.