Why all the British accents on Empire side?

Bazouk

It's because of the Revolutionary War isn't it?

Seriously, I hate my own toon because of his pompous British accent. It makes me not want to play.

Can we have "American accent" option please?

Edited by Bazouk

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because of the Revolutionary War isn't it?

Seriously, I hate my own toon because of his pompous British accent. It makes me not want to play.

Nah, it's because back when the very first Star Wars film was produced, the world worked in such ways that America always was the hero. Now, America hated the British (and still does), hence the Republic got American accents and the evil evil Empire all got (fake) British accents.

Again, Swtor is an American game, so ofc the Americans are the "good" guys.

Edited by TotalKitty

Nah, it's because back when the very first Star Wars film was produced, the world worked in such ways that America always was the hero. Now, America hated the British (and still does), hence the Republic got American accents and the evil evil Empire all got (fake) British accents.

wait, wat? o.O

Is this where i also make up random hillarious, yet untrue, reasons?

wait, wat? o.O

Is this where i also make up random hillarious, yet untrue, reasons?

Aaaaahhh, so that's why Americans doesn't want to re-elect Obama again, cause he's making the US a "New Europe". Goppeligoo!

Edited by TotalKitty

It's not british, it's precise. The imperials have always been associated with high society, pomp, circumstance, and arrogance. You wouldn't expect them to sound droll, would you? Also, if you ever actually go to England you'd realize how rarely any of them sound remotely like the accent you imagine when you think of them.

Because the IMPS in the original trilogy were british. The original films were filmed moslty in ENgland, at the Elstree Studios in Northern London. Theres a "Tesco" grocery store (big one, two stories!) store right nest to it now. You can see form the Tesco on the sound stage it is written "George Lucas Sound Stage".

I am happy with the British accents. I a m tired of hearing our old boring voices all the time.

Edited by chakkar

Because the Empire has always had English accents after Lucas used local talent for the Imperial characters in the original trilogy.

At least there are enough Scots to make me feel at home.

Edit: As for the British hate...

*clears throat*

The Beatles.

That is all.

Edited by Explosive_Lasers

or... british actors are cheaper. so they became the most used voice, and in the original trilogy, you hear more imperials speak, then say rebels.

The Empire comes off as a disciplined, well-organized force while the Republic is full of backstabbing, incompetent or just plain lazy people.

There's your reason right there.

Nah, they;re just better at hiding their backstabbs. It seems Empire has a whole lot more of that than repub does.

The Empire comes off as a disciplined, well-organized force while the Republic is full of backstabbing, incompetent or just plain lazy people.

There's your reason right there.

We talking about the same Empire and Republic, here?

Oh, I'm sorry, I just got done killing a faithful patriot of the Empire, who had served with pride, dedication, and loyalty for his entire life, and had won wars with his information. Because there was a Jedi that was about to get up in his business.

It's not british, it's precise. The imperials have always been associated with high society, pomp, circumstance, and arrogance. You wouldn't expect them to sound droll, would you? Also, if you ever actually go to England you'd realize how rarely any of them sound remotely like the accent you imagine when you think of them.

It's the imperious nature, which was pretty much perfected by the British.

My first taxi ride in the UK many years ago.... true story incoming....

Taxi driver: "your first trip to London?"

Me: "Yes. Say, how come you folks drive on the wrong side of the road?"

Taxi driver: "Americans drive on the right side of the road, in the UK we drive on the correct side of the road"

I LOLed. I got punked by the taxi driver less then an hour after landing. :p