Stronghold Decoration Suggestions

• Dev Post

Hello Everybody,

With Strongholds being released soon, the Cartel Market team is looking for suggestions of decorations that players would like to see in their Stronghold.

Suggestions can be general types of decoration like posters, chairs, lamps, giant missiles, etc.

Suggestions can be specific in game objects. An example would be, "I would really like the blood pool from the Blood Legacy quest on Korriban." (The more detail you can provide, the easier it will be for the team to track down the item)

Suggestions can also be objects not currently in SWTOR. An example would be, "I would like to put a Star Forge on my Stronghold's front lawn."

We are looking for any and all suggestions so please don't hold back.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by TaitWatson

I want to put armor and weapons on stands, not on companions, for display. The main reason for this is that I want the armor to appear as armor, not holos, when on different characters.

I want Treek rotating on a spit over a campfire. While we're at it, I want Gungan ears mounted like we mount moose antlers here on Earth, to mount over my mantle.

I want a garage into which I can place all my speeders, and I have a lot of them.

Actual Mannequins to put our tier gear on.

Companions do not work, first of all many companions don't even show the gear they are wearing, 2nd the old tier gear had armor types so a light armor wearer can not model heavy armor

These would look AWESOME in the hallways. They don't need any type of structure or anything underneath just something to hold the armor together that we worked for in the previous tiers to show off. Or even do some type of achievement list collecting the tier pieces to give the actual mannequin with the armor on. Whichever would be easier for development.

• Like 2

I would like to see a mannequin that I can place a set of armor on.

I would like to see a rack or display case of some sort that we can add a weapon or multiple weapons to for display.

I would like to see some other objects that can take pets or vehicles as an item, such as a cage for a pet, or some object/set that looks like a vehicle is being worked on. Think of a mechanic where your car is raised up and there are tools lying around.

Thanks

• Like 1

I have a strong feeling we will see 10+ dev posts in here on the first day of this thread, compared to the "Have a WZ idea?" thread. Which has sooooo many different suggestions and has been a ghost town for 3+ months. That communication! :rolleyes:

Hello Everybody,

With Strongholds being released soon, the Cartel Market team is looking for suggestions of decorations that players would like to see in their Stronghold.

Suggestions can be general types of decoration like posters, chairs, lamps, giant missiles, etc.

Suggestions can be specific in game objects. An example would be, "I would really like the blood pool from the Blood Legacy quest on Korriban." (The more detail you can provide, the easier it will be for the team to track down the item)

Suggestions can also be objects not currently in SWTOR. An example would be, "I would like to put a Star Forge on my Stronghold's front lawn."

We are looking for any and all suggestions so please don't hold back.

Thanks in advance!

Actually the blood pool is a good suggestion.

A scale model of the area where the final stage of TFB occurs.

In fact, a big room where you can place scale models of many boss-fight areas and arenas would be cool.

Such a "Map Room" would be especially cool as a feature on a guild flagship, so people can use it to explain the fights.

Probably asking to much to be able to place little character holos on the scale models tho ...

Edited by BuriDogshin

I'd like to see the current Cartel Market And From Elsewhere Holostatues to be available for display in the Stronghold, too (Dr. Oggurobb, Revan, Bastila Shan, Darth Malgus, Holo-Rancor (the really small one), Live Day Tree ...

Having Holo-Statues of the biggest defeated foes and heroes would be nice as well, like Holo-Statues from the Dread Masters ... Or Toborro ... Or Rycus Kilran ... Or the Kell Dragon (full size) ... Terror From Beyond would be far too big ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

First one I thought of: that AMAZING animated star map of Tulak Hord that is seen when one completes the final class quest of the Inquisitor on Korriban.

Also, many Coruscant and other 'urban' areas have a ground placeable that's basically a pile of scrap metal junk. While many players would choose a nice and neat Stronghold, I definitely want a lived-in feel. Do not forget the 'trash' placeables so we can make a proper mess!

Edited by ghoul_drool

Head in a jar.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/35ad14e71d88aabc4d3e2f86011a42a3/tumblr_n8h4slS4q31s5el2mo2_1280.jpg

That is all.

Edit: Actually, I've got more. Will probably update as I think about them. Mine are largely NPC desires.

• Blowtorch guy. Blowtorch guy working on an astromech droid.
  • Group of degenerates shooting dice.
  • Smuggler doing a relaxed lean against a wall.
  • Group of senators having a spirited debate.
  • At least one of every kind of alien in game.
  • Huttball athlete (i.e., guy wearing Frogdog or Rotworm outfit and carrying a huttball in the crook of his arm).
  • Various VIPs (e.g., Baron Deathmark, the Defenestrator).
  • Various other characters from the class stories (e.g., those criminals that helped you raid the Voidwolf's ship in the Smuggler story).
  • Slot machines. Functional would be awesome.

Edited by thewatcheruatu

+ Anti-aircraft cannons like the ones used on Tython during the Tython Flashpoint (just to feel safe of pigeons and stuff)

+ different Imperial and Republic NPCs to place, like Officers, Pilots and War droids

+ something like a fish pond (some version of the ponds seen on the Republic fleet)

+ a Holoprojector showing the Stronghold owner or one of his/or her characters (would be truly epic to walk into a central room and see the guy who owns a magnificient Stronghold as a holo statue)

+ a smaller version of said holoprojector showing just the face (like the holo busts used in the Senate Building on Coruscant)

BOth of your suggestions were great (blood pool & starforge) i would like to see a firaxan shark mounted like a bass think it would be sweet. Large galaxy maps like a star map or the ones on your ship id like one in the center of my house or war room to plot my evil plans. Operation dummies that your companion holos can interact with like pretending like they are fighting it or allow comp holos to battle each other maybe even using the stats they really have in which the holo can be destroyed (temporarily of course) operation dummies that have "skins" to look like various bosses such as kephess of terror from beyond on smaller scales of course but would be fun to fight those instead of the plain ops dummy. Creatures that you have aqcuired the bestiary for holo replicas probably or just mounted heads of the creatures would be cool as well.

that star forge idea you mentioned bioware is a good idea make that into a decoration or something

how about a statue representing the dread masters?

a model of the players ship would be nice

a rancor or even a marsh raptor skeleton would be cool

turrets

well that's all I got for now, what do you think?:cool: