Can we finally get a hood down feature?

Vinak

I think you all know this, but this was the HUGEST debacle back on beta and after launch.

All we ever got on this was that it was a "very daunting and hard task since it's not coded into engine and it's extremely hard to implement."

It's also very low on their prio list.

So my estimation on hood toggle is still hovering about, at earliest, 4-5 years.

The only hood toggle existing right now is the Relnex's chest piece and the chest piece you get as a Jedi doing the "Black Bisector" mission on Coruscant. There are so many sets of armor that have a hood down variant and they don't seem to want to release them in place of a hood toggle, for some reason.

I think you all know this, but this was the HUGEST debacle back on beta and after launch.

All we ever got on this was that it was a "very daunting and hard task since it's not coded into engine and it's extremely hard to implement."

It's also very low on their prio list.

So my estimation on hood toggle is still hovering about, at earliest, 4-5 years.

"Very daunting"

Take hood up model. Copy it. Modify it so the hood is down. When player toggles "Hood Down" swap models.

Other than having to do this to every different model of hoods, how is this daunting? Time consuming, maybe.

I got pissed off on my Jedi Knight because every freaking quest chest piece had a hood up until I decided to blow my money on some adaptive armor.

It's daunting because they want to give it an animation. The tech required for that is much harder to implement than just for a toggle, like the hide head slot one they implemented a while back.

It really isn't hard to animate that in. As previously said this is just time consuming, models exist, just need to add the function of up/down.

Would be great for those dark stormy nights.... ahh wait... no day/night cycles in this game...

Hood toggle really doesn't need an animation if you ask me. Sure, it would be the icing on the cake, but not something that has to be done. I mean, there's no animation when removing helmets, either. If it's just a simple "up/down" switch, then I'll be happy.

Hood toggle really doesn't need an animation if you ask me. Sure, it would be the icing on the cake, but not something that has to be done. I mean, there's no animation when removing helmets, either. If it's just a simple "up/down" switch, then I'll be happy.

Same, Id be happy with an automatic up down too.