Operatives, Marauders, Powertech - Total Nerf through Surge Nerf

Phyrexianist

Haha, healers use surge too (I'm a sawbones). It isn't a nerf to a specific class, just to a system.

That may be so; but you're slightly retarded if you think that Surge isn't better for some classes.

It favors tanks, it favors healers, it favors sorcerers.

Marauders, Powertech and Operatives are getting screwed again.

Not a nerf to damage. It's a nerf to critical damage.

DoT sorc will be fine.

Healers will be fine. (even the ones hitting 1million heals)

Tanks will be fine.

I love big crits and im happy they are nerfing it. Less damage is less damage, not only do you die too fast in this game but you do so while stunned most of the time. Maybe ill actually be able to play my character now.

I love big crits and im happy they are nerfing it. Less damage is less damage, not only do you die too fast in this game but you do so while stunned most of the time. Maybe ill actually be able to play my character now.

You will get killed by groups just the same as always. It just gives less skilled players more time to react, lowering the skill cap further. If anything, reducing the individuals ability to make a difference by spiking one of a group down. Pathetic really.

That may be so; but you're slightly retarded if you think that Surge isn't better for some classes.

It favors tanks, it favors healers, it favors sorcerers.

Marauders, Powertech and Operatives are getting screwed again.

I don't think you got my point, and please don't be rude. I'm saying that many healers (operatives included) stack surge as their 3rd stat. 10% isn't a big deal for the surge on just one crit. You'll be fine, I promise.

I'm gonna watch closely how this one is gonna pan out... A friend of mine pointed out that the nerf was needed to pave the way for further gear progression in the future... cuz atm you're able to cap it and then what do you do? This way once they release the new tier you'll be able to cap it again :)

bottom line it's a nerf to burst damage which corresponds to their initial claim that game won't be as bursty as WoW. I'm kinda happy about it. I never liked that 3 shotting thingy.

At the guy above that said it will lower skill cap cuz it will allow slower players to react:

How exactly does killing someone in 4-5 hits transforms into skill?