Jonas Balkar and Gaden-Ko As Companion Subscriber Rewards

arunav

Jonas Balkar is an SIS agent in the Trooper story, and was a great character generally from the vanilla game.

Since I believe Charles Boyd is particularly fond of the Trooper story, maybe he'd be more for making this character a companion sub reward?

Another option is adding a Voss companion, Gaden-Ko. He is featured in the Consular class story on Voss. We have no Voss companions, and he'd make a perfect one, a Voss mystic that became more open to outsiders and left the planet with the Consular.

I'm sure there are Empire equivalents so each faction is represented in future rewards.

Basically, I am bringing up a couple of options since we know Shae and Nico are being used again, which is fine for people that don't have them. I simply believe there should be new subscriber rewards, generally, going forward, so folks still gain a reward they don't already have if they've been loyal customers.

Bringing back unused characters from the vanilla game, ones who were well-written and memorable, as companions is one idea.

Edited by arunav

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I'm against your idea, though if they have to have subscriber rewards, imo, they shouldn't be something as "important" as companions. There are plenty of other things they can hand out.

Like a Vaylin companion? ;):p

I suppose they could re-run the HK items ... paint them silver and call them the HK-50 rewards? :eek:

Please. Who do I need to whore myself out to, to make this happen. http://media.giphy.com/media/BUDgE1gKWOD2o/giphy.gif

I'd also love that female trooper friend (idr her name atm) and Kai Zaikken (mostly bc I think Musco has been championing for him). Each four of these companions could well also get their own bonus mission, too, all of which I'm sure would be equally interesting.

-1 for Jonas Balkar.

+1 for General Var Suthra

+1 for Leeha Narezz and the Meedees

+1 for Lord Praven

+1 for Tol Braga

+1 for General Garza

+1 for Jace Malcom

+1 for Master Kiwiks

+1 for Baron Deathmark

+1 for Fleet Admiral Aygo

+1 for Revan

+1 for Jedi Exile

+1 for Grand Moff Kilran

+1 for Darth Marr

Ah, the trooper story, which starts out really interesting and then devolves swiftly into 50% of the dialogue consisting solely of yelling "FOR THE REPUBLIC!"

I don't remember the Voss guy from the consular story, but that's mostly because after Chapter 1 the story is flat out rubbish and about as captivating as watching a cow fart. I just went through the motions to hit max level after One.

Edited by Diefenbaker

I don't remember the Voss guy from the consular story, but that's mostly because after Chapter 1 the story is flat out rubbish and about as captivating as watching a cow fart. I just went through the motions to hit max level after One.

Totally disagree about the Consular story. Chapter 3 of the Consular is one of the best of all 24 class story chapters (and prologues). Though, generally, I've found people that enjoy the Consular story are more into lore than most players. So, maybe it's not for everyone, but I think all the class stories are good in different ways.

In any case, about Gaden-Ko: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gaden-Ko

Edited by arunav

That's a very dangerous suggestion--I'd do just about anything to finally include Jonas Balkar in my crew.

If it wasnt for Aric Id even have a Trooper romance him if I could!

Would settle for more making Aric jealous though instead :p

If it wasnt for Aric Id even have a Trooper romance him if I could!

Would settle for more making Aric jealous though instead :p

I would make 5 new Troopers just to romance Jonas, lol. He was my original and prefered choice while playing the Trooper story and though I fell for Aric over time and chose him instead, I still want my Jonas.

Of course, Theron and Jonas interaction would be a must. I got giddy at just the tiny bit of hinting at it during Aric's reunion.

I would make 5 new Troopers just to romance Jonas, lol. He was my original and prefered choice while playing the Trooper story and though I fell for Aric over time and chose him instead, I still want my Jonas.

Of course, Theron and Jonas interaction would be a must. I got giddy at just the tiny bit of hinting at it during Aric's reunion.

I romanced M1-4X, never looked back.

Jonas Balkar is an SIS agent in the Trooper story, and was a great character generally from the vanilla game.

Since I believe Charles Boyd is particularly fond of the Trooper story, maybe he'd be more for making this character a companion sub reward?

Another option is adding a Voss companion, Gaden-Ko. He is featured in the Consular class story on Voss. We have no Voss companions, and he'd make a perfect one, a Voss mystic that became more open to outsiders.

I'm sure there are Empire equivalents so each faction is represented in future rewards.

Basically, I am bringing up a couple of options since we know Shae and Nico are being used again, which is fine for people that don't have them. I simply believe there should be new subscriber rewards, generally, going forward, so folks still gain a reward they don't already have if they've been loyal customers.

Bringing back unused characters from the vanilla game, ones who were well-written and memorable, as companions is one idea.

No!!! No, no, no! You evil, evil person! I absolutely LOVE Jonas Balkar and I can't romance him NOW if I wanted to because I'm married to Jorgan! NO! :p

My old friend would LOVE to have Balkar become a companion, especially a romanced one. She'd drop Jorgan or Theron dead cold for a chance with him. And *sigh* I'd have to make a 4th character to run after Balkar myself cause I want him.

No cookies for you for making my life more difficult now! :p

No!!! No, no, no! You evil, evil person! I absolutely LOVE Jonas Balkar and I can't romance him NOW if I wanted to because I'm married to Jorgan! NO! :p

My old friend would LOVE to have Balkar become a companion, especially a romanced one. She'd drop Jorgan or Theron dead cold for a chance with him. And *sigh* I'd have to make a 4th character to run after Balkar myself cause I want him.

No cookies for you for making my life more difficult now! :p

I thought it was a good character to use. It's up to BW if they make your life difficult or not. I hope they do!

Why no love for Gaden-Ko? We need to see a Voss companion in the game.

Edited by arunav