Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVampirous
07.28.2017 , 02:16 PM | #621
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
You're on a roll today!
The idea here is to reduce the cost of buying a stronghold by using your investment in time to lower the overall acquisition cost versus paying the full pop with either Cartel Coins or credits. We thought, hey, let's try something new where an activity you'd do anyway, you could benefit from your efforts and obtain a key from a currency you automatically get by running the Flashpoint.

Unless we change it before release, 10x for Story/solo mode, or 6x for Veteran, or 3x for Master Mode will give you enough currency to buy the Key from the vendor. What I don't know, yet, is the reduction amount for credits or Cartel Coins. Soon as that gets finalized, we'll post it up.

Keith---
This is actually a really neat way to introduce a stronghold. Make it part of the story and the game play and have to earn it like other content rewards, with a reduced credits/CC cost to fully unlock. And the number of times to repeat the flashpoint being ten times (10x) story/solo to have enough currency to purchase the key is a very reasonable and doable requirement. This would be a great to see as a sort of theme going forward, doing content and such to earn reductions on planets where a Stronghold is present to acquire said stronghold. Sounds like a fun idea and looking forward to giving it a whirl.

Not to mention the idea of a moving train as a stronghold sounds brilliant so keep it up Keith, loving what you n the team are doing with the game

PS: Some of those requests for hints on if/when companions that have yet to return will be doing so would be awesome (especially Kira Carson and Mako and Ashara)
Impressive... Most Impressive

DarkLordSnake
07.28.2017 , 02:23 PM | #622
@Keith, thank you for the information, I am very very excited for this update to release! This Stronghold, I really hope will bring back some old memories, however, I'm still concerned on how it'll look mentioning the "Train" statement.
However, I think this stronghold will be quite unique seeing how we'll have to run the Flashpoint several times in order to obtain enough currency to obtain the key to it.
But I do have a question related to that, once we get the key to the stronghold, will we need to obtain several More keys in order to Fully unlock the stronghold, or is it just the One key that unlocks it and then you can pay for the rest of the stronghold?
On another statement, a new Vendor? Ohh, please tell me there will be some exciting Umbaran theme Decorations, or at leas the Umbaran Tank as a mount? I'd love to control that, we never got to see those during the time of Clone Wars Adventures, but this will be a truly new and exciting experience!!
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

Kurj
07.28.2017 , 02:40 PM | #623
Keith and Eric, thanks for the update. I'm still holding out hope for legacy UCs, but increased dailies is much appreciated nonetheless. The new SH sounds good too. I'm not a big PVE fan, but I'll be running some Umbarra for sure. Maybe that was the intention? Anyways, have a great weekend.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Elssha
07.28.2017 , 02:45 PM | #624
@Keith

You can never catch a break, can you? Hope you take what the posts say they want vs how they say it...

I like the SH idea, though it would be cool if after having to grind for the initial purchase you could have the option of either paying for expansions or grinding more currency to save yourself some credits. I'll go the credit route for sure, but It would be nice for pref to have the ability to fully unlock a SH without subbing, by filling groups, etc.

If the NiM ops offer substantial components (I assume to everyone, not something they roll on) you *really* need to make them legacy. Otherwise you're further locking us into not playing alts (which at this point should be the main toons needing gear). Legacy will also hopefully soften the blow to PvPers, who will probably not enjoy their gearing system bleeding into PvE.

dscount
07.28.2017 , 02:48 PM | #625
I love the TRAIN idea for unlock! That's a great new way for folks to have options to unlock.

Some concerns / questions:
  1. Legacy UC's? Hinted, but no confirmation yet.
  2. GSF feedback and any changes coming?
  3. I see GU 5.5 on several items (Is that a typo and supposed to be 5.4 or do we wait until cycle for 5.5)?
  4. If 5.5 - why so long to fix loot table on NIM boss fights (You guys should have done that months ago)
  5. GSF seeing any boost in UC's (So far the it appears to be a NO) seems very PVP lopsided
  6. Will the New Stronghold count for CQ Bonus? So I think its like 150% now and it would be like 125%?
  7. Any correction to Class Changes from 5.3? (i.e. Buffing the silly over nerfs)
  8. Match making in PVP/GSF? We going to see any improvements in that area?
  9. Double CXP or increase to Legacy CXP Bonus?
  10. Legacy wide CXP being rolled out by any chance?
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Mevan
07.28.2017 , 02:51 PM | #626
So is the new SH going to be available to guilds?

ivanhedgehog
07.28.2017 , 02:58 PM | #627
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Also, SIS Agent, Imperial Trooper, Force Adept (could be a neutral, non-factional class). There are opportunities.
I would like to see a neutral station that both sides can visit and have dailies/missions from that hub.

unibim
07.28.2017 , 03:26 PM | #628
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
I would like to see a neutral station that both sides can visit and have dailies/missions from that hub.
Ziost? Yavin?
Gravestone Self-Destruct button
Press in case of emergency need of referral link.

WTB [A Way To Change Forum Display Name]

Andryah
07.28.2017 , 03:53 PM | #629
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
The part in bold is important because it basically allows them to easily bury any revenue decreases this game is making (not making?) and not actually have to make them public because let's be honest ... such declines would be a drop in the bucket in this massive category over all.
EA defines Live Services as:
Quote:
“EA’s games today are live services — amazing experiences that we update and evolve to deliver ongoing fun that keeps players engaged, connects them to friends, brings them more content and grows our network,” said Andrew Wilson, CEO of EA, during an analyst conference call today. “This strategy has been at the core of our digital transformation, and today our live services are some of the strongest and most vibrant in the industry.”
This is a pivotal element of EAs future growth plans. As such.. they are NOT going to single out an MMO and show case it within their lives services model. Why? Because it is the big box sales that run after sale on a live services model that garners their largest growth in market share and revenue. EAs investor communications model has always been that of a large holding company, and as such they do not disclose specifics on each product or service except if it is a brand new launch, and/or it represented a material change in quarterly financial performance.

You'll know when SWTOR is actually "on life support" when you see them doing no more expansions... period.. full stop.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Seelvir
07.28.2017 , 03:58 PM | #630
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
[*]Umbara Stronghold – This is the most unique stronghold yet, as you will be able to decorate your own moving train.
Please ... please tell me that we'll have to defend our trains from masked bandits mounted on steeds of some biological or mechanical variety. We need a whole mini game where we ride Collicoid-Games-Esque turrets mounted on the tops of our Stronghold-Trains, and when we get overwhlemed and the masked bandits board, we dismount and defend the train with our sabers and blasters.

Rewards? I think a weekly crate with a guaranteed 248 sounds about right. A SELECTABLE 248.

Also, please PvP this too.

I don't think that's asking too much. That's like, what? A few days of development? At MOST?

Oh, almost forgot, guild stronghold trains can be used for guild-v-guild PvP for like a dozen crates of 248 gear per winner per week. That's like, a few extra hours of dev time.

I'm looking forward to this content. Thank you!

EDIT: ALSO, the reward crates should be delivered by a swooning companion of the player's choice. This needs a whole unboxing interface of epic companion swoonage, like the new unboxing interface you guys unveiled a while back. That's like another few hours dev time. Totally.
Delusions of Grandeur
The Satele Shan Server | Progression | Leisure | PvP

-- www.wehavedelusionsofgrandeur.com --