Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glower
07.28.2017 , 01:36 PM | #611
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]Follow-up on Bolster discussion - It was clear from the discussion thread that most of you would like to see Bolster go as high as possible, while still meeting our teams goal of having gear progression be relevant. We will be increasing Bolsters to 242 in PvP for GU 5.5 as well.[/list]
Thanks everyone.

-eric
Why 5.5 and not 5.4? How hard is to change one value (i suppose it's one, because it is logical, right? ) like you did back in 5.1?

Also it's only up to 242... and you still need to grind 3 tiers for months to get 248 in PvP. Meh.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

unibim
07.28.2017 , 01:36 PM | #612
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
What does "GU 5.5," mean? Are we getting the bolster change in 5.4 or not?
No.
GU=Game Update.
Read as no bolster changes in 5.4.
Gravestone Self-Destruct button
Press in case of emergency need of referral link.

WTB [A Way To Change Forum Display Name]

SithLordZach
07.28.2017 , 01:39 PM | #613

Follow-up to Master Mode Ops Drops - Based on your feedback from the discussion thread, we are planning to add Unassembled Components to Master Mode boss drops with GU 5.5.
I wanted to voice my displeasure over your most recent announcement on the forums.

You said that NiM ops will be dropping unassembled components in the future.

You are so far off the mark with what your players are crying out for that it is very frustrating and disheartening.

Only a very select few of your players are capable of running NiM ops. Those of us that devote our time to doing so do not feel as if our time is being adequately rewarded. Removing on-tier unassembled gear piece drops from NiM bosses makes NiM progression impossibly difficult.

Making the new drops components rather than gear tokens is just a slap in the face. It shows that you know what the problem is, but that you are unwilling to fix it. it shows that you care more about not upsetting your PVP players than you do fairly rewarding your PVE players.

It is literally impossible to gear a character for NiM last bosses without having to slog through PVP or grind up 300 levels of Galactic Conquest. It usually can take progression teams weeks or months to fully gear up a group when we are all vying for the same gear pieces, but your system and even the future system means it will take even longer.

Many of us have been playing your game since launch. I was a beta tester and have been playing it even longer.

We are begging you to please restore NiM drops to a single unassembled 248 gear piece token.

Please.

We want to play this game. We want to keep paying our subscriptions. Your treatment of NiM raiders is making us not want to play anymore, and we are amongst your most loyal fans.

Glower
07.28.2017 , 01:42 PM | #614
Also. Still no news about legacy bound Unassembled Components? How stubborn are you guys?...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

everclearisalive
07.28.2017 , 01:52 PM | #615
Quote: Originally Posted by Rockula View Post
But less than what? What is the price that is being reduced? If there's no way to pay full price, why are they using the language of a reduced cost?
Something in my brain is short-circuited.
Edit - i see it's been answered above lol.

I think it's "less than" buying as an example nar shadaa via vendor on fleet. So, (made up numbers lol) if nar shadaa was 1 mill creds to buy, the new SH would be half a mill with FP key.

The vendor that is selling the "magical, illusive key", must I assume sell other items. Please let it not be like Ziost or the manaan vendors. Honestly, make it worthwhile to visit them and have lots of decorations to buy, otherwise the vendors might as well just be "key drops at end of killing the 10th attempt FP boss".
I actually love how Rishi has the "vendor market square". Rishi is a great planet for design IMHO. All the vendors vying for trade, that felt natural and made sense. It's just a shame that nobody high level needs to go back there as few items are usable other than cosmetics. Possibly re-look at vendors on each planet and add a few items to make a repeat visit worthwhile.

Decidion
07.28.2017 , 01:53 PM | #616
[*]Follow-up to Master Mode Ops Drops - Based on your feedback from the discussion thread, we are planning to add Unassembled Components to Master Mode boss drops with GU 5.5.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
What?? Really?? Well honestly its a nice gesture, but if you guys viewed PVP gearing as you view PVE gearing, then those same unassembled components would only be given out to say the Top 10% of Ranked PVP'ers.

Typical unranked warzones aren't even in the same galaxy as MM Operations, in either difficulty or time invested.

Lionflash
07.28.2017 , 01:57 PM | #617
Quote: Originally Posted by Decidion View Post
Typical unranked warzones aren't even in the same galaxy as MM Operations, in either difficulty or time invested.
yo... pubside warzones are the most difficult content in the game

Ottoattack
07.28.2017 , 02:04 PM | #618
Quote: Originally Posted by unibim View Post
No.
GU=Game Update.
Read as no bolster changes in 5.4.
That is what I though and hoped to be wrong. You would not think adjusting the bolster 4 quality points is a difficult process.

RandomJoe
07.28.2017 , 02:10 PM | #619
So when can we expect an update on our missing companions? We could use more information in the next roadmap.

Ippotamus
07.28.2017 , 02:13 PM | #620
I was super excited for Manaan until I tried to decorate it. I'm not sure about the other servers, but the Ebon Hawk economy is completely out of control. It would take hundreds of millions of credits (not an exaggeration) to decorate it beyond the basic chairs and basic things you get from the vendors. So now here comes another Stronghold that I won't be able to afford to decorate.

It is so frustrating not to be able to customize our characters or our strongholds with all the damage inflicted on the economy: 30 million credit bronze armor sets. That fun little dance emote? 3 million credits and rising. Those cute little silver boots that would tie everything together? There's only one pair left at 60 million credits. Oops, no... now that's not even listed anymore.

I have no idea how to fix a game economy. But I hope you can find one. It is restrictive. It is frustrating. And it makes future SH releases as about as exciting as tax day.

Maybe increase the pace, breadth and width of your direct sales?
That doesn't fix the problem, but at least it gives me a realistic option.