Ranked Arenas

Cinerous

So what would it take for groups to queue for ranked arenas? I dont care about solo queues those get boring after awhile relying on bad pugs all the time, but group ranked. so many people used the excuse "oh we can't get eight people together to do 8 mans" well now the time for 4 mans has come and barely anyone ever queues. We had 4 or 5 groups going this past night, and that was probably the most ranked this server has seen in weeks. The first night i remember going against so many teams id never heard of, and it gave me hope that ranked would live on this server again, but 3 days after arenas came out, the ranked queue was dry..what happened to all those teams that queued up? Why stop? you'll never get better without trying...i want to try so many different comps, but when i finally get the comp online that I want to try, nobody is ever in queue. On pot5 we have arenas all night...why is it so hard on this server? :(

So what would it take for groups to queue for ranked arenas?

You're killing me man... :confused: Our guild tries to que almost every night without a pop and whenever we ask if Unicorns are queing we get the same answers you just listed. We transferred our main imp team to POT5 last night but we're more than happy to play you guys on our alts. Just let us know when and we'll get a group on.

You are on a PvE server so during the weeks most teams of the better guilds are raiding during their available gaming time, and pvp is a secondary objective for those teams if they even pvp at all. The time it takes to manage each gear set and is a great deal of time that most people dont have, thus why they have PvP and PvE servers. Then add ego factor, most pve'ers don't want do get curbstomped by seasoned pure pvp'ers :p This server has never had a healthy ranked que, aside from the first few weeks of ranked 8/4 Edited by dego-harmonium

You are on a PvE server so during the weeks most teams of the better guilds are raiding during their available gaming time, and pvp is a secondary objective for those teams if they even pvp at all. The time it takes to manage each gear set and is a great deal of time that most people dont have, thus why they have PvP and PvE servers. Then add ego factor, most pve'ers don't want do get curbstomped by seasoned pure pvp'ers :p This server has never had a healthy ranked que, aside from the first few weeks of ranked 8/4

the only difference between pvp and pve servers is the ability to turn on/off one's pvp flag. more elite pvpers will naturally drift that way, but there are pvp guilds on pve servers and pve guilds on pvp servers. I agree with everything else, more or less. the fact of the matter, however, is that regs pop non-stop. so "we're raiding" is a white herring. I think you're correct about the ego. god knows I have no desire to play the same team 5-10 times in a row.

Krack at the end of the day the player base of this game continues to show it has little interest in ranked PvP for whatever reason, mostly because IMO Bioware failed to provide players with actual rewards for increasing their rank, they should add 2-3 sets of gear and a few mounts for tiers in your ELO ranking and I think folks would q up a bit more.

Also most of the progression PvE'ers worth playing are actually busy raiding most nights, My group for instance does a clean up/com run raid on Monday, raid Tues, off wed, raid Thurs, Fri/Sat out, Sunday com run, and out of my team about 3/8 of them PvP casually

Yeah, VM has given up on having a PvP team (I was the PvP officer, so it's my fault for not recruiting). I have a couple guildies that still run, but if we ever have 4 PvP'ers on at the same time, it's when we have our guild meeting. As such, I'm always willing to join others if I've not committed to raiding or something.

On a related note, it's kinda hilarious when I run a flashpoint. I think some of my guildies don't believe me when I say I've never run certain ones before (and I've never run any more than once).

This server has just shown it doesn't want to do ranked every night, your best bet is to reroll or xfer a character to a PVP server. I can kinda get the PVE'rs raiding argument but when you see that there are tons of people farming regular comms all day long that don't ever step into rank you see the real problem. There isn't enough of an incentive for people to step into ranked and learn a totally new style of play, even though the comms come much faster.

We raid 1 maybe 2 nights a week and then pvp the rest, but some people just don't like the pvp aspect. Like Revelation we moved an imp team over to Pot5, but will gladly play here with our pubs if it starts up again.

This server has just shown it doesn't want to do ranked every night, your best bet is to reroll or xfer a character to a PVP server. I can kinda get the PVE'rs raiding argument but when you see that there are tons of people farming regular comms all day long that don't ever step into rank you see the real problem. There isn't enough of an incentive for people to step into ranked and learn a totally new style of play, even though the comms come much faster..

yeah. I mean...the "we're busy raiding" applies to plenty of (good) ppl, but in spite of that, a TON of ppl are still PVPing non-stop. they just want nothing to do with rated. and if the "good players" are busy PVEing, then isn't that MORE (not less) incentive for said reg PVPers to run rated since the elites aren't there to stomp them? And even if elite PVPers ARE in the queue, hop into solo so they can't stack a team against you. no. wait. they'll refuse to run solo. yeah. there's no win. and yeah. it's pretty much ego in both cases. rewards and non x-server and all of that too. so on and so forth.

Edited by foxmob

Before out MT left for vacation we tried to queue almost every night.... the only people that we see q up were Revelation. Only team that stayed after a loss or two... Revelation. If the four of us are on we try and queue... but we can't be on every night due to one of players being far far away and in grad school.

Shout out to Revelation. Sad to see them go... maybe our sage isn't lol

Reading through the forums for all of the US servers and the PvP forums it would seem that the interest in PvP is actually rather low except on POT5 and maybe Bastion. Still, the over all player base, game wide, seems focused on PvE and PvE endgame. With JC being a PvE server, most people are here because they either don't care for PvP or they want a casual PvP experience. Reason #1 ranked PvP and PvP in general on JC is not overly popular.

Ranked Arena's never took off on JC, I mean 4x4's were popular for a couple weeks, but the quality of people in end-game PvP on JC was pretty bad in the past. The one time I que'ed for ranked I vowed I would never go into another ranked arena ever again. The poor attitudes and egotists that I encountered that night made me decide to never PvP post lvl 54 ever again. The JC PvP population had so many unsavory people in it...

People don't like to be treated like crap, people don't like to spend their "fun" time being talked to and treated the way the PvP'ers on JC were treating people. This is the 2nd reason our server has poor PvP turn out.

Many of the poor attitudes are leaving, yes our PvP quality has significantly diminished. Oh well, I will take good people who are "sub-par" PvP'ers over complete jerks who are the best PvP'ers on a PvE server...

If you Truely want to get Ranked PvP going on this server, start recruting in the forums, general chat, and reg's pvp chat. Most importantly treat others with respect, this game is supposed to be FUN if you are acting like jerks in PvP then you killed the fun and people aren't going to Que with you anymore.

I personally like PvP, Lowbie, Mids and End-game, I'm not a elite PvP'er... Not even close, but I enjoy PvP. If the jerks leave or keep their mouths in check I would start queing again and I think many other people would too. As long as the atmosphere is unfriendly toward those not viewed as elite, PvP on JC will continue to be stagnant

Reading through the forums for all of the US servers and the PvP forums it would seem that the interest in PvP is actually rather low except on POT5 and maybe Bastion. Still, the over all player base, game wide, seems focused on PvE and PvE endgame. With JC being a PvE server, most people are here because they either don't care for PvP or they want a casual PvP experience. Reason #1 ranked PvP and PvP in general on JC is not overly popular.

Ranked Arena's never took off on JC, I mean 4x4's were popular for a couple weeks, but the quality of people in end-game PvP on JC was pretty bad in the past. The one time I que'ed for ranked I vowed I would never go into another ranked arena ever again. The poor attitudes and egotists that I encountered that night made me decide to never PvP post lvl 54 ever again. The JC PvP population had so many unsavory people in it...

People don't like to be treated like crap, people don't like to spend their "fun" time being talked to and treated the way the PvP'ers on JC were treating people. This is the 2nd reason our server has poor PvP turn out.

Many of the poor attitudes are leaving, yes our PvP quality has significantly diminished. Oh well, I will take good people who are "sub-par" PvP'ers over complete jerks who are the best PvP'ers on a PvE server...

If you Truely want to get Ranked PvP going on this server, start recruting in the forums, general chat, and reg's pvp chat. Most importantly treat others with respect, this game is supposed to be FUN if you are acting like jerks in PvP then you killed the fun and people aren't going to Que with you anymore.

I personally like PvP, Lowbie, Mids and End-game, I'm not a elite PvP'er... Not even close, but I enjoy PvP. If the jerks leave or keep their mouths in check I would start queing again and I think many other people would too. As long as the atmosphere is unfriendly toward those not viewed as elite, PvP on JC will continue to be stagnant

The reason some people are jerks, is they can't believe some of the things sup par players do that go against common sense...if people would actually start listening instead of going off half cocked and getting their back sides handed to them, possibly think about the action they are performing, Is what I'm about to do help or hender my team...is breaking that cc the right move or not...simple things...then alot of the pvpers wouldnt get so upset...I personally cant stand pve its boring..but I expect to get yelled at if I stand in the aoe damage of doom...same goes in pvp some of us take it serious..just like pve guilds take pve serious..and we can't phantom how some people do 50k damage in a 55 warzone..or go out of their way to break a cc on a guy while one of our guys is capping..thus being stopped for no reason...In closing , if you had any common sense you wouldnt get yelled at.

A few of us in <Busta Squad> over on pub side have recently been "hosting" some solo ranked pvp a couple times now and I think the plan is to keep doing these since the interest within our guild is high (plus we like to give each other crap in mumble XD). Yesterday for example, we formed an ops group with 10 ppl (mostly guildies) and all solo queued and encouraged ppl in /pubpvp channel to solo queue when we were. This way people could 1. get games without waiting endlessly in queue and 2. be a more fair fight because we didn't want to stack teams. Last night I know we saw a few familiar faces like Iolus, Going, Frosaber, Dr'on, and Monala and we saw a number of people I never heard of but did fairly well. I know our guildies had a blast win or lose so we definitely want to continue this for as long as possible and encourage other ppl to queue.

Sadly we don't have a set schedule of when we plan to do these and for how long we do it. They are more or less on the fly so your best bet is to check /pubpvp where I'll announce when we do these. I know yesterday we started at around 9pm EST and stopped around 1130pm EST but I think a few more ppl not in guild kept queueing which is always a good thing. And when we did this Sunday night we went from around 8pm-2am. If I can I'll hop over to imp side to encourage ppl to queue over there. (You've been slacking Klin :p)

Let the party begin!!!

But in all seriousness someone above me said it best. Pvp unlike pve does not have a script.... BUT there are things you just don't do or have to do in both areas of the game.

1. Don't stand in the fire or AOE.... if its on the ground and it isn't yellow or purple.... don't stand there.

2. Don't break CC.....

3. Always follow the kill order

4. Wear the appropriate gear

I wonder if I went into an operation, how would I be treated if I stood in the fire, broke CC, didn't follow the kill order, and didn't wear my uber pve gear?

So please queue up. It really isn't that hard.

Edited by Iolus

My time and interest in the game have both gone done a lot lately, haven't done more than my pvp daily(if that) in about a month :(

Might start solo quein more if I can, meh.

Leaderboards seem cool, don't know why it isn't sorted by server but hey it's bioware. good luck and have fun.

/semi irrelevant post.

I agree that people need to do the right things in PvP just as they need to do the right tings in PvE. I also agree that if you aren't doing the right thing you should expect to be corrected. Breaking CC's and ignoring target markers is never acceptable. Gear is important too, but only to a point.

These points are lost on no one, not even the people getting cussed out in every WZ. They just don't know what "right looks like" your common scene tactics are often brand new concepts to that person you are chewing out. PvP is, for the most part, very different from PvE and some people don't understand that. The bulk of a persons SWTOR experience coming into a WZ is often going to be fighting trash mobs that (compared to a live player) don't fight back.

I have always used PvP to help me lvl, break the monotony of stagnate endgame content or just for a little fun. It has been a very long time since I have been the target of someones frustration in PvP, but I don't like to watch other people get treated like crap either.

Do you truly want a good, strong PvP community? Then be good people and call out the jerks for being jerks and help the noobs to learn what right looks like. This is a game, not a job and many people don't think any of it should be "taken seriously." Be respectful, and helpful. Stop cussing people out.

You will get more people to PvP if you show them the way.

1. Don't stand in the fire or AOE.... if its on the ground and it isn't yellow or purple.... don't stand there.

2. Don't break CC.....

3. Always follow the kill order

4. Wear the appropriate gear

I think number 4 is the only universal on that list.

Shout outs to the Republic Gentlemen and Unicorn Stampede ranked teams tonight. Very solid games all around :) Matches definitely got more intense as the night went on. Hope to see you guys around again! Also glad that JC is on the leaderboard with lots of strong entries from multiple guilds.

A group of us from various guilds on the Imp side have been regularly queing solo ranked around lunch time or thereabouts (noon-2pm Central) on weekdays. It's nothing formal, but there are usually at least 8 of us. If we don't have the right roles for an instapop, someone will switch to an alt or we'll recruit on fleet. If everyone shows, I can get in at least 5-6 arenas before I have to go back to work.

We've run into some pretty hardcore Pub cats as well (some guy who doesn't know how to spell "Wisconsin"?). If you've got time to kill over lunch, feel free to join us. We're all competitive and working to improve (not casuals), but there's not a lot of attitude, except maybe trash talking the other team before the arena start ;)

Edited by DainjaMouz