Chapter 1 - The hunt

shygarde

I do know a chapter 1 can also be sourced from the terminal on the ship and was meant to be the starting mission, however , make sure you complete or abandon this chapter 1 , if you try to run another chapter and this chapter 1 still exists , companions needed for the other chapter wont appear.

I do know a chapter 1 can also be sourced from the terminal on the ship and was meant to be the starting mission, however , make sure you complete or abandon this chapter 1 , if you try to run another chapter and this chapter 1 still exists , companions needed for the other chapter wont appear.

I've noticed that "The Hunt" is available on my ship's mission terminal (but not as purple) for characters who have already done it normally. (No, I didn't take it, but why is it even there?)

Trying to keep spoilers out because idk how to do the spoiler tags.

Write the text you want to hide, select it, then click the little gear icon in the tools above the edit window.

And when you completed it, did you get thrown directly into Chapter II? If so, you'll have Chapter II instead. In that case, follow the other advice: abandon it.

• 2 months later...

So was there any solution or work-a-round for this issue yet? Or any official word or acknowledgement from BIOWARE about it?

I just finished ALL Chapters (KOTFE & KoET) and have the same problem as everyone else, in that aboard my ship it has the purple icon to click/take 'Chapter 1: The Hunt' even though i've obviously already done that Chapter like 2 years ago or whatever. (it also gives me 'Fractured Alliances: Forgotten World' clicky option too, but i haven't clicked it yet so plz no *spoilers* ! )

I seem to have all of my appropriate Companions though, so that's at least good. And i haven't clicked anything, since it seems like another poster earlier in this thread said that was a huge mistake. :eek:

Edited by Nee-Elder
more info

(it also gives me 'Fractured Alliances: Forgotten World' clicky option too, but i haven't clicked it yet so plz no *spoilers* ! )

1. Leave the spurious Chapter I: The Hunt alone. It won't do any harm in there, but weird things might happen if you pick it.

2. The Fractured Alliances thing is the follow-on to KotET. It takes place some unspecified time after the end of Chapter IX. If you are one of the classes with a recent companion return (Ashara / Andronikos / Corso / Risha), their alerts should be done *before* you do Fractured Alliances because that's what the chronology says.

If you are one of the classes with a recent companion return (Ashara / Andronikos / Corso / Risha), their alerts should be done *before* you do Fractured Alliances because that's what the chronology says.

ugh , i ended up starting 'Fractured Alliances' a couple hours ago and of course i still have a ton of those 'alerts' still listed un-done.

Darnit. Any suggestions? or will my companions "order" be perma-bugged now u think?

Edited by Nee-Elder

ugh , i ended up starting 'Fractured Alliances' a couple hours ago and of course i still have a ton of those 'alerts' still listed un-done.

Darnit. Any suggestions? or will my companions "order" be perma-bugged now u think?

There is one specific bug that I won't spoilerfy for you, concerning romances, but it only bites you if you run the Crisis on Umbara story. If you reromance an old class companion AFTER romancing a KotFE companion, then you get a mission to break up with the KotFE companion ("Things Left Unsaid"). If you finish all three parts of the post-KotET story, then some of those alerts will give you a broken version of this mission even if you never touched the KotFE companions, and it can't be completed. And there are specific reasons why you might *genuinely* get the mission and be unable to complete it due to the disappearance of a companion whose identity is by now well-known.

EDIT: but that disappearance happens during Crisis on Umbara, so do those alerts before doing CoU.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

There is one specific bug that I won't spoilerfy for you,

EDIT: but that disappearance happens during Crisis on Umbara, so do those alerts before doing CoU.

Okay thanks, will do!

I really appreciate the info & intel btw, especially without *spoilers* :D

./tiphat