DPS:

- Vengeance Juggernaut (myself)

- Arsenal BH (x2)

- Annih Marauder

Healers:

- Operative

- Bounty Hunter

(Armor debuffs op?)

We didn't really need to resort to any MAJOR hijinks to deal with the damage, while members of the raid did take damage ticks outside the purple area (a bug that really DOES need a fix), popping defensive cds and medpacks mitigated the brunt of the damage that we took. When he got near 60% our marauder popped predation and we sprinted out. No fancy AoE healing or Sorc pulls or sniper bubbles nonsense, it was all about maintaining game sense. and keeping on your toes.

I meant in 16, but its nice to know someone has.

The problem there, is that you have zero Sorc/Sages. The lowest armor/health pool class in the game, without a real defensive cooldown.

I meant in 16, but its nice to know someone has.

The problem there, is that you have zero Sorc/Sages. The lowest armor/health pool class in the game, without a real defensive cooldown.

The thing about that damage is, outside of tanks, there is no damage after the fact. So if you think about it, it may be possible as long as healers aren't stuck with the mentality that people need to be topped off. If you can manage to heal the damage, and have the entire raid sitting low but still alive - you'll win. Though I'm not really sure why you wouldn't have snipers, they're pretty good lol. Shields op!

I know snipers are great to have but Bioware should not pigeon-hole people into particular raid compositions to be able to clear their content, its not really easy to have one of your geared raiders drop for someone new or an alt just to clear content.

I know snipers are great to have but Bioware should not pigeon-hole people into particular raid compositions to be able to clear their content, its not really easy to have one of your geared raiders drop for someone new or an alt just to clear content.

Well right, but they can't plan their bugs around being fair to raid comp. It is a bug afterall, we're just letting people know there is a workaround available. Obviously it needs to be fixed, and it's not some devious plot by Bioware to have people recruit more snipers. (It shouldn't be, anyway <_<)

Well right, but they can't plan their bugs around being fair to raid comp. It is a bug afterall, we're just letting people know there is a workaround available. Obviously it needs to be fixed, and it's not some devious plot by Bioware to have people recruit more snipers. (It shouldn't be, anyway <_<)

In total agreement about the bug needing to be fixed but Bioware will drag their feet on this and NM will be ever closer with more people cheated by bugs then be left out in the cold from lack of gear. The result though is much like with Zorn and Toth for my guild, I was forced off my marauder on to my sniper and now will be forced back till the bug is fixed, hopefully with all due haste(lol Bioware cares about 8man raiding) :confused:

Bottom Line: It's still bugged!:mad:

It's obvious that when he puts down the big huge purple circle and pulls the raid in, the intended mechanic is to run out of it to avoid the AOE. Currently though, even if you're well outside of the purple circle, you get hit by it.

Now the question is, why in the world has it taken so long to fix this? It seems like

a) It should be an easy fix - simply change one number in the code (the range of the aoe)

b) Why is this not the top of the priority list seeing as it's really the only end game content right now?

Bottom Line: It's still bugged!:mad:

It's obvious that when he puts down the big huge purple circle and pulls the raid in, the intended mechanic is to run out of it to avoid the AOE. Currently though, even if you're well outside of the purple circle, you get hit by it.

Now the question is, why in the world has it taken so long to fix this? It seems like

a) It should be an easy fix - simply change one number in the code (the range of the aoe)

b) Why is this not the top of the priority list seeing as it's really the only end game content right now?

Mostly because the average subscriber hasn't even stepped into EC as of right now. Raiders just aren't at the top of the totem pole when it comes to bugfixes, that's just the way of the MMO now. They've become such a candyland jaunt that anyone that can move a mouse and use WASD can play them. This means the devs have to cater to them.

My guild, Furious Gaming, have tried Kephess HM 8 man two nights in a row now. We have no problems until Gift of the Masters. We have tried to heal through it, albeit without snipers, and running out of it. No option works. There is no way for us to get past this point, which is extremely annoying, as this is the only end game content for us and we'd like to be able to finish it without being stopped by a bug.

There is one other option you could try, but some people in this thread referred to it as an exploit, however for some 8 man compositions it is the only chance to kill him, since every other tactic requires specific classes and cooldowns.

You can LoS the pull, but it can be a bit difficult to get the timing right and there is a chance the tank could die while pulling him away. His AoE has about twice the range of the animation and the room is big enough.

Edited by Shinaa

Ah. This would be an issue for us. We only have 2. :(

Sniper bubble damage reductions do NOT stack, so one sniper is fine. The sniper can even pre-bubble a couple of seconds around the 60-61% mark and the bubble will be there for all ticks of Gift of the Masters. The sniper will have to be in cover while doing this, and does NOT want to use Entrench. If you have a second sniper, have him drop cover and blow Ballistic Shield right after he is pulled in.

Everyone gets pulled in and then the rest is up to your healers. it can be done.

Someone asked for some helpful tips, here you go:

1) Sorcerors precasting Static Barriers on assigned groups

2) Absorb Adrenals on Light Armor wearers (Gift of the Masters is kinetic, I believe)

3) All personal CDs, even certain respecs to help individuals make it through the mess

4) For BioChem users, hit your Rakata Med Pack - adds 15% health for 15 seconds, which is huge

5) Save the battle rez in case someone does drop

6) Powertech Oil Slick

7) Marauder Predation (used for the tanks to get out and in position for the kite phase)

Probably some more little details that I can't remember, but yes we killed it on 16M HM with the bug.

Sniper bubble damage reductions do NOT stack, so one sniper is fine. The sniper can even pre-bubble a couple of seconds around the 60-61% mark and the bubble will be there for all ticks of Gift of the Masters. The sniper will have to be in cover while doing this, and does NOT want to use Entrench. If you have a second sniper, have him drop cover and blow Ballistic Shield right after he is pulled in.

Everyone gets pulled in and then the rest is up to your healers. it can be done.

Someone asked for some helpful tips, here you go:

1) Sorcerors precasting Static Barriers on assigned groups

2) Absorb Adrenals on Light Armor wearers (Gift of the Masters is kinetic, I believe)

3) All personal CDs, even certain respecs to help individuals make it through the mess

4) For BioChem users, hit your Rakata Med Pack - adds 15% health for 15 seconds, which is huge

5) Save the battle rez in case someone does drop

6) Powertech Oil Slick

7) Marauder Predation (used for the tanks to get out and in position for the kite phase)

Probably some more little details that I can't remember, but yes we killed it on 16M HM with the bug.

I've checked the logs, and yes it is kinetic damage.

For sorcs with only ~18.85% damage reduction in light armor (assuming mostly rakata, little over 2000 armor) it ticks for 4999-5003. So assume 5000, every second, for five seconds. So I would think number #2 would be helpful.

Here's a kill with the bug by the guild VII on The Red Eclipse EU.

Setup:

Tanks: Juggernaut, Powertech

Healers: 2x Sorceror

Dps: 2x Sniper, 1x Mercenary, 1x Marauder.

I believe it isn't bugged anymore on 8 man, but they introduced it on 16 man now.

I believe it isn't bugged anymore on 8 man, but they introduced it on 16 man now.

We tried outdistancing and LoS'ing it, it is definitely still bugged on 8 man. Can link some video proof when I got time to sort through our 4 hours worth of frapsed tries if you want.

My guild killed him tonight on 16m HM. Was tough but the bug by no means makes him un-killable.

The bug is extremely forgiving on 16 man though (imo); more likely to have sniper shield(s), more chance of having hybrids able to help out on the healing etc.... more OOC resses.

I havent read the entire thread, im just confirming that Kephess is still bugged in 8man hard mode.

Video from our attempt on May the 6th;

Its not undoable, we did manged to kill the boss with the bug:

Edited by Xodin
Adding information