TFB: Operator (HM) colour deletion bug?

We're a casual guild that enjoy the challenge of hard mode ops from time to time. Recently we've grinded to a halt on our hard mode attempts in TFB on Operator's colour deletion in the last part of the fight. For some reason we seem to lose a lot of people to the colour deletion, despite people running to shield. We often see two people lieing piled up on top of each other dead. It seems to be a bug, but I can't find anything on it - are there anything else we're missing?

they have to be on top of eachother for about 1 gcd. what helps is if the tank taunts one gcd after the shield goes down to ensure that the tank gets the circle under their feet, the other tank may need to taunt shortly after the circle get put on the main tank with the circle. the tank with the circle should stack directly under the boss and have one of the 2 people that can defuse the circle stack on top of him, and make sure the tank doesnt try to move to get on top of the person running to defuse the tank with the circle on them. if the tank tries to move to stack harder, there can easliy be some confusion since they are both trying to move.

also, we liek to have he person who channels be the first person to stack if their color is called out as to not waste two buffs for one defusal.

hope that helps. good luck.

The person marked for deletion, and the person with the matching orb buff that is going to clear it, need to stand pretty much on top of each other, so both should run directly to the center of the boss (X marks the spot, literally), and they have to be bloody freaking quick about it. If they wait for someone to call out, it's probably too late, so establish in advance who is responsible for first vs second deletion of a particular color. Also note that nobody else should be there.

You can somewhat control this mechanic if your tank taunts about 3s after the shield drops, they will be guaranteed to be the one targeted, but they are also going to die if the person responsible for clearing doesn't move quick enough. So it makes it more predictable, but also increases the penalty for failure. They will also blow a taunt if OP IX decides to do disinfection instead (aggro drop to a random raid member followed by a massive hit).

One thing you might try is practicing right before the pull.

After picking our colors and going into the instance, we'd pile up by the door. Then the raid leader would call out "Joe Orange", followed by Joe and one of the orange players running out, then running back. Then calling out "Bill Blue", then "June Orange", etc. which the correct players running out.

It was a great drill because we made plenty of mistakes during practice (that would have wiped the group in the actual fight). After a couple of minutes we had it down cold and were able to run the fight smoothly.

Yeah - we've done the dry run practice before tries. We seem to be getting the right people into the center, but it appears not for long enough...

Well this game is plagued by positional lag issues, which are commonly fixed by adding a jump to your movement, so that is something to consider. But I think the real key is to NOT rely on callouts over voice chat for this mechanic. By the time the callout is done, both people should have already seen the red text and be on their way.

well .. this part is all about right people stacking together.

The way I get my group to do it is after we clear colours we all stand around the boss on the shield.

Now no matter what tank will do (should taunt the boss around 1 second left on the shield - this will make boss stick to tank and not one shot random person with Disinfection protocol).

Now for 3 seconds after shield goes down we mainly focus on who still has colour debuff from phase one (i am sure you all get your debuffs from killing orbs).

I call out NAME and COLOUR. Whoever's name is called runs into the middle - right underneath the boss boll****. Also person with the right colour runs into the same position. This is very important to always run to the SAME SPOT. and underneath the boss is best place. If all players stand around the boss on the shield, they have same distance to middle of boss and they know where to stop.

Also we say DPS goes in first, if they have no buff then healers/tanks go in. Knowing who is next for each colour makes it much easier to manage.

You can see our first kill from long time ago but we still use this tactic and it works for 8 man as well as 16man:

16man:

8man:

hope this helps.

I may as well piggy back on this thread for odd TFB HM behavior.

16 man HM TFB, second phase we were killing left tentacle then right when I noticed the tentacles were gaining the Hypergate Alacrity buff that I thought was a Nightmare mechanic (I tank this fight most of the time, so I could just be mental). Screenshot

Nah, It's HM + NIM

Thanks to everyone for chiming in. At least we've confirmed that it's not a bug but a case of Doing It Wrong. In our case it seems we're just not quick enough, and/or that we don't stand still for long enough. The last few runs we had this the people killed by the deletion were on top of each other, so I think we have the positioning right just need the timing :)

We haven't had a chance to try again since this, as we've had our tries on DF hard (Draxus is tough!) and S&V (questions on Thrasher in new thread :p) at our HM evenings