Cartel Market Certificate - Gas cylinders, bug?

Severidus

Hi all,

Search failed me (or I failed it) - I purchased the Empire black/blue gas cylinder with a cartel market certificate.

The item appears in my inventory, but when I 'use' it I am told this unlock has already been applied to my character. When I go to my hangar, the color cylinder still appears locked.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Hi all,

Search failed me (or I failed it) - I purchased the Empire black/blue gas cylinder with a cartel market certificate.

The item appears in my inventory, but when I 'use' it I am told this unlock has already been applied to my character. When I go to my hangar, the color cylinder still appears locked.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

I don't know that you are doing anything wrong. I assume you are on an imperial character when trying to apply it? Something got messed up with the starfighter customizations when they all became available for direct purchase instead of consumable unlocks that dropped in cartel packs. You can ask CS to fix it for you though. Just have the gas cylinder in your inventory and then submit a ticket saying you have this consumable unlock but its not working. CS will either unlock the gas cylinder customization for you or grant you a new item that is consumable. CS is backlogged so be sure to give them plenty of time. Be polite and provide lots of details. If you have applicable screenshots, I recommend you submit the ticket by emailing support@swtor.com instead of in-game. You can attach screenshots that way.

If it gets denied its often because the first tier of support doesn't really understand what you are asking. Some of them are not all that familiar with the game as a whole, let alone GSF. I had the same issue once several years ago, and CS was able to fix it for me, so if you get turned down initially just re-submit the ticket, politely, with more details.