Ninja Players are a really BAD destroyer of comunity

ExcaliburKnight

Ok had the pleasure of being in a 16 man ops on Ilum four different groups I tried over a 6 hour period.

In our ops group was three tanks 3 healers and 10 dps at the end we all role for our goodies a Str lvl 63 moded bracelet and a lvl 63 moded sith sorc Boots. after checking who won what loot it turns out a sith maurder had NINJA the boots he was asked to return so the boots could be RE-ROLLED between the Sith sorcs and he just left the ops and placed us on ignore. A player like this will destroy the community as now I know of players who will always need on an item even if they don't need as it has happened time and time again. ITS a shame that the CS dont pull there finger out and actually do something when this is reported.

but are happy to ban a post if the ninja in question is NAMED seems one rule for a ninja and another rule for a player who plays by the game/community rules. IF you wish for the NINJA name i'm happy to supply.

I'm so pissed of by it just been spaming gen chat calling the guy a ****** to be honest never lost it like this before but since beta and the amount of bugs this game has got this ninja was the final straw i normally just let it go but think the game has really gone down hill fed up helping players to then have idiots like this Need on an item that has NO use to them.

well CS have banned me from posting in gen chat for 12hours but to be honest ill be asking for a refund on my remaining 6mth subs and going to another game.

Perhaps he was a crafter who could RE the mods for the schematic? (Not sure if that applies, so don't shoot me if it doesn't).

Even in an Ops group that includes randoms, there is normally at least one person leading the op. With so many unknown people to manage among the knowns, it is good practice to switch to master looter when running such an event and while I wouldn't have been ranting about it, he or she should bear a little responsibilty for not ensuring that only those who needed (which may or may not include crafters) got to roll on drops.

And next time you join an operation, ask what the loot rules are before going ahead. If it isn't organised in a fair manner then you can choose to opt out rather than being in this position again.

And this is why Master Loot should be turned on by the group leader. There is always one person in a pug who will try to steal everything. In my experiences, the thieves make themselves known rather early by moaning about it.

It's also fun when you join a guild group and they use Master Looter to gimp you out of all drops.

Edited by slafko

I'm so pissed of by it just been spaming gen chat calling the guy a ****** to be honest never lost it like this before but since beta and the amount of bugs this game has got this ninja was the final straw i normally just let it go but think the game has really gone down hill fed up helping players to then have idiots like this Need on an item that has NO use to them.

Yeah I hear you, I was tanking with my new jug in LI HM earlier which almost literally took blood, sweat and tears to get to end of the flashpoint because both dps were lacking/making mistakes only for the merc to need on the frontline force mainhand and chest which I could of done with and quit group.

The main fact that made me angry wasn't just about losing out on gear but I felt it was like the guy was sticking his two fingers up at the group despite the fact we actually carried him through half the flashpoint and another group wouldn't of given him the time of day after that many enrages or mistakes (especially with the new repair costs). He wasn't even a new 50 either he was in mostly BH so the only reason I can think of to why he actually needed was just out of spite.

Maybe he didn't like being told he needed to put more dps in even though he was in BH?

Personally, I've stopped running HM FP's without a guild group. I'll only pug lowbie FP's and even then, loot doesn't concern me most of the time because I can just get my husband to run me through it afterwards for loots.

But yeah, people like that are just rude. Not to worry though, I usually will /ignore a name if someone calls out a ninja.

Not much can be done except change the loot rules and BW probably wont even do that, sadly, too much work involved in rewriting the system. Too busy recoloring armor to sell for cash.

:/

I recall reading somewhere on the forums that what the developers would "like to do" is set up the loot system so that "Round-Robin" automatically only lets you "Need" on items you could actually equip on your advanced class, and then for anything else you'd be forced to greed or pass.

No loot system, however sophisticated, will ever eradicate selfish players or ninja-looting, that is the unavoidable truth, we all just have to develop a sense of player-etiquette that most can agree is fair, & just expect the occasional a**hole.

No loot system, however sophisticated, ...

It's a shame such a system has existed for years now and is really, really simple.

Group of players kills a mob. Mob drops an item. The game assigns the item to one member of the group. That member picks up the item and the group moves on to the next mob. No ninjas, no need, no greed. Simple dumb luck of the draw and the item can be given away if the winner doesn't need it.

Edited by slafko

well CS have banned me from posting in gen chat for 12hours but to be honest ill be asking for a refund on my remaining 6mth subs and going to another game.

The problem is that no matter what game you play, these people will always be there. And on top of that - it's not BW fault that they act like this which means that a refund of money is completely out of the question.

Unfortunatly you will get these type of players in any mmorpg. Most players i encounter will wait turns for respawns but there is always the 1 in 10 player who doesnt care. Ill admit if i am in the Black Hole and fighting say a group of 4 npcs and i need to blow the container up, ill take the hits and blow the container 1st these days then kill and loot the mobs as too many times ive had people see me fighting the mods but steal the container.

We had a member quit the game yesterday over this. he said he actually got a refund on the pre release also as quitting and of course we told him to think about it for a few days and cool down before deciding but although we run weekly guild content ie ops some players still que in group finder and sometimes youll get a bad one in the group there where in the guild runs you dont.

People blowing up your objective Container while you're fighting two mobs guarding it is not surprising. They figure you're still doing the prerequisite part and have no need for the Container yet. Trust me, I know how frustrating that can be – someone destroying the Container while your 15th Torvix mob is at 10% health. There's no point in losing one's cool over it, however. You're already doing the best and easiest way to ensure that doesn't happen to you in the future – going straight for the Container. The mobs don't really hit for anything so they don't need to be disposed of first.

I myself take great care not to destroy the Container if someone is killing the mobs close to an active one. I'll park myself in clicking distance of the container and jump while waiting for them to kill the mobs. If they go for the Container without inviting me, no biggie; I'll get another one. If they invite me to group and then activate the Container – happiness! If they run off in search of more Torvix to kill, it's obvious they're not at the Container stage yet and I proceed to destroy it. No one gets griefed or wronged; just how I like to play my games.

Edited by slafko

I

No loot system, however sophisticated, will ever eradicate selfish players or ninja-looting, that is the unavoidable truth, we all just have to develop a sense of player-etiquette that most can agree is fair, & just expect the occasional a**hole.

That's nonsense, the fact that any class can currently role need on any piece of gear means the loot system hasn't been well thought out.

Best way to eradicate ninja looting is not allow people to need on items they can't possibly use for their class.

This thread is all kinds of stupid.

Your group leader for the OP you were in was stupid for not having Master Loot set.

Everyone in the OP was stupid for not asking for Master Loot.

You were banned for spamming general chat, not by CS, but by other players mass reporting you for being stupid and spamming general chat. Its a new feature, glad to see it works. See patch notes for the last few patches. Players mass reporting you for spamming gets you banned from chat for 12 hours.

It was one item, and you're gonna leave the game over it? Just more stupid.

So, instead of learning from this experience, you're gonna throw a hissy fit and rage quit?

Good luck wherever you end up, you're gonna need it.

This thread is all kinds of stupid.

Your group leader for the OP you were in was stupid for not having Master Loot set.

Everyone in the OP was stupid for not asking for Master Loot.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice your posting habits.

You always slag off anyone who isn't posting love fests of SWTOR/BW/EA?!

I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice your posting habits.

You always slag off anyone who isn't posting love fests of SWTOR/BW/EA?!

You obviously didn't go back far enough. I may like the game, but I can see the game could be better if EAware would get off their collective lazy butts, but I don't have much faith they will, and will continue their money-grabbing ways.

Having said that, when I run my guildies through an OP or Heroic, I set loot to Master Loot if we take anyone with us not part of the guild, and make sure they too get a fair shake at loot.

If you don't trust the group or the group leader, then you shouldn't cry when you don't get any loot. Ask for Master Loot, or don't PUG.

Plus, you've only made 5 posts as of this answer. Nice attempt at trying to peeve me off. You failed.

Edited by CaptRavenous

You obviously didn't go back far enough. I may like the game, but I can see the game could be better if EAware would get off their collective lazy butts, but I don't have much faith they will, and will continue their money-grabbing ways.

Having said that, when I run my guildies through an OP or Heroic, I set loot to Master Loot if we take anyone with us not part of the guild, and make sure they too get a fair shake at loot.

If you don't trust the group or the group leader, then you shouldn't cry when you don't get any loot. Ask for Master Loot, or don't PUG.

Plus, you've only made 5 posts as of this answer. Nice attempt at trying to peeve me off. You failed.

LOL, you don't have to make a lot of posts to read the forums a lot.

Unfortunatly you will get these type of players in any mmorpg. Most players i encounter will wait turns for respawns but there is always the 1 in 10 player who doesnt care. Ill admit if i am in the Black Hole and fighting say a group of 4 npcs and i need to blow the container up, ill take the hits and blow the container 1st these days then kill and loot the mobs as too many times ive had people see me fighting the mods but steal the container.

We had a member quit the game yesterday over this. he said he actually got a refund on the pre release also as quitting and of course we told him to think about it for a few days and cool down before deciding but although we run weekly guild content ie ops some players still que in group finder and sometimes youll get a bad one in the group there where in the guild runs you dont.

Yeh Z that was me :-)

LordRahlik wrote:

The problem is that no matter what game you play, these people will always be there. And on top of that - it's not BW fault that they act like this which means that a refund of money is completely out of the question.

Actually was refunded my pre-release of early access Rise of the Cartel and my 6mnth sub which I had paid for around the 13th of FEB. As I told CS that due to the bugs and a few ninja players taking items in OPS in the last few weeks the game for me had no longer become a joy to play. Loved this game and feel sad about my 14 characters, but to me a mmo is about community, and when you see the community take a turn for the worse you think I don't need this and finally admit defeat and move on.

My final comment to CS was '' Can you try and implement a option in the social options to ignore proven Ninja players I.E players who have ninja say 3 ops and been reported as told them due to ninja players the whole community would soon be all needing just so they don't get ripped off and then the good players would hand over the items to players who class item it would be good for.

P.S Game was fun enjoyed it since beta played 112day 12hrs 34mins legacy lvl 50 gree hero but now time to hang up and give game a rest as have to often seen the selfish players in the community take advantage of the good willed players.

Ok had the pleasure of being in a 16 man ops on Ilum four different groups I tried over a 6 hour period.

In our ops group was three tanks 3 healers and 10 dps at the end we all role for our goodies a Str lvl 63 moded bracelet and a lvl 63 moded sith sorc Boots. after checking who won what loot it turns out a sith maurder had NINJA the boots he was asked to return so the boots could be RE-ROLLED between the Sith sorcs and he just left the ops and placed us on ignore. A player like this will destroy the community as now I know of players who will always need on an item even if they don't need as it has happened time and time again. ITS a shame that the CS dont pull there finger out and actually do something when this is reported.

but are happy to ban a post if the ninja in question is NAMED seems one rule for a ninja and another rule for a player who plays by the game/community rules. IF you wish for the NINJA name i'm happy to supply.

It was the group leader's fault for not selecting Mater Looter, and equally your fault for not reminding him to do so.

Dude, it's a few electrons. I don't think people should be able to need on gear they can't use either, but the rules say they can. You had no right to go ballistic and spam general chat about the guy.

It's good you're leaving. Hopefully, you can gain some perspective before going to another game.

Edited by Master-Nala

It was the group leader's fault for not selecting Mater Looter, and equally your fault for not reminding him to do so.

Don't bother. He's already convinced himself he's a victim.

And, don't get me wrong, I'm not a grammer nazi, but "Mater Loot" was just too funny to pass up. :D

Would you trust a random PuG with master looter? I don't.

Fact is the current loot rules don't take into consideration of PuG/GF runs, both loot rules are dependent on trust whether it's trusting everyone or trusting the group leader in a master looter roll. Problem is you can trust guild members or people in your friends list to an extent but try trusting some random from god knows where who the only interaction you've had with before the op or flashpoint is the fact you both queued for a flashpoint at the same time.

Not to say all PuG groups are like that but now and again you get the one random idiot you don't usually play with whom will use that opportunity of anonymity or being just "some other random" to ninja all they can as it's not going to affect them in the slightest unlike ninjaing from a guild or someone they know.

Problem is the game doesn't have a loot rule to keep PuG/GF runs safe from jerks like that. A class only roll would be a lot better than the current need/greed, it would stop those mercs from grabbing a warriors piece or having that shadow tank that ninjas someones autocannon then logs out.

Fact is the current loot rules don't take into consideration of PuG/GF runs, both loot rules are dependent on trust whether it's trusting everyone or trusting the group leader in a master looter roll. Problem is you can trust guild members or people in your friends list to an extent but try trusting some random from god knows where who the only interaction you've had with before the op or flashpoint is the fact you both queued for a flashpoint at the same time.

Not to say all PuG groups are like that but now and again you get the one random idiot you don't usually play with whom will use that opportunity of anonymity or being just "some other random" to ninja all they can as it's not going to affect them in the slightest unlike ninjaing from a guild or someone they know.

Problem is the game doesn't have a loot rule to keep PuG/GF runs safe from jerks like that. A class only roll would be a lot better than the current need/greed, it would stop those mercs from grabbing a warriors piece or having that shadow tank that ninjas someones autocannon then logs out.

I see it as a road that never ends. If we keep adding features because you can't trust other people, pretty soon the game will be 80% features developed because of the thick atmosphere of mis-trust. There have been many instances in the past, in this game and other MMOs, where people join a guild, and wait for months, sometimes even a couple years, to gain trust just so they can rip off the guild bank. What do we do to stop these types of players?

I see it like this:

In any group setting, MMO or RL, when you get together with a group of strangers for an activity with promised rewards, there's going to be greed, and there's going to be drama, whether its a PUG run, or co-workers who win a lottery and begin fighting over who deserves how much based on what they put into the lottery pot.

You're gonna get screwed sometimes. It sux, I agree. However, I disagree that the burden should be on EAware to put a lot of work into adding features to curb greed. Just like in Real Life, be wary of whom you trust, and take precautions.

Edited by CaptRavenous

Think you hit what I was asking for been in loads of FP/ops and ninja has happened probably about 40-60 times think this last one was just the one that broke the camels back due to the 6 hours of dieing while trying to do the OPS.

To be honest when i was doing my daily BH grinds on HMFP on my characters as i was fully kitted in lvl 61/63 gear id some times need on final chest if in a pug to make sure who ever needed the item then got it as seen to many times a force user take a agents off hand weapon for a companion instead of giving it to an agent and same for a force user losing out to an off hand saber to a non force user class.

Always nice to see the ninja loss out and me hand over the item to the player who should have got it for there class.

many of these shenanigans is the product of cross server lfd in past mmos where such propagated and nourished it. mega servers also contributed to it as well. most mmos without such policed themselves through players placing you on ignore so you can not reply to them for a group nor you them. communities where built and policed themselves. this game is trying to do the same thing but with a mega server it will take much longer and is much more difficult.

said players in this one will now be put on ignore lists where they no longer will be a problem to the same toons again. however these players are the same ones that will come into these forums posting they cant get a lfd group and the queues are too long for them. they then want it to be cross server like the one they learned this behavior from. every time i see these posts i often ask them questions as to their game play as more than likely they are on too many ignore lists and are reaping what they sowed.

it is really mind boggling that the need option isnt for only gear your toon can use. other mmos have it as it is now a necessary mechanic which goes hand in hand with a lfd because of the issue the op had. it is only one more nail in this games coffin. thankfully it is star wars as if not it would NOT be alive.