is there goin to be a chapter 4

eleusiszero

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was in one of their recent interviews, i am not sure, I keep seeing it stated on the forums.

I'd be really interested in seeing that interview if anybody could point me in the right direction. The above comment just made me notice that I had been taking comments about story being deprioritized for granted, and that after having spent the past few days catching up on dev news I hadn't actually seen anyone official say anything about that. I just spent like fifteen minutes doing searches on all of the TOR and general gaming blogs, and none of them really had anything recent about changes to story development that I could find. Honestly, the only thing close to a source for this seems to be comments on this forum from around June that had people asking if the increased priority of legacy content would mean story delays.

On the main thread topic; Personally, I don't think we'll see an Act 4 until there is a full expansion.

No idea. I know that Bioware has said yes, FWIW. I also know that there have been significant staff reductions and that the game has gone ftp. So we'll see. They may come along, they may not. Even if they do materialize, I suspect they'll be less involved than the original vision. (Although this may not be bad. Every storyline I've played has parts that could be cut without losing anything.)

I am with those of you, though, who don't think they'll keep subscribing if there's *never* any character specific content. Like you, that's what I love about this game. So if that vanishes, I'll probably finish up my subscription, then go ftp and finish up the characters I'm still curious about...

Of course there will be, and it is very likely there will be some story related sidequests between now and then, bioware never said anything about never doing stoory only that the next chapter will not come within the year, but remember storywise we get an EPIC storyline to get hk, as well as some story and lore in the xpacs, there will always be epic story and some additional missions but the next chapter will likely be in a major patch or 'mini x-pac' like makeb, expect it in something like that or a true xpac.

and honestly, if you follow the nay-sayers you would know its just a small group of trolls who are in love with galaxies and desperately want a sandbox, we may get some sandbox features but until this game is galaxies 2.0 they will hate the game, honestly dont listen to their trolling, this is a new game that is beginning to find its stride, once it extends trial to 50 we will have many new players to invigorate game and eventually new subscribers.

I love the class-stories, that's really what stands out for me. Want to continue my with them, see what happens to my characters, their husbands and friends. Still believe somewhere deep down that the next chapter will be as great as the ones we have seen here. So far I've only finished JK and Smuggler so there are still plenty of alts for me to lvl until the next chapter. What happens when I run out of alts to play, now that is a different story, hope I won't get there.

Tried other MMO's briefly, but never got hooked. It is the story, how connected I feel to my characters, that keep me coming back for more =)

Well, now that you mention it I remember reading something to this effect. Will just have to see for how long we will end up waiting. Keeping all fingers crossed for a shorter period of time.

If it really drags out and I've played all my alts up to 50, and have been raiding with them for a bit. Well, then I might just take a break for a bit. Don't see this as a major cause for panic, have two lvl 50's so far, it will take a while for me to see all classes. If I need something else to do for a little while, well I will play ME3 and see how the Extended Cut turned out. Or perhaps fire up a new warden for DA:O or DA2. There are plenty of things to do. I know that the minute more story is on the table I'll come running back for more. I wouldn't leave forever, just until more story was brought in.

Edited by SilentKitty

I hope there will be more story content, including companion story content, advancing relationships, affecting alignments and just doing what needs to be done to destroy the enemy. I'm progressing through various stories right now but with my only lvl 50 assassin I hope for the opportunity to continue the story doing what Darths do and maybe more opportunity to participate in the Dark Council and make decisions that affect the Empire.

I'm with you. I have a level 50 Mercenary who has started EC, a level 50 Operative who has been doing HMs to gear up, a level 46 Vanguard about to hit 50 who has a little bit of Columi Legacy gear waiting for him, and a level 18 Sith Juggernaut who is, in the words of Bioware, "On the backburner". Only other story I'm interested in is JK but I'm gonna wait until I can play as a Cathar. More species Bioware! But first, MORE STORY!!!

I can understand this is pushed back . Bioware first wants to focus on end game content. when that is done i do not doubt that their will be a chapter 4. But that may take a year or longer before that happens however

to the ppl asking about the story being on the back burner. i think it probably comes from the jeff hickman interview at gamesson. shere he said for the time being they are concentrating on group content for patches ever 6 weeks and story content would be a lot slower to come out and much further down the line. that sounds like back burner stuff to me.

also just to add, that interview with the writer (in this section of the forum) he was careful not to say anything about a chaper 4, and he wasn't asked anything about it. he did say he hopes to get a chance to add to risha's story. that would indicate he was taking about chapter 4, but the fact he used the trem "hopes" is kinda worrying, but take from that what you will.

i feel chapter 4 really depends on the success of the game from here on. its really expensive or at least we are told its really expensive to make story. so if the game doesn't start making a bucket load of money, i don't think thy will pay out for chapter 4

For those asking about the story content being pushed back, I think the talk of it came from an interview with Matthew Bromberg. If you go to the bottom post of this thread I linked to the interview. He says something about it being very expensive to do and that it won't be nearly as frequent as other content or something to that effect. Although the page is in german the interview itself is in English.

I thought they said Makeb would have new story for characters.

It will. A recent interview with Hall Hood,the new lead writer, had him likening story content to the Marvel superhero movies like Iron Man,Thor,The Hulk etc and The Avengers. Basically, the leveling class story was the individual "movie" and new story content will be more encompassing of all the classes and group story centric like the Avengers was.