Greatest Force User of All Time

DarthSublimitas

Me

In all seriousness, those encyclopedias are hardly a source as most only take the films into accounts.

Its probably either the Sith Emperor (who I personally think is Palpatine as the Emperor is immortal age-wise)...

The JK doesn't kill the Emperor, just a body of his.

or Luke later on in the novels at his prime

or Darth Plagius (don't even go there with the whole killed in his sleep thing...he was sleeping...doesn't count)

or maybe even some of the original Rakata.

It's established in source material that a: Vitiate does die, around 3000 years after TOR is set and b: We have source material for Palpatine from birth onwards.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's established in source material that a: Vitiate does die, around 3000 years after TOR is set and b: We have source material for Palpatine from birth onwards.

The only source we have say, Plaigus belive hes dead (he told that hes dead, but we dont know if he's right)... that doesnt mean anything, maybe he doesnt know that he surived the battle with JK or whatever. They could bring him back after ROTJ (but i dont thiink so)

Perhaps... I just checked it, and you are right.So it's going that this guy never had master? Maybe, he used some Siths on Nathema to get knowledge but they weren't masters...Interesting.

Vitiate is more powerful than Ragnos? Can you continue this? It's very interesting topic for me, because i doubt who is stronger of them even if Ragnos is higher in my list.

Well, this guy is pretty powerful. But it's hard to estimate his power.

Can I continue? Not exactly. There isn't really any canon to say exactly who's stronger.

I'm guessing that Vitiate is more poweful simply because the age at which he was reckognized for his power. Also, I'm making this guess based on how I would write the story. If you're a good writer, then you will wait and kill the biggest and baddest badguy off until the end (usually that's the case). So with that in mind, I imagine that Vitiate would be more poweful. But yeah... it's just a guess. No canon here.

• 2 weeks later...
Shotgonius mentioned the Rakata. They built the Infinite Empire, and the Star Forge, and no one has ever faced one down. Their power is unknown, but the artifacts of their Empire clearly indicate a terrifying mastery of the Force. I would say that they were probably the most powerful Force users, since it seemed that they were born into more Force potential than any other species, and their entire technological base relied on Force usage.

Shotgonius mentioned the Rakata. They built the Infinite Empire, and the Star Forge, and no one has ever faced one down. Their power is unknown, but the artifacts of their Empire clearly indicate a terrifying mastery of the Force. I would say that they were probably the most powerful Force users, since it seemed that they were born into more Force potential than any other species, and their entire technological base relied on Force usage.

King Adas and the old Sith defeated a Rakata invasion...

I can see your logic to him mastering the light, but the 'all mighty creator' himself says it is impossible to master both sides of the force, no matter how special the case it cannot happen.

I'd like to point out that the "almighty creator" no longer owns star wars so his statements are for the birds. As for using both dark and light it doesnt make sense since u would have to be in 2 opposite emotional states basically u would have to be both calm and restless at the same time.

Interesting that you point that out, Aurbere. I wasn't saying that the Rakata were invincible, only that at the height of their power, one of them was probably one of the most powerful force users ever, based solely on their species' mastery of the Force.

The invasion, IIRC, was sometime between the golden days of the Rakata when they ruled without question, and the slave revolts that rocked their power base. Then the plague destroyed their force sensitivity and it was game over for the Infinite Empire.

King Adas and the old Sith defeated a Rakata invasion...

But we have fact that Soa was proclaimed King of Korriban. So there was the time when Rakata defeated Sith and ruled their planet, though we don't know was it before or after Adas' death.

I believe Lucas said Luke was the greatest Jedi of all time.

The Emporer was afraid of him, and had Luke not thrown away his sword, probably would have defeated him.

Sadly, the special effects between the OT and the PT are so different due to technology advances that Luke seems underpowered. They didn't have Mark and D. Prowse in wire harnesses for really cool moves, Hollywood fight scenes and swordsmanship are much more visually exciting these days (minus edge on edge parries, don't get me started).

he was lying also did not even destroyed sidious vader did.

This is what sooo many people miss. Luke was NOT the chosen one... It was Anakin, Anakin was ALWAYS the Chosen One, the one to restore balance to the Force... However, the path he followed to finally destroy the last embodiement of the Dark Side was far disparate from what others in the Jedi Order had supposed, they all assumed he would become a mantle of the Light Side of the Force, instead he turned, and in the most pivotal moment in Galactic History, returned to the Light Side and fullfiled his destiny [i.e. destroyed the Emperor]

Edited by Red_Ripper

• 2 weeks later...
If its no contest and its Luke...because the books say so...then please point out the passage to me where it says that Luke CREATED LIFE with the force...oh wait he couldn't, but someone else could...not to mention a certain someone that could drain all life on an entire planet with the force.

Luke was a chump compared to the big boys.

That was an ability and specific power, but id hazard a guess that doing those feats completely drained the user for days. And who says he cant? Flow walking was not a dark side technique yet Luke did not approve of using it, and later did not want his son to learn it or use it at first, yet conceded at the end. Again just because he has not used it, does not mean he did not have the ability to learn and master it.

As for palpatine, he was strong, heck way stronger then Luke at the time they clashed, but as seems to be the popular thing, his arrogance was his downfall.

Darth Nihilus, again yes he had the power to devour an entire population with the power of the force, but look at some of the other Jedi that were not as "powerful" seemingly, they all have their own strengths and weaknesses, corran horn was able to use the force in all ways but manipulation to physical items with telekinesis yet, Valin Horn had a natural ability to manipulate insects to do whatever he wanted them to do. Maybe not as impressive as devouring a planet, yet my point is is that nihilus might have only has that power be his most powerful force ability yet was a poorer casual force user, casual being push, pull and other powers. Heck using power in that access he might have depleted his entire "reservoir" of force energy and then some leaving him weak as it satisfied his hunger, leaving him vulnerable to death by force use as it strengthens his physical abilities. As far as i see it having played kotor, nihilus seemed to be at his maximum power, at least his power seemed to be most effective when he had the drop on his targets, but face to face encounters, (beings that had defenses in the force up and prepared for combat) seemed to be weaker and less effective.

maybe if he trained himself he could have been a "dark Luke" of his time in the measure of power and natural use of the force, but like most Sith, he believed his presence and power sufficient enough to never be formally challenged, or at least challenged and defeated until it actually happened.

Edited by GeneralKadar
because

Interesting that you point that out, Aurbere. I wasn't saying that the Rakata were invincible, only that at the height of their power, one of them was probably one of the most powerful force users ever, based solely on their species' mastery of the Force.

The invasion, IIRC, was sometime between the golden days of the Rakata when they ruled without question, and the slave revolts that rocked their power base. Then the plague destroyed their force sensitivity and it was game over for the Infinite Empire.

Ill admit my entire source of info regarding the entirety of rakatian history may not be the largest, but I'm no fool when it comes to the subject either.

I have no idea if they made a solid case or reason or source regarding the plague, but giving its "selective nature" in killing only rakata and its subsequent stripping of the dark side of the force from those same being, made the case that it was a splinter group of slaves that created the plague. The rakata, not counting the plague, were hardly invincible, the problem with them in the eyes of the slaves, is that they were ALL force using, their use and mastery of the force can be called into question, however, given that it took a galaxy wide plague to finish them, they must have had many of the different sensory abilities to foresee and perceive danger and hostile intent. So compared to a normal being it would have been hard to catch a rakata off guard, as they would always be on guard for the slightest whiff of revolt.

Also another problem and downfall of the empire was the internal power struggle and civil war that ensued toward the fall of the infinite empire. Once it seemed that the rakata had the entire galaxy "that was known to them with their limited ability to travel the galaxy (since their version of the hyper drive was not as refined as the polished corellian version)" they turned on each other vying for power and influence. not only that, but their numbers were never large to begin with compared to the entire population of the galaxy.