Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Companion to use as Annihilation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Best Companion to use as Annihilation?

Thundergulch
01.09.2013 , 02:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Yeah, me too. I also do stuff like EoT by myself with just Quinn.

I was asking the guy who was saying he favored dps comps. I never prefer dps comps unless the mobs are like 10 levels lower than me or there's a healer in the group.
ahh gotcha.
Yeah EOT solo as a Marauder w Quinn is pretty easy, the only part that gives me fits is the last part with all the mobs coming in waves lol.
To me that's the true test of a Marauder

Lostpenguins
01.11.2013 , 01:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
ahh gotcha.
Yeah EOT solo as a Marauder w Quinn is pretty easy, the only part that gives me fits is the last part with all the mobs coming in waves lol.
To me that's the true test of a Marauder
You can cheat this by going up the ramp and around the corner. The mobs take long to get over to you and get confused. =)

Thundergulch
01.14.2013 , 09:25 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
You can cheat this by going up the ramp and around the corner. The mobs take long to get over to you and get confused. =)
OMG, I just used this tactic this past weekend.... 1,000x Easier! lol
Thanks for the tip.
Although I didn't go around the corner, I just stood near the top of the ramp and fought the waves of mobs as they came up.
I've always just stood over by the pipe puzzle buttons for the waves,but this way they come at a slower pace and you're not getting overwhelmed.

Chiramu
01.20.2013 , 11:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by urborror View Post

Tried Quinn for a while, but I can't get used to the slowness of healers, even with Marauder burning everybody down. I'm anti-healer for every class, basically--there's too many trash mobs in the game to slow your progress down 30% for questionable benefits. I don't mind BEING a healer, since you only use heals on companions in tough situations--but USING a healer is just boring and unnecessary, as the healers heal in every situation.
Try putting your healing companion on their DPS stance. It's a lot faster to steam roll through trash, use the healing stance for hard bosses and encounters.