After a few months playing ESO, I'm back!!

FlyinSpaghetti

SWTOR might not be perfect but anyone who defends that sorry excuse for an MMO ESO needs to go and have a long hard talk with themselves.

At least SWTOR has a meaningful endgame where what you do has purpose and a goal to aim for, as well as the fact class balance while not 100% perfect they still are all viable in some way or another... having to wear a dress and a stick in ESO to be viable for it's endgame trials was a bit ridiculous IMO.

I can't describe how much I've missed actually being a strong melee spec in an MMO.... :D

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

SWTOR might not be perfect but anyone who defends that sorry excuse for an MMO ESO needs to go and have a long hard talk with themselves.

At least SWTOR has a meaningful endgame where what you do has purpose and a goal to aim for, as well as the fact class balance while not 100% perfect they still are all viable in some way or another... having to wear a dress and a stick in ESO to be viable for it's endgame trials was a bit ridiculous IMO.

I can't describe how much I've missed actually being a strong melee spec in an MMO.... :D

Welcome back.

I returned from Wildstar, so we kinda share the destiny :)

As someone who has more fun in eso than most other mmo's. there is no question the game has major issues that need major work. Most people who actually enjoy eso are looking for more than just raiding.So i would recommend to anyone that is all about raiding don't even bother with eso.

But just because someone looks for different things than you when gaming,i fail to see why you feel there is something wrong with them. Bottom line is not every game is for everyone no matter how good or bad it is,but that doesn't make anyone better than anyone else either.

So... I hear that they have 770.000 subscribers. Did it feel like it or was it kinda empty? (ie. are the subs only on paper or are they actually playing?)

I know it's kinda hard to tell since the game only has 2 servers so it's pretty crammed no matter what :p

It's not empty but that's partly due to the megaservers and phasing, it would take a lot to make it as deserted as swtor was pre-server merges due to not having loads of separate shards. However the group finder queues are painfully slow, sometime taking hours to put together a group only to find it's took that long to chuck 4 DPS in it even during prime time.

As someone who has more fun in eso than most other mmo's. there is no question the game has major issues that need major work. Most people who actually enjoy eso are looking for more than just raiding.So i would recommend to anyone that is all about raiding don't even bother with eso.

But just because someone looks for different things than you when gaming,i fail to see why you feel there is something wrong with them. Bottom line is not every game is for everyone no matter how good or bad it is,but that doesn't make anyone better than anyone else either.

This

I actually like both for different reasons so I am subscribed to both for now.

ESO offers me siege weapons and so many options for character building, which is more viable if you are not worried about leader boards for PvE stuff. It also has huge PvP where there are optimal builds that will outperform others, but you can set yourself up for surprise attacks and gank without being optimal, and of course no one has to be the best build to run around in a zerg for the siege warfare. I do look forward to them improving other things to be on par with light armor and staves but I don't let it stop me from playing with something different for the different playstyles and doing ok. I'm also insanely excited about the justice system incoming.

SWTOR I love for the stories and I do like some warzones even if I do get tired of them over and over at times, but they are usually readily available for a short play time. Oh yeah. It's also Star Wars Never was big in the lore of the Elder Scrolls games much but sure am into the Star Wars stuff. I wish I could say there is something I am aware of here that I am excited about, but the positive here is more of just knowing what to expect and its runs fairly smooth. I don't have to wait for combat animations to be adjusted to make the combat more responsive.

Both games I could really go off on as far as things they disappoint me with but that is more because I want them to be better.I don't find much point in complaining non-stop but I sure will throw my 2 cents in on them and poke fun at bad decisions or poor answers given.

First of all, welcome back.

Secondly, I have no problem with people returning, leaving, or joining SWTOR for the first time. I do, however, really dislike statements like this:

...anyone who defends that sorry excuse for an MMO ESO needs to go and have a long hard talk with themselves.

It is, of course, your opinion and you are free to express it, but you might want to stick to criticizing the game and not the people who're playing it. Some of those 700k? 500k? 100k? (who cares?) actually enjoy what you didn't and they are defending what they enjoy playing. And, again in my personal opinion, those people defending what they like make WAY more sense than those who don't enjoy it and are still paying for it.

I'm pretty sure you must've felt the same way towards SWTOR just before you left for ESO and I know other people (in this very thread, even) had similar feelings too. Still, there is no need to bash the people who enjoy it. Different strokes for different folks.

PS: I have no love for ESO. I practically played for less than a day and I was way too bored to ever log back in (yeah, those were 60€ well spent...). I just don't like people who bash others for no apparent reason.

Anyway, welcome back.

Edited by TheNahash

I lost interest with ESO after I finished it on one toon. The classes are unbalanced and veteran ranks are an awkward afterthought. I also dislike having VO on every quest, since it turns each quest hub into tedium. SWTOR has a nice balance in quests--one major cinematic quest per mission or area coupled with various text-based errands.

I tried Wildstar, but I dislike the art style and miss the cinematic quests and VO. I like the telegraphs and the twitchy combat, though, and the classes are well designed and unique. I've been playing SWTOR more than Wildstar lately, so I'll probably unsub.

ESO drove me back to SWTOR as well.

It's funny though because I haven't played SWTOR since the 1.3 patch dropped in 2012. During the past 6 months though I've hopped from game to game without any satisfaction in any of the new games. I started remembering all the fun I had in SWTOR with my Jugg and decided to give the game another shot. With all the improvement that have been made over the last 2 years, SWTOR impressed me again so I resubbed and have been happily gaming my free time away.

However, I am disappointed that I still can't play a Wookie. :(

Welcome back. I played the ESO beta and like GW2 beta it bored me to tears. At least I didn't waste money on those 2 like I did with D3,ME3 and DA2. SWTOR is the best game to come out since DAO in my opinion.

ESO's beta made it obvious to me it would be a typical ****** game launch. ****** game launches are normal, I just don't have interest or patience in being a customer/player for them anymore. I'd rather wait and see how they pan out. The game I thought had great potential and wasn't bad, just not for me as it was. Edited by Joesixxpack

Wait, it took you a few months to realize that ESO was bad? (easily the worst MMO I have ever played... try

and see how fun it is)

The stress tests like 2 weeks before release were enough to show that it was going to be a huge letdown.

Edited by demotivator

Both games have some good aspects and some bad aspects and it would be good if they could learn from each other.

SWTOR is much better when it comes to:

Class Story - a shame no more of these will be added

Story and dialogue in general - generally the level 1 to 55 experience is interesting with the illusion of choice.

Its Star Wars - Jedi Sith Lightsabers etc whats not to like

Group Play - This is very well done and lets phase it in ESO its just hard work to have seperate dialogues.

Adaptive Armour - Maybe not on every list but find a look you like you can keep it. Its a good option.

Where as ESO is far better when it comes to:

Combat - its dynamic you can't run through enemies and moving and blocking have some effect.

Graphics & Customisation - Look at the graphics and the options when creating a character and ESO is far more complex.

PvP - Its not just a poor mini game you can be an emperor.

Crafting - It produces useful items

Living breathing worlds/phasing - ESO has created cities that seem alive as opposed to the static experience of ToR.

Regular updates - Looking forward to the Justice System.

Its a little unfair to say one is better than the other as one is newer, but there is lots that is good with ESO. Ultimately what they have is a very solid foundation, lots of character choice, good combat system (with npc collision) and a good looking game with lasting PvP. SWTOR is polished and often the story and npc interactions are just more enjoyable it can feel like you are part of the star wars universe and can be a good sith or a dark jedi etc.

Now I hope BW are going to move combat away from button mashing cool down managing, I hope they will get better graphics and more species to choose from. Equally I hope ESO can start bring decent grouping and story in to make experience more complete.

But there is no way I would say one game outright sucked or one game was vastly superior. But what is fair to say is that SWTOR biggest advantage is the story and the dialogue etc and if this becomes too expensive to produce then it may have to find ways to improve the combat or the look as this is fairly traditional MMO ground and repeated in F2P MMOs all over.