Pvp matching - why not by valor?

WasabiJack

Just curious why the pvp teams are matched up to similar valor levels?

Also to put premade groups vs premade groups?

You will get rid of a whole bunch of QQ this way. perhaps you wait a little longer for q, but the game you get will be much more enjoyable.

Getting rid of QQ only creates more QQ with a different title. The ones who are complaining will always complain about something... therefore it's more logical to keep the ones who aren't complaining.... still not complaining.

Anyways, there is word of a match making system being implemented but no details on how it works have been mentioned yet. It's just a waiting game now...

I swear it's like people can't go through even 2 pages of topics before recreating a thread that already dropped from the first page because Valor is the most worthless way to measure PVP ability in game.

This

Do you realize a BOT can get valor rank 100,and it's not even a human being playing it?

Valor rank is a worthless metric... Lots of " elite warlords" out there that the only elite thing about them is their keyboard turning and clicking "skills"....and their free time is pretty elite also

valor doesnt reflect a players "skill". but it can be used as part of a match making system. someone with 100+ valor is pretty much safe bet they have min/max top tier PVP gear and also reflects that they spend alot of time in WZs. opposed to someone with only 50 or 60 valor.

match making system cant go by just gear because people will exploit that.

Edited by MiaRB

Valor is only a measure of how much time that specific toon has spent in PvP.

And with BoL gear. I could go buy an entire set of WH gear on a different toon and then send it over to my valor 1 toon.

And then I get 50 valor levels of stomping recruits.

Valor is only a measure of how much time that specific toon has spent in PvP.

And with BoL gear. I could go buy an entire set of WH gear on a different toon and then send it over to my valor 1 toon.

And then I get 50 valor levels of stomping recruits.

This

Obvious

Valor doesn't mean anything..specially skill...

/thread

This

Obvious

Valor doesn't mean anything..specially skill...

/thread

gear doesnt == skill either. a good match making system has to be based on many dif factors... gear, valor, solo, grouped, stats that refelct performance in WZs and so on. the more factors that the system uses the better the match making will be and also the harder it will be for people to exploit.

gear doesnt == skill either. a good match making system has to be based on many dif factors... gear, valor, solo, grouped, stats that refelct performance in WZs and so on. the more factors that the system uses the better the match making will be and also the harder it will be for people to exploit.

I would imagine a hidden value so players cannot game the system. Hopefully one that adjusts up and down after each match.

Just curious why the pvp teams are matched up to similar valor levels?

Because anyone can get a high valor rank if they put the time in. I myself am a mediocre PvPer (I don't suck, but I'm not one of the best either), and some lower valor people are better than me. I'm better than some higher valor people. It's all about time spent.

matchmaking by valor or by gear is not going to solve any problems. both are merely a measurement of how much time has been invested by someone, not on their ability.

there are plenty of bad players with high valor ranks and WH gear